need Muck guard which solves purpose rather than Look - reg

Senthil

Aug 27, 2016, 8:48:45 AM8/27/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Senthil Kumar.M

Hi,

Anyone can suggest me for the muck guard which solves the purpose rather than beautiful. I felt very much irritated by this muck guard which sprays the mud top (head) to bottom. whenever rains during cycling , we have to wash bag, rain coat everything. this muck guards is of no use at all. Without solving the purpose what's there to manufacture this muck guard. its seems useless one.

can anyone suggest the muck guard for hybrid which solves the purpose....

I tried customizing the muck guard which i brought which solves some what but its not durable.

"with regards"

Senthil Kumar

IMG_20160731_174904-min.jpg
IMG_20160731_174921-min.jpg
IMG_20160731_175133-min.jpg
IMG_20160731_175219-min.jpg

Jayaprakash E

Aug 27, 2016, 10:09:53 AM8/27/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Full mudguards keep pants,shoes/backpack clean. I got SKS fenders from happyearth a year ago for my rockrider and very happy with it though it is expensive.

berkeleydb

Aug 27, 2016, 6:50:26 PM8/27/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I use SKS full fenders. They are fairly wide too. Give good protection.

My friend recently bought Zefal full fenders from RR Cycles Madivala. Theae are slightly narrower than my SKS ones, but I think they should be good for hybrids like your Cannondale Quick bike. (The mounting supports of the Zefal also seem better to me than the SKS ones.)

-{db}.

Johnny Jacob

Aug 27, 2016, 10:32:12 PM8/27/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club

I'm using SKS fenders. Helps a lot during rains. Only problem with them for me is that the bolts keep falling off and needs to be tightened regularly.

Thanks.
//Johnny

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Ali Poonawala

Aug 28, 2016, 1:38:58 PM8/28/16
to Johnny Jacob, Sharath Chandar, berkeleydb

Hi johnny
How about using a bit of fevicol on the nut before you tighten it ?

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala
Ali

biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Senthil

Aug 29, 2016, 2:00:22 AM8/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Johnny Jacob, berkeleydb, jaya...@gmail.com, Ali Poonawala
Hi

Thanks friends for suggestion. so I will go for SKS fenders / Zefal full fender.

hi jacob,

for the below problem

// Only problem with them for me is that the bolts keep falling off and needs to be tightened regularly. //

For this issue, My father suggests me to use "Check Nuts" . Since my father is a machanic and he used  to do it in tractors and other machinaries )  try this ... :)  ... Check nuts are nothing but tighten it with one more nut .. ie tighten the bolt with two nuts . Try this once

 :)

With regards

Senthil

Johnny Jacob

Shankar Shastry

Senthil

Aug 29, 2016, 4:38:52 AM8/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi,

i need SKS fenders / Zefal full fender prices.

"with regards"
senthil

Blackmamba

Aug 29, 2016, 5:09:38 AM8/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Vinay Rao

Aug 29, 2016, 5:42:15 AM8/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

I'm using SKS fenders. Helps a lot during rains. Only problem with them for me is that the bolts keep falling off and needs to be tightened regularly.

Use a check nut/ double nut as Senthil already suggested, if you have the bolt thread length for it. Or use a thread lock adhesive.

--
Cheers
Vinay