From: glensc...@googlegroups.com [mailto:glensc...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Casey/Seneca Saw Works
Sent:
Friday, April 25, 2008 10:12 AM
To: Glen SCCA Info Only; Glen Solo Group
Subject: {GlenSccaSolo} Rallycross on its way.

The Glen Region SCCA will be putting on their first SCCA style (one car at a time) Rallycross on May 31’st at Black Rock Speedway in Dundee, NY

http://blackrockspeedway.net/

If this event is successful, there is a very good chance that we will be doing an entire Rallycross program next year.

Some of you may know that CNYIRA put on a European style Rallycross there in March. For that we used everything but the track and the infield.

For the first Black Rock Speedway SCCA Rallycross  (BRSRC) we are going to use a combination of the track and the infield. This assures us of a silky smooth surface that any street car should feel comfortable on. Bret and Eric will be running my ice racer Yellow Snow, while I intend to either run my Mini or my Alfa now that I know what the surface will be like. I suspect this surface would possibly be smooth enough for karts, but I wouldn’t swear to that one.

For anyone who doesn’t actually know what a rallycross is, go to   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCCA_RallyCross

There will be a way to register in the Glen website   www.glenscca.og  in the near future, so keep checking for it.

I will be the event chair, so feel free to contact me if you have an questions or even suggestions.

Most likely the schedule will be about the same as our normal autocross schedule. Okay, our autocrosses aren’t exactly normal. Neither am I.

Casey

ca...@senecasaw.com

607-546-5887

回复全部