Cycle for office commute

Aravind M S

Jan 11, 2017, 1:38:34 AM1/11/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hello All,

One of my friends has just gotten into cycling and looking for a descent bike within 15,000/- for office commute. I know that we have Montra, RR, Mach City within this range.
Are there any other good brands in this range?

Best Regards,
Aravind.

GoGreenRao .

Jan 11, 2017, 1:48:39 AM1/11/17
to aravind...@gmail.com, Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Dear Aravind
Would suggest to increase his budget ie around 20K or so and buy a decent/good bike which he would be happy to cycle on regular basis without facing any maintenance issues..
Regards..Rao

--

---

Best Regards.. Rao
I am Going Green by Cycling.. How about u ?
(for more : www.GoGreenGoCycling.org)

Mayank Rungta

Jan 11, 2017, 3:53:28 AM1/11/17
to Aravind M S, Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
You can go for better stuff second hand -

http://www.bumsonthesaddle.com/marketplace
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CYCLOPBUYSELL/

A MTB fitted with slicks or tires that roll faster works better than hybrid in my opinion. A primer here -

http://mayankrungta.in/posts/getting-started-with-biking/

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Aravind M S <aravind...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

मयंक  रुंगटा
--

#MustWatch A Blade of Grass - an amazing talk by Anju Venkat

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jan 11, 2017, 5:29:24 AM1/11/17
to Aravind M S, Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
So will he look for ascent bikes on the way back ?

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Aravind M S <aravind...@gmail.com> wrote:

berkeleydb

Jan 11, 2017, 5:35:17 PM1/11/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
In approx increasing order or pricing (~rs12K - ~rs20K) -- Mach City Munich (all steel), Montra Helicon, Montra Trance, Firefox Rapide, Montra Blues.

Depending on commute distance / frequency, & whether there might be longer rides on weekends, it might be worth considering a bike in a bit higher price range.

-{db}.

berkeleydb

Jan 11, 2017, 6:10:19 PM1/11/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Btw, those are hybrids, with rigid forks. Montra Trance & Montra Blues have forks with shock absorbers too. There are some Montra Rock & UT Edge MTBs too in that price range, but for commutes, I'd suggest going with a hybrid with a rigid fork, in the sub-rs20k price range.

-{db}.

Aravind M S

Jan 11, 2017, 11:34:04 PM1/11/17
to dhawal, Bangalore Bikers Club
Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. Let me put it across to my friend. Let him decide.

On 12 Jan 2017 4:40 a.m., "berkeleydb" <dha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Btw, those are hybrids, with rigid forks.  Montra Trance & Montra Blues have forks with shock absorbers too.  There are some Montra Rock & UT Edge MTBs too in that price range, but for commutes, I'd suggest going with a hybrid with a rigid fork, in the sub-rs20k price range.

-{db}.

Yateesh Kumar

Jan 12, 2017, 2:18:23 AM1/12/17
to Aravind M S, dhawal, Bangalore Bikers Club
He could consider a my bike 7speed or a Mach city 7s both ~10k strictly thinking  commutes only

santosh kumar

Jan 12, 2017, 9:07:49 AM1/12/17
to Yateesh Kumar, berkeleydb, BBC, Aravind M S
"He could consider a my bike 7speed or a Mach city 7s both ~10k strictly thinking  commutes only"

A couple of weeks ago, two of my friends rode a long distance with me on a 'my bike 7s' one to Madikeri and the other to Ooty.

Cheers
Santosh

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jan 13, 2017, 12:35:20 AM1/13/17
to santosh kumar, Yateesh Kumar, berkeleydb, BBC, Aravind M S
Did you climb up via Kalahatty? On a single speed?

anil s kadsur

Jan 13, 2017, 12:39:15 AM1/13/17
to Chidambaran Subramanian, berkeleydb, Santosh Kumar, Yateesh Kumar, BBC, Aravind M S
7s is not a SS

On 13 Jan 2017 11:05 am, "Chidambaran Subramanian" <chi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (chi...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Did you climb up via Kalahatty? On a single speed?

santosh kumar

Jan 13, 2017, 1:08:41 AM1/13/17
to Anil Kadsur, berkeleydb, Yateesh Kumar, BBC, Chidambaran Subramanian, Aravind M S
Not me, a friend of mine. Kalahatty, he did partially. I did it (partially as well) on a road bike.