Etawah-Agra bicycle highway (India's first?) ...

berkeleydb

Nov 29, 2016, 9:03:43 AM11/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
A friend pointed me to this today. I was_not aware of this. Wondering if others here were.

--- --- ---
The route of this bicycle highway passes via ravines of Chambal from within the rolling terrain criss-crossing about 90 villages over 200kms, and connecting Etawah with Agra.

http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/more-sports/cycling/Riding-Indias-first-cycling-highway-A-first-hand-account/articleshow/55683861.cms
--- --- ---

Maybe this was discussed on BikeZone?

-{db}.

Rohan Kini

Nov 30, 2016, 6:39:15 AM11/30/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Nope!

Quite an amazing project! Read it online somewhere. Wonder why not much has been spoken about this.

- Rohan

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Opendro

Nov 30, 2016, 6:57:47 AM11/30/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
It is an old news. I'm surprised that no one had shared it here before.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Nov 30, 2016, 8:08:57 AM11/30/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Except the UP one has been constructed already , and inaugurated.

berkeleydb

Nov 30, 2016, 7:29:33 PM11/30/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Some comments in this FB post, seem to indicate there are trees, electric poles etc. on the middle of the bicycle highway --
https://m.facebook.com/logical.indian/photos/a.430765593719832.1073741828.426895610773497/1076689059127479/?type=3

Hope it's been built properly, & it's not just hype.

Great to hear about the BLR-Mysore plan... wow, that would be awesome. Will it materialise before 2020? :) One of the govt oficials had announced few years back about a cycle track to Nandi Hills. Any idea about that?

-{db}.

santosh kumar

Dec 3, 2016, 1:42:10 AM12/3/16
to Opendro, BBC
Is the Bangalore, Mysore track functional? Has anyone tried it? Maps/directions please...

Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

Dec 3, 2016, 1:51:03 AM12/3/16
to santosh kumar, Opendro, BBC

Ali Poonawala

Dec 3, 2016, 2:18:18 AM12/3/16
to Basanta Kr. Bhattarai, santosh kumar, Sharath Chandar, Opendro

Hi friends
This just is classical example of cart before the horse..

There are just not enough cyclists around to use such facilities and  others have more compelling reasons to subvert the plot to their advantage.
Might is right.

Pedestrians and cyclists

lost the race, and the road,
to motorised vehicles,...

period.

@ santosh kumar..

Is the Bangalore, Mysore track functional? Has anyone tried it? Maps/directions please...

Like  your enthusiasm !!
Do look up the link..
These are pipe dreams..😢😊

Warm regards

Ali Poonawala

On 3 Dec 2016 12:21, "Basanta Kr. Bhattarai" <basan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While on the subject...It has already been encroached.
>
> http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/akhilesh-yadav-uttar-pradesh-cycles-asia-longest-cycle-highway-disappearing-encroachments/1/822561.html
>

> basant.
>
> On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 12:12 PM, santosh kumar <santosh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is the Bangalore, Mysore track functional? Has anyone tried it? Maps/directions please...
>>
>> On 30 Nov 2016 5:27 p.m., "Opendro" <ope...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It is an old news. I'm surprised that no one had shared it here before.
>>>
>>> There is one for Blr-Mysore too : http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/karnataka/2014/oct/12/Government-Plans-Cycle-Track-from-Mysore-to-Bangalore-670665.html

>>> --
>>> biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>>>
>>> are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
>>> Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
>>> ---

>> --
>> biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>>
>> are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
>> Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
>> ---

> --
> Basanta K. Bhattarai
>

> --
> biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>
> are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
> Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
> ---

O p e n d r o

Dec 3, 2016, 8:11:23 PM12/3/16
to Ali Poonawala, santosh kumar, Sharath Chandar, Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

That is bad side of any democracy. Majority decides what everyone, including minority, should get. Majority don't want cycle and hence decided that cycle should not exist.

Democracy leads to good only in a matured society. Autocracy leads to good only if the individual is good. Overall and long term happiness is not linked to either of it. But progress is.

>> --
>> biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>>
>> are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
>> Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
>> ---

> --
> Basanta K. Bhattarai
>
> --
> biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>
> are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
> Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
> ---

Chidambaran Subramanian

Dec 4, 2016, 12:37:22 AM12/4/16
to santosh kumar, Opendro, BBC
Its not functional, its fictional.

berkeleydb

Dec 4, 2016, 5:30:55 PM12/4/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Sad... hope the govenment is sincere about this initiative, and takes some measures to counter and prevent encroachment.

-{db}.