Mirrors

Bill Wagner

Aug 2, 2015, 4:31:48 PM8/2/15
to Beneteau
The mirrors(medicine cabinet and wall) in forward head all have lost their shine around the edges.
I guess it is from salt water splashing on them. Has this happened to anyone else?
Bill

Sent from my iPhone

Dean Forbis

Aug 2, 2015, 4:40:42 PM8/2/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

I replaced mine about 3 years ago.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1104** members and growing.

Jeff Taylor

Aug 2, 2015, 5:21:24 PM8/2/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Oh yea! It took 12 years. I took every thing down and took them to my glass guy at hone. I added clear silicone to the edges when it put them back up

Sent from my iPad, Jeff Taylor!

Bill Wagner

Aug 2, 2015, 5:53:10 PM8/2/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Can they've taken off and redone?

Sent from my iPhone

Mohammad Bayegan

Aug 2, 2015, 6:38:39 PM8/2/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
It happens to every mirror even the expensive Koehler I have in my house.

Captain Guy

Aug 3, 2015, 12:05:48 PM8/3/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Happens to all mirrors; not a result of salt water... replaced min in March
after 15+years... $us20 at local glass shop... take in, they rip off old
ones, cut to fit and sticky back on... waited for 30 minutes...

Guy

Denny Wertheimer

Aug 3, 2015, 1:30:06 PM8/3/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Mirror creep is what the pros call it.
I would suggest a little spray of lacquer on the back and edges. Razor blade cleans off over spray on the front

Jack Vetter

Aug 3, 2015, 3:43:20 PM8/3/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
i go an estimate that was ridiculously higher than Captain Guy's so we sprayed a border on it and called it good.  might be good for another five, who knows?
jack
Tutto Bene
38s5
"reluctantly for sale"

David Arty

Aug 8, 2015, 3:15:25 PM8/8/15
to Beneteau Owners
Ours were losing the coating around the lower edges after about the first 6 months. The dealer replaced them on warranty. That was about a year ago, and now the replacements are corroding again.

Rick Itenson

Aug 10, 2015, 4:13:24 PM8/10/15
to Beneteau Owners
yes B used awful cheap mirrors.  Quality ones don`t do that.  All mine need replacing.

Hcooper

Aug 10, 2015, 5:22:19 PM8/10/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
The fact is that aa mirrors do that especially in a humid environment.  Glass is a liquid that is difficult to seal against the reflective backing.

Cooper
Why Knot
B-411 # 24
Port Aransas, Texas

Sent from my iPhone

Bill Jarvis

Aug 11, 2015, 8:15:15 AM8/11/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

I need to replace the house batteries on my boat.

Does anybody on the list have experience with the Mastervolt AGM batteries? I note that the capacity of their 4D battery is listed at 160AH compared to 210AH for the Lifeline, the weight is also less.

Bill

Jeff Koch

Aug 11, 2015, 9:36:13 AM8/11/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill:

I installed five MasterVolt AGM's on Avalon two summer's ago. They charge fast and have withstood some terrible (non-intentional) abuse we've given them. Winter before last I left a light on and they drained down to 10 volts. And earlier this summer due to a failed leg in the battery isolator one of them was overcharged at 16 volts for ten hours.

When we installed them we had to upgrade the engine charging system to a multistage Balmar setup to meet the AGM's charging requirements. Do forget to check the spec's on your battery isolator. We didn't. The isolator was rated for 80 amps but the Balmar was able to push 110 amps into the AGM house bank. That's how we burned out one of the diodes and overcharged the AGM starting battery.  The starting battery lived through this mishap but the bow thruster lead-acid battery had to be replaced.

We did a lot of research before buying the MasterVolts. I like them.

Jeff

Jeffrey Schwartz

Aug 11, 2015, 5:00:56 PM8/11/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Lifeline is the benchmark ... smaller batteries weigh less and have less power.

Jeffrey Schwartz

Kidd, James

Aug 11, 2015, 5:14:23 PM8/11/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Guys,

In reading up on all of this extensively from many technical sources,

LifeLine and possibly Mastervolt have a higher percentage of lead than others and this allows for charging at a higher rate.

A Higher rate means above 100 amps….up to 300 Amps.

Most of our charging systems do not allow for this.

I do not think there is another benefit from Lifeline, other than its ability to accept a really high/fast charge.

99% of our batteries fail from sulfation.  Read up on it!!

If you can benefit from the high charge rates, Lifeline batteries are for you.

Otherwise, they will fail from sulfation, just like a much lesser expensive one, and will not last any longer.

Opinions are welcomed!

James A Kidd

B 473

Adventure Galley

Mark Melvin

Aug 19, 2015, 6:33:43 PM8/19/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link to AGM 4D batteries that are rated at 200AH, on Amazon for $359 free shipping. Presumably could have them delivered to the marina for great simplicity"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RPOI9VQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3WHUQNRQFNKD&coliid=IXW15ASOKLLNH

To: benetea...@googlegroups.com
Subject: {Beneteau Owners} Mastervolt AGM
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:15:08 -0400