Rocna 33#

Dangiser

Aug 9, 2017, 10:17:07 AM8/9/17
to Beneteau Owners

I am planning to purchase a Rocna 33 anchor for my Beneteau 343 (2007)

I would like to know if anyone has installed one and if there is any problem about

the configuration of this type of Anchor at the bow roller.  When you retrieve the anchor does it spin, does line itself in

the bow roller. Or are there any issues in retrieving this anchor with the windless?

Steve Keever

Aug 9, 2017, 12:09:22 PM8/9/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

I put one on my ’04 423 and it just barely fit between the roller and the chain stopper.  I had only one link of chain left for the stopper to work.  Be advised that the 33 is huge relative to my 42’ boat.  Do your measurements!!  My windlass doesn’t seem to have any issue retrieving it, but I do keep RPMs up when it is in use.  For twisting, I have added a heavy duty swivel a few links back.

On the usage note so far, it’s been a pretty fantastic anchor for the few times that I have had to use it here in the mooring ball laden Pacific Northwest.  No horror stories yet of holding in Eel grass through 40 knots of wind, but I sure feel better knowing its down there when we venture away from the state parks.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Sail...@aol.com

Aug 9, 2017, 12:37:19 PM8/9/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I put the Rocna 33 on my Oceanis 50.   I think your going too big.   I used a devise that I found in the UK that is stainless and about 10" long.  It actually looks like a bent piece of pipe, but it works.   The Beneteau 60 uses that to keep the anchor turned.   Do yourself a favor and drill the roller and add a bale so the anchor can't flip up and hit you or the boat......they do that if you don't take your finger off the remote.