Keel bolts torque? Oceanis 40 2008

sail abroad

Jun 20, 2016, 7:16:07 AM6/20/16
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com

Does anyone know the torque required for the keel bolts of a 2008 beneteau oceanis 40?

Does 150 - 225 ft pounds sound about the right range?

The bolts are A4 22?
mm stainless.

I know to torque the bolts starting on opposite sides and working around and in towards the center.

Many thanks.

bungee.john

Jun 20, 2016, 7:43:58 PM6/20/16
to Beneteau Owners
I used a 3/4 drive strong arm with extension sat down with my foot on the table base ,had a mate on the opposite side pushing so one pulling one pushing ,got 1/2 a turn on each one
I'm sure physically you won't over tighten ,got another 1/4 turn when the boat was on the hard with the weight on the keel ,42s7 first ,not sure of the bolt diameter on your boat ? But the firsts are very substantial and stainless,some models have galvanised bolts which may be critical to torque tension
Cheers bungee

c1gmlm

Jun 20, 2016, 11:30:04 PM6/20/16
to Beneteau Owners, Benetea...@googlegroups.com

I also have a OC400 and used a 3/4 drive arm with a 3 foot extension. I believe the spec is 300 Ft-lbs. I removed a couple for inspection. They were like brand new. The boat has always been in freshwater. I also was able to get 1/4 to 1/2 turn on most of them