Teak Inlays on Lazerettes

Rick L

Jun 26, 2017, 6:39:02 AM6/26/17
to Beneteau Owners
The teak inlays on my lazerette seats are starting to come loose with water getting underneath them and making the separation worse.   The teak itself is still in good shape.  Does anyone know what type of glue and process is used to mount these inlays?

Mark J Wilme

Jun 26, 2017, 6:57:19 AM6/26/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I believe there is a product by sikaflex designed just for this

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Rod MacLeod

Jun 26, 2017, 9:15:17 AM6/26/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
If you need to re-bond the inlay then a bedding adhesive is required - such as Sikaflex-298, Simson MSR Deck Caulk or 3M 550 Adhesive Sealant.

For the seams, you can use a caulking designed specifically for teak deck seams such as:
- Sikaflex-290i DC
- TDS Teak Caulking SIS440
- Boatlife Teak Deck Sealant

Make sure that you mask well. The seam caulking products are designed to be sandable so that you can obtain a flush finish.

Rod MacLeod
Windswept
B361

On Jun 26, 2017, at 6:39 AM, Rick L <rick....@gmail.com> wrote:

The teak inlays on my lazerette seats are starting to come loose with water getting underneath them and making the separation worse.   The teak itself is still in good shape.  Does anyone know what type of glue and process is used to mount these inlays?

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Rick Lober

Jun 26, 2017, 3:22:01 PM6/26/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Rick Lober

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.