Suggestions for a new cycle.

Aditya Kamat

Dec 8, 2017, 5:16:27 AM12/8/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hey!

I was reading a few answers on Quora about cycling in Bangalore and came across a link to this group. Glad to be a part of this community.
I am an undergrad student in my final year and planning on cycling every day for about 30-45 minutes. I needed a bit of help choosing the right one for me.

Here are a few details which might be important:
Budget: Max 15-16k INR
Height: 6'
Weight: ~75Kg
Looking for a geared cycle. I used to cycle 2 Kms to school, so I don't think it should be a problem now.
Btwin rockrider 340 looks like its perfect for me, but I need to go and try it out myself. Looking for other suggestions too.

Also, what are some of the important accessories required?
Looking for some good suggestions.

Thanks and regards
Aditya Kamat

Amar

Dec 21, 2017, 2:48:11 AM12/21/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Pick up a Hybrid cycle for city commute and MTB for offroad

Montra should fit in 15K budget

Get as  many accesories as you may need

Opendro

Dec 21, 2017, 4:04:04 AM12/21/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
It is high time we build new bike reviews by experts like the new car official reviews by team-bhp community. Until such a time, you will have to rely on your own judgement based on people's suggestions. We don't even have a one place to look at all the specs of bikes, leave alone reviews.

berkeleydb

Dec 26, 2017, 4:41:12 PM12/26/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Montra should have some MTBs at the ~Rs15K price. Plus there is Montra Trance hybrid (and Montra Blues, close to Rs20K). Montra Helicon (hybrid) seems to be a real good bike at ~Rs16K, IIRC; though personally, the current model with disc brakes is something I feel a bit odd about. I would personally prefer staying away from disc brakes for bikes upto ~Rs25K.

There is also the Firefox Rapide (hybrid) at ~Rs15K.

Open -- Individual bike reviews aside, we need a newbie bike buying guide, IMO. Mayank had written one; I had started writing one a while back; let me try to finish that.

-{db}.

Aditya Kamat

Dec 27, 2017, 1:05:40 AM12/27/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
[UPDATE]
Thanks for your suggestions folks. I went ahead and bought rockrider 340 and have been riding it for a week now. Really satisfied with it.

berkeleydb

Dec 27, 2017, 3:29:43 PM12/27/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Cool... happy & safe cycling.