Shimano Hollowtech II Bottom Bracket replacement

Sunil Raghavan

Aug 19, 2017, 8:30:15 AM8/19/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Folks,

My road bike appears to need a new bottom bracket - the old one is making clicking sounds and no longer rotates smoothly. Shimano Hollowtech II is the spec. Is this something I can get locally? Are there additional specs I need to get the right part? This is not something I understand well, so any inputs will be welcome.

Thanks,
Sunil

berkeleydb

Aug 20, 2017, 7:20:12 PM8/20/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
What is the bike brand / model? You can have a bike shop check & confirm the BB specs. Then you can decide where to order it from (or get it from the bike shop itself).

-{db}.

berkeleydb

Aug 20, 2017, 7:27:05 PM8/20/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
From a quick search on the net, couple of model #s seem to come up. So might need the bike brand/model/year.

Best option should be to have some bike mechanic/shop check it & confirm. Unless you can see some model # on it from the outside.

-{db}.