Triban 300 or Montra Celtic 2.1

Girish V

Dec 5, 2016, 8:54:34 AM12/5/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Hi,

Need your help in deciding my new bike. Just found that triban 300 is available at decathlon for little less than 25k, while the final price of Montra Celtic 2.1 is around 27.5k.

Can you please suggest me which among the two is best vfm.
This will be my first road bike and most probably the last one too, so in dilemma.

2. There is a (almost un used) used trance pro having a good deal, but small in size. I'm just short of 5.6 a and not sure whether this size suits me? If I can't decide on the road bike, this will be my next option to replace my ageing act 110+.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Girish

vivek

Dec 6, 2016, 7:45:30 AM12/6/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
The Triban 300 that is available for 25K is of size 51. It will suit people of height upto 5'4". So make sure if it is suitable to you. If it is then I would say it is a steal. Decathlon products are VFM and carry a life long warranty.

Regards,
Vivek

itisravi

Dec 6, 2016, 9:44:08 AM12/6/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Size 51 is ideal for 5'6". The geometry is similar to triban 500: http://blog.decathlon.co.uk/guides/guides-cycling/btwin-road-bike-size-guide
Agree with Vivek that their products are VFM. Makes sense to get it especially if you have a store in your city. Whatever bike you buy, don't order online without trying it out in person.

Hope this helps,
Ravi

Ashok Kumar S

Dec 6, 2016, 12:19:17 PM12/6/16
to itisravi, Bangalore Bikers Club
Size 51 may not be coming with standard wheels. Smaller one it could be, and 700 tyres may not fit.

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone
--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

berkeleydb

Dec 6, 2016, 4:07:48 PM12/6/16