Photos of Autohelm ram/linear drive on Oceanis 37

Rob Heath

Dec 15, 2016, 8:35:44 AM12/15/16
to Beneteau Owners

Hi
I am about to fit a Raymarine Type1 linear drive to my Oceanis 37. Has anyone got some photographs of a similar installation please? I am especially interested in the mounting of the ram/linear drive both on the boat and on the quadrant.
Regards Rob

Johnny Ross

Dec 15, 2016, 1:01:54 PM12/15/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Rob,
I installed a Type 1 Linear drive on our Oc. 351 a couple years back and other than working in tight quarters it went great.  I also requested help from the forum and got some good photos.  Not sure they will apply to your 370, but take a look at the attachment and hope they help.  For the quadrant bracket on mine, I use a piece of aluminum 0.25" x 2' and stainless U bolts to attach to the quadrant.​​​​

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Quadrant bracket.jpg

Johnny Ross

Dec 15, 2016, 1:08:13 PM12/15/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Rob,
Here are the rest of the photos.
Quadrant bracket with wood.jpg
Quadrant bracket 10.jpg
Quadrant bracket 9.jpg
Quadrant bracket 7.jpg
Quadrant bracket 8.jpg
Quadrant bracket 6.jpg
Quadrant bracket 5.jpg
Quadrant bracket 4.jpg
Quadrant bracket 5.jpg

Johnny Ross

Dec 15, 2016, 1:12:04 PM12/15/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
And some more.  I think that's all.
Course Computer.jpg
Quadrant bracket 2.jpg
Quadrant bracket 3.jpg

Ben Campbell

Dec 15, 2016, 1:49:04 PM12/15/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

My Beneteau 31 appears to have come from the factory prepped for a linear drive. There's a wooden platform and a mini tiller/bracket attached to the quadrant. I don't know if they were all that way, or if the 37s also had it, but they were sort of from the same design "family". I currently have a wheel pilot, so I have no idea how functional the prep would be.

Also, IIUC, the factory autopilot option included a type 3 drive, which seems like major overkill for the 31. I don't know if the fitment for a type 1 would be similar.

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

kimball...@yahoo.com

Dec 16, 2016, 5:41:00 PM12/16/16

Subject: Re: {Beneteau Owners} Photos of Autohelm ram/linear drive on Oceanis 37
To: benetea...@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, December 15, 2016, 8:48 PM

My Beneteau 31 appears to
have come from the factory prepped for a linear drive.
There's a wooden platform and a mini tiller/bracket
attached to the quadrant. I don't know if they were all
that way, or if the 37s also had it, but they were sort of
from the same design "family". I currently have a
wheel pilot, so I have no idea how functional the prep would
be.
Also, IIUC, the factory autopilot option included a type
3 drive, which seems like major overkill for the 31. I
don't know if the fitment for a type 1 would be
similar.
On 15 Dec 2016, at 12:01,
Johnny Ross wrote:

Rob,I installed a Type 1 Linear drive on our
oate acestea sub garantie colectiva a puterilor care au subscris Tratatul de la Paris .

Btbogdan46

Dec 19, 2016, 1:13:04 PM12/19/16
to Beneteau Owners
I have an Oceanis 45 with factory installed B&G linear drive autopilot. If you feel it is relevant, I can take pictures of the installation. My linear drive and electronics are located on the port side. Bruce

Rob Heath

Mar 1, 2017, 4:20:34 PM3/1/17
to Beneteau Owners
Thanks for all the the thoughts.  Here is the final result.
IMG-20170124-WA0001.jpg
WP_20170128_12_25_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20170128_12_25_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20170128_12_29_54_Pro.jpg