Bicycle Repair Guide - Bicycle Tutor

Mayank Rungta

Sep 14, 2016, 4:16:21 AM9/14/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Prashanth Chengi

Sep 14, 2016, 4:17:36 AM9/14/16
to Mayank Rungta, Bangalore Bikers Club
Impressive!

/Prashanth

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Mayank Rungta <mr....@gmail.com> wrote:

http://bicycletutor.com/guide/

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Manjunath Varadaraj

Sep 19, 2016, 6:07:38 AM9/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Bangalor...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 1:46:21 PM UTC+5:30, Mayank Rungta wrote:

http://bicycletutor.com/guide/

Could my friends here recommend me good budget bicycle repair shop around kammanahalli for firefox cycles.
The showroom near commercial street, Jayanth bicyles charges very high for servicing.

Thanks
manjunath

Opendro

Sep 19, 2016, 6:34:41 AM9/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Can we help you repair yourself if you don't mind? I think, anyone can repair a bike, except probably truing an un-round wheel.

Ali Poonawala

Sep 19, 2016, 1:06:37 PM9/19/16
to Opendro, Sharath Chandar

Open
I would love to help in organising and learning from such teaching sessions, especially with my Bangalore Bicycling School students as primary beneficiaries !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Deepak Majipatil

Sep 20, 2016, 6:12:43 AM9/20/16
to Mayank Rungta, Bangalore Bikers Club
good one Mayank.

hope you remmeber that those days we used to see http://www.sheldonbrown.com/

Mayank Rungta

Sep 20, 2016, 2:26:25 PM9/20/16
to Deepak Majipatil, Bangalore Bikers Club
I think Sheldon Brown is still a good place to go to :)

I remember trying to understand the various kinds of tires long time back there, still can't figure it :D

#MustWatch A Blade of Grass - an amazing talk by Anju Venkat from

Ali Poonawala

Sep 20, 2016, 10:43:19 PM9/20/16
to Mayank Rungta, Deepak Majipatil, Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Friends
Important difference,
Sheldon's material is free, including videos
This guy is charging 5 Us $ per month for videos !

Problem with Sheldon Brown's material is, it is verbose and not easy if you are short of time, he is like Gray's Anatomy Text book which we had as medical student, You will have to read one para ten times , one word at a time,  and understand. However, come back to it again later, and you are back to square one!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

berkeleydb

Oct 10, 2016, 2:52:16 PM10/10/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
So they made the tv series, Grey's Anatomy? :)

While quick help docs/vids are valuable, writing style aside, verbose docs with details (that one may need to read a few times to really grasp), really show how involved a topic is, & how much effort the author has put in to write it up.

-{db}.