Leaking port

Bill

Apr 2, 2017, 3:05:56 PM4/2/17
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
I have a small porthole (Lewmar) in the main cabin and it is leaking.
I got a new gasket and o rings from Select plastic. Installed and it leaks - badly.
Added some silicone around gasket and it still leaks.
Anyone deal with such a problem?
I am wondering if it could be leaking around decorative exterior bezel.
Anyone know how it comes off?
Bill

Sent from my iPad

Mohammad Bayegan

Apr 2, 2017, 3:18:43 PM4/2/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
If you have a port that outside frame is two pieces an upper and lower is separated by a black line. You need to dig out the black line which is only caulking.
Clean and fill with black silicon.
Marengo  B 49

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Sails Call II

Apr 3, 2017, 9:09:02 AM4/3/17
to Beneteau Owners, Benetea...@googlegroups.com
The interior trim is held on with velcro (the velcro had been glued on and some of the glue is also holding the trim on).  Carefully pry the trim off since it is just plastic and will crack.  You will then be able to see where it is leaking by slowly pouring water over the port on the outside.  This will also give you a view to how the port is attached on the outside.   Some of the screws were very loose when we did this and after tightening them, the leaking ceased.

Sailor Parker

Apr 30, 2017, 2:15:28 PM4/30/17
to Beneteau Owners, Benetea...@googlegroups.com
I always thought I had a leak from the porthole. I tried everything including rebedding the window..
 Turns out the problem was with the track running next to the window.  removed the screws,
by removing a panel under the window, and used Boat Life to reseal the screws.  No more leak.

wewag...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 6:33:07 PM4/30/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I am ready to try that tomorrow.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

Gibbs Emilio

Apr 30, 2017, 7:03:35 PM4/30/17

Subject: Re: {Beneteau Owners} Re: Leaking port
To: benetea...@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, May 1, 2017, 12:33 AM
0 iun - Inaugurarea podului de la Giurgiu-Ruse195413 mart - Atacul trupelor vietnameze la Dien-Bien-Phu inceputul dezastrului trupelor franceze in Indochina 8 sept - Semnarea pactului SEATO 16-17 iun - Revolta anticomunista in Berlinul de Est este inabusita de trupele sovietice 4 iul - Imre Nagy este ales pnm-ministru al Ungariei inceputul destalmizarii in aceasta tara