Re: Teaching adults how to cycle

Ali Poonawala

May 28, 2017, 8:10:57 AM5/28/17
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hi friends...!!
After some hectic week ends..We are in a cruise...no..almost holiday mode ! like regular schools !!.. Especially with beautiful weather today... one can understand..!!

JP Nagar
Chiddu helped not only with his bike and later continuing to teach, but brought the only student, to the venue too ! Nishad was a newbie..Never having handled a bicycle..Learnt basics and when I left, he could balance a little..Chiddu can say more !

Cubbon Park:
Vimal kumar and Ganesh had two new students, Nandini and Richa. Anandita, Padma and Kahani were the seniors. I am adding Ganesh and Vimal's messages about how it all went, with photos too..
Ganesh :
That's Richa, she took off on the bike like fish in water on her first ride (she's a regular motorized 2 wheeler rider who is passionate about switching to cycling as her daily commute to work)...wish more take such decisions and work on it👍🏼
Ishani had significant improvement today and she can start on her own... Still needs some help with staying on the bike in steady state

Anindita has graduated out with her solo 8 turns...good show

Very regular Padma madam showed up and getting more comfortable with her turns trying 8s putting in extra hours... perseverance👍🏼

Hope we all keep enjoying our tryst with cycles !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 27 May 2017 19:57, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends

Just think of the glorious  morning this torrential rains are going to bring forth tomorrow !!

Welcome to bicycling !!

Two centres only,  as Amar' position we are unable to fill up..😪

1.Cubbon Park
Location:
Time:
 7.30 am -9.30 am
Trainers:
Vimal Kumar
Ganesh
Satish

2. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase
Location :
Time:
7.00-8.30 am
Trainer:
Ali Poonawala
? Gaurav

You can register for  centre close to you, here :

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Ali Poonawala

On 26 May 2017 22:45, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
We seem to be running into a bad patch... Amar has had a fracture so won't be able to do Marathalli session and Gaurav is not available for JP Nagar. Normally I would have chipped in but due to Ramadan, will only be able to do one session..At Cubbon Park..
So we need volunteers urgently for both, Marathalli and JP Nagar...
Help !!🙏
Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

On 21 May 2017 18:54, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends...
On a lovely rain soaked cloud covered sunday morning, The TCS 10K run ensured our teaching remained in both peripheral centres. Brief reports :

Marathalli:
Amar marshalled his foldie for three students, Aashish, now turning so well that even the dog was confident he is safe...,  Anandita from Cubbon Park joined, this  attracting local bunch of kids too ! She  reporting better control and pace too . Deepa has got the hang of balance and turning and looking forward to polishing it further next week end.

JP Nagar:
Vijaya and Iftikhar were local here and Dr. Nalini  and Dr. Fatima from Cubbon Park batch joined. Volunteers Gaurav, Ganesh and Ali and two ladybirds and a foldie to ride, ensured a super ratio almost 1:1:1 !!
Must say though that  the traffic and pedestrian throughput made the experience less than wholesome. Too busy for more than couple of students, in my opinion.

Vijaya needs to trust her hands rather than body for balancing. Dr. Nalini graduated to ladybird without betting the proverbial eyelid. Iftikhar too lurches but handle bar control, starting and stopping are good. Turning is also Improving. Dr. Fatima, seasoned and senior student, but got lost in the new surrounding and Gaurav rescued her out !

Short and sweet session..!

Hope to get back to home turf, Cubbon Park,  next weekend !

Till then,
Ride safe !!

Ali Poonawala

On 20 May 2017 19:20, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends

Tomorrow There is no session at Cubbon Park due to TCS 10 K.

Other two centres are going to be working:

1. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Time : 7.30-8.30 AM
Trainer: Amar Prusty
               Sachin Biradar

2. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Time         7 -9 AM
Trainer :   Ganesh
                  Gaurav

You can register for a centre close to you, here :

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Do join us or even drop in to say hi!!
Have a great Sunday !

Ali Poonawala
Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

On 14 May 2017 14:50, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks !!
As we and parched land await Monsoon with lot of anticipation, this weekend, the wait was over for four newbies in our part of Bengaluru, as far as cycling  goes !!
Here is a summary :
1. JP Nagar
It was enthusiastically manned by Gaurav with sessions on Saturday and Sunday !!
Mithali, a newbie, got the feel of it on Saturday and our senior students, Vijaya and Iftikhar did advanced work up of turns and controlled riding, today morning.
Respects Gaurav !!
Really commendable, since he was not feeling too well ..

2. Karthik Nagar Marathalli.
Amar is experimenting..  his teaching skills with HR management to bring fresh blend..!!
Beneficiaries (some may say guinea pigs...But that is .. Perspective !! ) here were Deepa as a student and Maya as a hesitant but determined newbie teacher..

Maya wrote :
Marathahalli group : After a hiatus of  a few weeks and just 2 classes  old, and what with Amar's plan of 'train the trainers' , I was under a bit of performance pressure. But the easy camaraderie of the group and with Amar's making it look so doable , I could do uphills with moderate effort. Learnt that the slope is not as gentle as it looks. Attempted turns too, perfecting that is the next lesson.
 Maya
Well done !Brave girl

Deepa chimed :

Super excited that I got the got the balance and rode a bit on my own. Never thought I would be able to do this. All made possible because of Maya's pearls of wisdom and reassurance,  Amar's constant encouragement. And, Ashish thanks for all those running around. I really tired you out😬

Super joint team effort here !!
well done Marathalli team !

Cubbon Park :
Three newbies ( Bindu, Madhvi and little Adam) and eight seniors ( Dr. Nalini, Geetha, Indu1, Aafreen, Farooq, Anandita, Udita, Suhasini with four teachers ( Rajeshwari, Ganesh, Vimal Kumar, Ali ) made it a well balanced session !!
Susheila greeted us, on her way out !!  This early bird, with Hubby Anand's support, had done with couple of hours cycling !! She gave her rental bike to Geetha, great move !!
Geetha had our first newbie, Bindu, introduced while she took the ladybird
Madhavi, also joined in as I went through steps with Bindu. Rajeshwari took over Bindu's initiation Vimal kumar, Madhvi's.
Afreen and Farooq with Dad Rafi have almost become a support system..!! We have access to two rental bikes through them..Thanks Rafi.. do keep coming after kids have learnt..! You have an emeritus status with us !!
Vimal was kind in letting Farooq use his hybrid which he latched on !!
Somehow,  today I just kept making seniors go round and round, literally !! Geetha was most impressive, Udita most breath taking, literally, doing dare devil stunt moves, causing commotion for my clogging coroneries !!
Anandita blossoms after we leave .. self reportedly did a 'fast' round of cubbon park on her own..'with helmet' is the glib alibi  !
Indu1 is now independent from balancing perspective. Subhashini is using this as cardio work up !
Adam was the little newbie on a big bike and surprised me with determination and strength these tiny powerhouses can generate !!
Fear does not exist and trust is implicit . . No wonder they learn so quickly !!
Today's celebration cool juices were courtesy Geetha and hubby, Mr. Varrier, a million thanks for that energy boost !
Fatima passed around few chocolates to mark our children's birthday as we dispersed..

Happy Mothers' day to all of us !
In memory for some, if she is blessing you from heaven

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

On 13 May 2017 15:42, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends

Tomorrow all three centres are conducting sessions :

1.Cubbon Park
Venue : KSLTCA car park
Time : 7.30 -10.00 AM
Trainers : Vimal kumar, Ganesh, (?Gaurav*) and Ali

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Time : 7.30-9 AM
Trainer: Amar Prusty

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Time 6-7 AM
Trainer : Gaurav
                ? Chiddu

You can register for a centre close to you, here :

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Do join us or even drop in to say hi!!
Have a great Sunday !

Ali Poonawala

* Since he has not officially  filled roster yet
However, remembering the regret expressed last week "on missing a good session" by him, we pray better sense prevails !😋

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

On 7 May 2017 17:03, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends...!
  Murdering May !!🌞🌞
 Sizzling sessions !🎇🎇

All three sessions operated...

JP Nagar :

Gaurav had swift learner Iftikhar. In Gaurav's words, " taken some magic pill to transform from last week's wobbler to a consummate pro.!!"
Well done both of you ..!😀
Other student Vijaya, despite 3 weeks' gap, was comfortable with balance downslope,  and Chiddu's chirping have registering loud and clear ! In her words:

 " Chiddu's constant reminder, to keep pedalling n not stop helped. Also his mantra, break to stop n then feet on ground was helpful👍. "

Great show folks !!💐

Marathalli :

Amar had Jimmy, Aashish from previous batches and Deepa was the freshie..
So like Sholey' Gabbar's thunder,
Our Amar's wonder :
बहोत नाइंसाफी है यह..
एक jolly और तीन students !!
Smart that he is, this, in his words... was his solution :

"
Thanks to Jimmy for training Ashish & Deepa👍🏾
"
Brilliant !!😘

Amar 😎was spotted in CCD window☕,   by unreliable witnesses.😂

Deepa's comment was " what joy !! my first class.. Thanks Amar "☺

So..All 's well that ends well..😇

Cubbon Park :

Exact repeat scene of last week,
‌Rafi was coaching Afreen as I came in from art gallery entrance,  couple of minutes ahead,  Ganesh arrived too.

Dr. Nalini, determined as hell despite last week's little fall, started cautiously but was soon taking foldie through its paces.. under Ganesh's wings.

Young Ishani came with dad Priyanjan.. apart from usual lurching, she has to overcome reverse pedalling and legs flying and will get there !!

Padma,  Anandita, Suhasini Farooq and Afreen are in the ' polishing' stage with control by practice is the solution.
Little Rohit had too little time, grandpa badgering him to leave..

After being ignited by Iftikhar's meteoric performance, Gaurav forgot he had planned to reach here and stay late till 10 !!

We felt his absence when Seema trooped in..Late due to parking woes !!

But we found our silver lining sure enough !!

Rajeshwari came forth and the rookie teacher  (our first official lady teacher and hence first teaching couple !! Wow ! ) managed a rookie student so well that conquering even upslope was no bother for Seema..!

Ganesh wants to learn the teaching tricks now from his pun proven better half !

Many camera phones clicked..But crucial one didn't capture..So a final rescue selfie completed the session for teachers..

Anandita was left to fend for herself..And seems did well with a rental one..!

Will see her mettle with circles next week end !!

My toast of the day ?
Rajeshwari..Our first lady teacher !!

Thanks to all lovely students, families and most, all volunteers !!
Keep pedalling !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 6 May 2017 20:46, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends

Tomorrow all three centres are conducting sessions :

1.Cubbon Park
Venue : KSLTCA car park
Time : 7.30 -10.00 AM
Trainers : Ganesh, Gaurav and Ali

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Time : 8-9 AM
Trainer: Amar Prusty

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Time 6-7 AM
Trainer : Gaurav
                ? Chiddu

You can register for a centre close to you, here :
Do join us or even drop in to say hi!!
Have a great Sunday !

Ali Poonawala

On 5 May 2017 19:02, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
So all people..!
Students and Trainers
Busy bees and not so..
Enthusiast and not so..
Time to fill up, spruced up version of the form.. 😜, and get counted !!
Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

On 30 Apr 2017 18:35, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends...
Rather subdued week end for our activities !!
Great weather and a long weekend may have something to do as well ?

No student for JP Nagar...

Marathalli foldie had chain problem so session had to be cancelled.
Aashish is having a rough patch...Last weekend apparently he had communication problem.. Hang in there Aashish...It will get better !

Cubbon Park had, as usual, nice energy with Aafreen meeting me on a rental, near entrance, with dad Rafi doing the running after.
My St. Martha's colleagues, Dr. Giridhar, Dr. Sunil and his son Sameer with Dr. Puneet dropped in to say hello, having finished a 10K charity run.. Thanks !!
Gaurav was with Dr Nalini on foldie and his ladybird -evita-, like a bride, was feeling left out ! Dr. Sandhya soon took the sulking bike for a twirl  in the park followed by Dr. Fatima, while Padma emerged !!

Such a nice surprise, and she took the senior ladybird for her practice work out..
I helped Aafreen, who is having starting trouble but not too bad when gets going... Bro Farooq was zooming around on another rental but was done in by a sandy patch..and had couple of abrasions..Patched up by Gaurav with Band Aid strips.. Thanks Gaurav..!
Lesson of the day :
Do not brake on sandy patches !!

Ganesh joined soon, had Nalini under his guidance
Two newbie ladies, Aruna and Babitha, who was actually being taught by a friend , were the only freshers today.. Babitha was a good rider but crashed not being good at brakes..Resumed immediately like a great soldier!
Suhasini came for a short while..Many, like her, face difficulty during upslope, quads being the weak point..

Lesson no. 2
Indian squats are recommended.

 Anandita came in, reclaimed her art gallery strip since watchman was missing !
Manya turned up after a long gap as Dr Nalini bid adieu after a great session. Manya also had a fruitful day.
Finally, Udita arrived, who is now concentrating on turns and finer control. Some photos for remembrance..And i moved on as Ganesh and Gaurav stayed with Aafreen, Anandita and Udita...

Till next week end .

Have a great time !!
Ali Poonawala

On 29 Apr 2017 19:18, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends..
After the beautiful rain drenched evening...
Rest assured of a beautiful sunday morning tomorrow .!!
 we have probably 3 centres

JP Nagar
Trainers : Gaurav
Time:.        6 -7 am
Venue : Dropped pin near 637, RBI Layout, RBI East Layout, Phase 7, JP Nagar, Bengaluru,

  ? Karthik Nagar, Marathalli
Trainer :. Amar Prusty
Time : 7-8 am

Finally,
Cubbon Park
Trainers :.  Ganesh
                   ?Gaurav
                   Ali

Time 7 30 -9.30 am
Venue:
Bangalore Bicycling School point
KSLTA car park

Do register here ; helps to plan !:

And see how things are shaping up here:

 join in...
For a lovely sunday morning !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 23 Apr 2017 21:05, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends..
Reporting on today !
 the JP Nagar session..
Iftikhar was the only student..Two teachers !! Ali and Gaurav.. He turns out to be a 'lurcher' (tilts spine, hand control yet not consistent !) we are in for at least 3-4 sessions for  this young man !!
Rushed to Cubbon Park and the whole place was teeming, almost bursting with energy !!
Hubby Anand helping Susheila, Farooq swinging around on his rental, and to cap it all Rajeshwari (Mrs.Ganesh) teaching our Dear family friend and Paediatrician, Nalini Shenoy on foldie !
As for teachers...We had Vimal kumar, Ganesh and Rajeshwari, Gaurav and a lovely surprise...Suman, from BBCh exec. council, the cycling racing community's dynamic hub, as a volunteer..that too  with  his wonderful foldie for students to use..!!
Padma, Indu1 and newbie Shikha were so gracious to let our Chennai "guest" Sujith have the first ride on the lady bird.. Appreciated !!
Sujith was ok with balance but found pedalling most difficult !!
Rohit and Aafreen were two first time youngsters and Suhasini was new learner too, for me, although had a session with Sachin in past.. good progress by all, Shikha was the most impressive..I think childhood training helping !
Doc Nalini ended her session with unsupported uphill ride..With nice round of applause !!
Anjali was doing circles nicely so was Anandita and Udita, who were last to leave, with Vimal helping them.. Last to turn up was Khushboo..In spite of being unwell..used Suman's Goldie to max and started circles..
‌I must say, there were 2-3 riders I did not even get their names !  As a matter of fact, 2-3 ladies, waiting to get on the buses to chikkaballapur for mango shopping, too refreshed their dormant skills !!
‌ Special thanks to the all the students for bearing with the mango shoppers and the infuriating buses...!!
‌till next week end..
‌Keep cycling wherever you can !
‌warm regards
‌Ali Poonawala

On 22 Apr 2017 17:25, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends..
Tomorrow we have 3 centres
JP Nagar
Trainers : Gaurav
                 Ali Poonawala
Time:.        5.45 -6.45 am
Venue : Dropped pin near 637, RBI Layout, RBI East Layout, Phase 7, JP Nagar, Bengaluru,

 Karthik Nagar, Marathalli
Trainer :. Amar Prusty
Time : 7-8 am

Finally,
Cubbon Park
Trainers :. Vimal kumar
                   Ganesh
                   Sachin
                   ?Gaurav
                   Ali

Time 7 30 -10.30 am
Venue:
Bangalore Bicycling School point
KSLTA car park

Do register here ; helps to plan !:

And see how things are shaping up here:

So folks..Do join in...
Keep cycling !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 16 Apr 2017 18:40, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends !!
We had two centres teaching:
Marathalli :
Amar had two students, Naaz had her second session and Ashish had his first.
This is what Naaz wrote :
"......I never ever have stepped my foot on a cycle.Today  I somehow managed to balance the cycle a bit and could ride all by myself at least  for half a second.Kudos to @Amar who relentlessly puts in his effort either by his motivating words that keeps me going...."
Well done, Amar and Naaz!

Cubbon Park:
Popular places are popular with many people  and today, our teaching area was just that...converted into a food court for some event !!
Been there before, so moved the session to a nice (? Nicer) spot near high court. Under a huge mango tree with lots of green ones ready to be eaten..If only you can pluck !

5 volunteers !! Ganesh, Vimalkumar, Sachin and Gaurav too, besides myself !
7 students, one new, Swati.
6 seniors, Padma, Geetha, Indu1, Susheela and Khushboo and Farooq.
Gaurav, partially employed, did tangential jugaad, using his helmet as slingshot for mangos..Oooh..Tangy !!
Padma is progressing beautifully, so is Geetha. Indu1 is also keeping up.. Farooq reminds me of Vineeth.. Powerhouses, not interested in controls ! He did well to curb his instincts and mastered circle ! Susheela is there, balance wise..As long as she doesn't know !! Tightens up and loses it in no time ! Khushboo mirrors her, except for the unique agile jump off on losing it..We tried capturing it !
Swati came and Swati did it !
All credit to Sachin..!
? Previous encounter with bicycle learning helped..
Khushboo's husband Harihant got us a selfie for remembrance....  to mark 5 volunteers !!

Till next weekend

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 15 Apr 2017 20:13, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks
We have two centres tomorrow,

 Karthik Nagar, Marathalli
Trainer :. Amar Prusty
Time : 7-8 am

And
Cubbon Park
Trainers :. Vimal kumar
                   Ganesh
                   Sachin
                   Ali
Time 7 30 -10.00 am
Venue:
Bangalore Bicycling School point
KSLTA car park

Do register here ; helps to plan !:

And see how things are shaping up here:

So folks..Do join in..!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 9 Apr 2017 15:11, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends..
Today's activities..
JP Nagar student Vijaya is progressing well..
Cubbon Park session was slightly delayed due to Ladybird's back tyre having a puncture ! Could not be used for training.
Sushila, new student was waiting with hubby Anand, a marathoner.
Foldie was already in service, Anjali being helped by hubby Santosh...
 Nalini and Farooq were self sufficient with  rental bikes and were riding..Farooq dangerously so!
Brakes were the culprit but control too was suspect.
Borrowed Sanjay's hero cycle to get Udita going.. hesitant as seat was wee bit high but she was game enough to give a try and conquer it !
Geetha, and Padma from previous batch and freshies Sushila and Pooja took turns for foldie
Sandhya and Indu2 joined semi trained club of Nalini and Farooq.
Sachin came in and gave me a breather as Opendro came in early, taught Pooja for some distance and  offered to patch up my wounded ladybird..I grabbed the offer !
Udita was pick of the day, closely followed by Anjali, from progress point if view.

Soon it was time for brakes session, which thanks to advance planning of Fatima, started with the much needed cool fruit drinks and yummy banana chips..One word..Perfect !
So was the session by Opendro, who very methodically showed V brake and Cantilever brakes emphasizing each minute detail,  which comes only with sheer experience..
How directly useful it will be may be a moot question but as Opendro put It, at least ability to idetify that pad is touching the tyre rim, will reduce the effort in riding after correction !!  Yes, we would like your honest opinions !!
BTW, Opendro strongly recommends BSA Mach for ladies with 6 gears as first purchase, about 8.5K, next is Montra..I forgot the line

My thanks to all students, families for taking part, special mention and thanks, to Ganapathi and his daughter..For coming to attend the session.!
Till next weekend,

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 8 Apr 2017 15:31, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends..
Welcome to a special combined session !
Amar and his Marathalli students have very graciously agreed to have joint  teaching session tomorrow at Cubbon Park,
 mainly to have more attendance for the follow-on special teaching by Opendro about   "brakes : DIY maintenance"
We hope to learn about the good upkeep of brakes,  to remain safe and keep maintenance expenses to minimum by Doing It Yourself !
Venue : KSLTA car parking area
.Cubbon Park
Session 1
Trainers :. Amar Prusty
                    Ali
                   sachin
Time 7 30-9.30 am
Session 2
Trainer : Thodum Singh Opendro
Time 9.30-10.15 am
Subject : Brakes: DIY maintenance.

Venue:
Bangalore Bicycling School point
KSLTA car park

Please please
..
register here !:

And see how things are shaping up here:

Hoping for a great turnout with current and past students and other cycling friends too, coming together !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 2 Apr 2017 18:34, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends
Reporting on this weekend's training  activities :
JP Nagar:
Yesterday, Vijaya was kind enough to share her joy :
"Thanks, Chiddu. Finally got my balance today. Feeling light, good. One leg on pedal😅😇"
Unquote.
Well done Vijaya and Chiddu..!! Keep updating of yours' and other students' progress too !

2. Marathalli
Maya who had a session couple of weeks ago at Cubbon Park, found Kartik Nagar nearer to attend and Amar helped her today..
Maya said:
Quote:
"An hour of cycling at Marathahalli . Well, almost , if you don't count my leaping off the cycle everyone someone or something came within 100 mtrs . Thanks , Amar."
Unquote.

The smile in the photo she has sent says it all how the session went..
Amar will update further if Shahnaz turned up !

3.Cubbon Park :

A nice cloudy start of the day..
And this lot is surely most punctual and sincere !! I was on the dot.
Within minutes, The whole bunch of anxiously smiling girls surrounded  me and my hapless ladybird..!
They all wanted foldie!
It came with Fatima and was immediately pressed into service.
Gaurav joined, after his airport trip, and we were in business !!
4 + ?2 New comers : Geetha, Nandini, Khushboo and Farooq, plus at least couple of them, I did not have time to acquaint with !!
7 seniors, Padma, Anjali, Sandhya, Indu1, Anindita, Udita and Dipti Raval came (Dipti with full family, son Manav with his Firefox) Manav and the bike were  exploited to the hilt by Anindita, inspite of glaring height disadvantage !)
Except some heart stopping jump offs by Khushboo..the progress  was good with all students, Sandhya and Dipti are fluent, Padma and Indu1 nearly there. Anindita finds slopes a challange, but OK on level ground.
Udita  Anjali and Farooq are still 'lurchers' and Udita has been kind enough to allow me to share the video, showing what I mean, with the group, "if it can help others."
Most gracious , young lady !
Session officially ended with group photo with Gaurav 's signature bike salute, minus Dipti and Anindita, who has made Venkatappa Art Gallery road her private 'adda'
However, teaching continued for a while , (ladybird had to be forcibly removed from a particular student's powergrip ! ) such was the enthu !!
Bless you all !
Keep enthusing

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala
PS :
Next week end,  sunday 9th, is special !!
Opendro is teaching cycling as well as decoding brakes (9.30-10.15 am) for us...join in !!
Money free..as usual..

On 1 Apr 2017 18:26, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends..

JP Nagar session took place today itself and may be another tomorrow..

This is 'under cover' operation...
Under Chiddu 's cover !

 we have two overt sessions :

1.Karthik Nagar, Marathalli
Trainer :. Amar Prusty
                 ? Garima
Time : 6.30-8.30 am

And

2.Cubbon Park

Trainers :. Gaurav
                    Ali
                   ?sachin

Time 7 30-9.30 am
Venue:
Bangalore Bicycling School point
KSLTA car park

Please please
..
register here !:
Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 26 Mar 2017 16:38, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends !

blessings galore !

There were four sessions this sunday morning in different parts of Bangalore!

apart from fifth one by Gaurav, already done on Saturday at JP Nagar, where Gul refurbished her skillset most impressively...

Today :

1.Marathalli Centre :

 Amar was blessed with Jimmy who in his second session itself is doing amazingly well.
Shahnaaz was other student, first timer, who also has done well.
Amar had help from new trainer, Garima, who we welcome as our first lady volunteer !
May her tribe grow !!
We will wait for the photos !

2. JP Nagar 7th Phase RBI layout

Gaurav helped Sambhavi, who has already become a cyclist, to hone her skill and control

3. JP Nagar, Mini forest :

Vijaya had further grounding by Chiddu, who is really juggling  his busy schedule  to find  time for his students !
Respects !

4. Cubbon Park

Three new students:
Udita Sandhya and Anjali.

Five senior students
Nalini, Indu (1) Indu (2), Dipti and Anandita

Three trainers: Ganesh, Ali and Sachin

Five cycles : Foldie, ladybird and an unlikely hero, from Sanjay, rental man ..(pun intended !), two rentals for Anandita and Dipti

Side show included Neha, who had a fall.. and Babloo, cause of the fall !

Sandhya was the most promising new comer..but had learnt in childhood so can't take credit... she nor we !

Udita was good, so was Anjali, (Santosh, hubby, in tow.) Both need couple of more sessions good going for rank new comers !👍

Anandita 'discovered' and monopolized a stretch in Venkatappa art Gallery and is happily self coaching and cutely threatening too: " Bangalore motorists are in danger now " !!😢

Indu(1) came early, much more self assured and can ride good distance, but work in progress..

 Indu (2) now able to give hand signals so getting ready for Bangalore frenzy in a robust manner.
 Dipti wants to mash (pedalling while standing- great skill if going upslope in single gear cycle also, fabulous cardio workout !!) but was short on time..

Another piece of news, a whatsapp  Marathalli chatter group is there now
 must hand it over.. Amar Prusty is an enthu !!👌

Fascinated by the positive energy !!
Get infected.. fill up the form !!

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 25 Mar 2017 18:05, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends..
This weekend teaching has gone ahead of my announcement !!
JP Nagar team taking off today itself !
Well done !
Tomorrow, JP Nagar is again having a session.
Trainers : ? Chiddu
                  Gaurav
Time:.        6.30-8.30 am
Venue : Dropped pin near 637, RBI Layout, RBI East Layout, Phase 7, JP Nagar, Bengaluru,

 Karthik Nagar, Marathalli
Trainer :. Amar Prusty
Time : 7-9 am

Finally,
Cubbon Park
Trainers :. Ganesh
                   Sachin
                   Ali
Time 7 30 -10.00 am
Venue:
Bangalore Bicycling School point
KSLTA car park

We now have a more organised structure, thanks to Ganesh.. !

One can register here:
And see how things are shaping up here:

So folks..Do join in...

Saddle time !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 20 Mar 2017 07:09, "Chidambaran Subramanian" <chi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Find a learner , we need to find a decent spot to teach. Will be happy to come once to show what we do there.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Deepak Majipatil <deepakm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Very nice Ali Sir. you and chiddu are doing an awesome job. I want to replicate one in north Bangalore
around yelahanka / vidyaranyapura region and see how it works. I need yours and chiddu's presence there for sometime.

Hope to meet you both soon.
Thanks,
Deepak

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Ali Poonawala <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends !
A historic first, we had teaching sessions in three centres !!
As you know, Chiddu is now regularly conducting at JP Nagar, assisted by Gaurav at 6.00 am onwards. Vijaya came for her second session and is on the right track, pun intended !
Amar Prusty conducted inaugural session at Karthik Nagar Park Marathalli, Jimmy has been waiting almost for a year for this day !!
This is how Amar describes Jimmy's progress :
Quote:
"Jimmy already picked up balance and riding like a cat both down road & up road needs more practice,next time he shall  start riding in service road traffic 😊
"
Unquote
I hope he is not rushing his prime student !!
Coming to Cubbon Park session, 7.30 start is nice,
Padma was waiting and she got on ladybird with a bit of trepidation due to saddle height but like a true soldier, figured it out in no time
 This is where we had a little altercation with the badminton players, who were very vociferous in admonishing yours truly, for being overbearing while asking them to take their games elsewhere.
Apologies all around, no offence meant, strictly professional requirement...!
Fatima had got the foldie,  Ganesh was waiting too, helped her and started cracking on with Anandita,
Two new students, Nalini, from HSR layout.. and Sulagna, a self starter, who had her rental bike, already could balance but control was issue and will get there soon..
Nalini was full of energy swishing around, not letting her prioritize !!
Wants to learn quickly, but too much misfiring happening at the moment 😢. Calm down young lady !!
Meera with Raj and 'chulbul' Niyati came and  does wonderfully well, till she realises I am not holding !!
Panicks ! Bless her, will overcome in no time, fundas are good !!
Dipti with Amanyu and Sajith came and largely fended for herself.. perhaps Ganesh was looking after her ? Anandita is coming to terms with handlebar but has fair distance to cover. Dipti 2 with Madan came and has become a confident rider, so was Smita, and Indu2,  who is doing beautiful tight turns..
Most these ladies next time will need hand signal training.
Lastly Bhanvi  (Down's) came with Prema and extracted all coaxing into learning to lift on to pedal !
From the past, Yashwant and mom Chandrakala, Babloo and Neha came, Singh also did a few rounds
We finished with home baked cookies from Dipthy, celebrating Amanyu's birthday, with all last standing students and families, and finally..cool drinks to sign off !
Till next week

Warm Regards
Ali Poonawala

On 18 Mar 2017 20:58, "A S" <anm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all
It is so encouraging to get a positivre response from so many of you. Right now I asm in Bengalore. Will get in touch soon as I land there next time.
AS

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Ali Poonawala <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi friends !

So another week end beckons all those who are part of the team, learning and teaching cycling !!

We continue with the  changed  timings,
Venue remains same !

Venue:

Cubbon Park KLSTA car parking area.
Timings: 7.30 -9.30 am  Sunday 19th march 2017

Volunteers :
Ganesh
Ali Poonawala
Satish Biradar

Spread the joy 😀

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

PS :JP Nagar and Marathalli timings will follow once confirmed.

On 12 Mar 2017 19:19, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends.
Another really enjoyable session in our beautiful Cubbon Park !!

Padma was waiting and started like rollicking Sehwag on a flat pitch ! on ladybird..good control and managed upslope too, but felt tired, understandable !
Ganesh brought the foldie in his Santro again, and took over Anandita's training..
A little later, as promised, Sachin came in, and we had a rare luxury, trio of teachers !!

4 new students, Dipti,  Anandita, Sajitha and  Indu2 (remember last week's new student by same name ? That Indu, Indu1, came in too! )
Dipti had learnt in childhood so only finer controls need refinement..
( ?Trilok ) Singh,  came to learn turns , so did Latha, who had a crappy pedalled rental bike but as usual, large grin on face as greeting !! . Vijayalakshmi, for mashing and son Vinith, just for messing around, came too !
Neha and Babloo seen with dad Rajesh ( minus mom anita ) , spun a few, and went..
Anandita and Sajitha are..in my dictionary,  'non balancers', just like Indu1. They take longer to trust their grip on the handle bar to do the balancing, relying on the body lurch instead !
Indu2 is a balancer !! happily doing upslope too, like Dipti..
We had families galore too..! Nayan with Dipti, Jasikumar + daughter  with Sajitha and Jayesh, Latha's other half was in background... Sujith, Indu2's son took photos including selfie !
Another memorable day spent with lovely pedal people !!
Till next weekend !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 11 Mar 2017 22:47, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Regret typos,
Sachin Biradar...
not Sathish !
Apologies tendered, accepted too !!

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

On 11 Mar 2017 20:41, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends !

Tomorrow is traditional festival of holi and official beginning of summer..

We have changed our timings, preponing by half an hour.
Venue remains same !

Venue:

Cubbon Park KLSTA car parking area.
Timings: 7.30 -9.30 am  Sunday 12th march 2017

Volunteers :
Ganesh
Ali Poonawala
? Gaurav
? Satish Biradar

Spread the joy 😀

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 5 Mar 2017 18:27, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends
Ever reliable Ganesh was there at 7.30 sharp and took foldie in his Santro
A minor shock as tried to enter Cubbon Park from Hudson circle side and instead of usual barricade for vehicles, a traffic signal had sprung up  ! and healthy joggers and walkers were replaced by unending stream of motorised demons,  pouring out like flames from a dragon's mouth !!
Diversion due to Nrupthanga road work..😢
Fortunately, chaos lasted only just till central library from where on peace was restored and by the time I reached our BBS point, bandstand's classical music and Police band later on, soothed jagged nerves in no time !
Just as well, a bevvy of girls were waiting, direct fall out of last week's TOI article !
Padma, Sumati, Indu, Smita  and Maya were already there and I plunged into my role, 7 new and 7 current students had Ganesh and me up and about !
Sumati got the ball rolling and so well !! Kept it downslope only to start with.  Maya followed, again just as if belonged right there !! Dad Vinodh, with Little Sanjana, was there too, and as soon as Ganesh got the foldie, She was inducted.
Padma was good and Smita had learnt in childhood so strictly not a fresh student, but needed booster !
Indu had a great first ride and then seized up ! Gave Fatima's standing record (a year and half) and calmed her anxiety !
Vibha came and had couple of rounds, Ganesh will tell about her and little Shefa, who came last week for a round, both disappeared early. Deepthy, with Amanyu and Latha were on their own, with rented and foldie in between. Husbands kept an eye !!
Trio of Anita, Neha and Babloo came, did their bit in turning and went off.
Last to arrive was Mira, with daughter Niya to and hubby Raj. Padma treated all with fruit juice and though upset with her paying, I thank her for her generosity.
 Thanks to all the students, a brilliant batch, considering most have moved on to uphill cycling too, (not uphill start though )
 Finally most of all, thanks Ganesh, for not only volunteering but also ferrying the foldie.
I feel blessed !
See you all next week end !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala
Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

IMG_20170528_082239.jpg
IMG-20170528-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20170528-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20170528-WA0008.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jun 2, 2017, 10:13:38 AM6/2/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

Ali Poonawala

Jun 3, 2017, 12:33:01 PM6/3/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar

Hi friends
Week end is back !
So are we !!

Welcome to bicycling !!

Two centres only,  as Amar' position we are unable to fill up..😪 so no session at Marathalli 😫

1.Cubbon Park

 7.30 am -9.30 am

Trainers are :
Sachin
Gaurav
Ali

2. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.

6.30-7.30 am (or as per roster)

Trainer is
See you pedalling !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Jun 4, 2017, 11:18:42 AM6/4/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends
Today's report card :
Scorching mid summer sun in its full blaze ..☀☀Wanted to test the students and trainers ( fasting or otherwise !) resolve..
All passed with flying colours !!🌈
Well done !
Two centres conducted teaching :

JP Nagar :
Manjot tested Gaurav and his Ladybird (Evita)'s limits just by being himself, a mere 6 footer !!🕴🏻
Both survived, but just,  ladybird was then used as a resolve tester in Cubbon park session for advanced riders !!
Their side of the affair
Manjot :
Hi Sir.first of all I would like to say I feel a lot of gratitude for you people turning up so early on a Sunday morning to teach others  without expecting anything in return. Thank you again.
We started around 6 . Gaurav was very helpful and gave me the basics of balancing while descending the slope. It was enjoyable and I improved in the one hour we did it but at the same time I think I will need some time to get the hang of it. Also got some suggestions from the passersby 😬. Thank you again Gaurav, Ali sir and the entire team behind this. See you again next weekend.

Gaurav :
JP Nagar Report: JP Nagar training stretch was surprisingly clear today with just one car parked and almost no traffic.
Manjot was the only student apart from Reema, a morning jogger who wanted to reconfirm if she can still ride. Last ride before this for her was about 15 years back.
For Manjot, lady bird was a bit small but he managed balancing well. Towards the end of the session he was doing ~25m balancing. A few more sessions and he can be onroad.

Fun part today were the passerby, everyone had a tip or two for Manjot. Guess JP Nagar stretch (residents) has started to get warm for students. 😁

Thanks to both of you for being there and reporting 🙏

Cubbon park :

Sharp 7. 30 start, what with student (Dr. Nalini)  bringing the bike, the foldie ! When I reached at 7.35, the cubbon park was filled (again) with some run..Seemed less crowded..And more government based, ? Police dept. 🚔🚓�Lots of VIP cars parked and a bit of a bother for our session.
Neha and Babloo were first to come, She struggling with uphill start on ladybird ( mine, we will call her Jane, as in plain jane ! as against Gaurav's new ladybird with fancy name , Evita ! )
Nandini turned up, took foldie. Babloo and Neha exchanged bikes, Ishani, with dad Priyaranj and grandad  in tow, was my next student. Uphill start is the stumbling block here too.   Richa came fraction later, so did breathless Gaurav on brakeless Evita to test Richa 's control on partly controllable Evita. She did rather well, this plucky lady. Did good turns too. Better bike and she will cruise !
Sachin arrived, (making it a good teaching ratio,) started by looking after Ishani  and so did a passing by family, looking for rental bikes.
Before I said 'we do' , Aarti, mom of Shiv and his sister,  was our next and only new student, riding to her joyful surprise. She is a natural and Gaurav ( recharged with Fatima's sweets 🍖) followed up her further training, .
Soon it was time to call it a day and I thank the team for braving the Sun God's fury and making a good session.

Chin up and pedal down !

Warm regards

Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170604_092527.jpg
IMG_20170604_093609.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jun 11, 2017, 10:46:26 AM6/11/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends :
Just beautiful !!
Bangalore weather
spellbounds me.. till
Bengaluru traffic impounds me !!

JP Nagar :
Gaurav had Iftikhar and Vijaya to look after, both getting  into their stride better. We look forward to have Vijaya in Cubbon Park next weekend !

Cubbon Park:
We had a controlled and satisfying session at cubbon park today ! Ajay called, and finally located us !
Susheila with hubby Anand were the usual early birds, 'captured' her for the first time on camera, thanks to Zoe ! Again, she helped to keep  the rental bike rolling on to Vrinda, a newbie, all the way from Southern California !  She rode 2 wheeler in past, but not cycle, mandatory on campuses in most western world, like IISc here , like Richa and third  newbie was Priyanka, who had learnt biking as a kid.
So teaching was relatively easy ! In in fact literally a breeze, with our both teachers, Gaurav with his ailing ladybird and Sachin with broad grin, holding sway ! (Nourishment Courtesy Fatima, sweets again! and Gaurav was not complaining)
Ajay was the rookie but learnt balancing pretty quickly.. Priyanka was so good that was packed off to open roads by me and Vrinda learnt art if cycle handling nicely..
Aarati was second time rider, and impressed again with her control. Couple of sessions and should be roadworthy.
Ishani improved enormously after learning to glue mid foot to the pedal !
Richa is now good at turns and becoming better at slow speed balancing..Need to start daily rides on borrowed bike !
Suhasini came did couple of rounds (gets tired !) So did Indu2, but was such a confident rider, lent her bike to a student for a round and got impatient and scooted off. (we had better quality rental bikes today, Courtesy some cycle shop)
Last one to come was little Shifa, had a ride earlier sone months ago, with her own cycle, frankly a little too big for the young girl, but parents are probably looking ahead rather than The Now! Gaurav looked after her..
Finally, Richa had a septuagenarian passing advice of his driver of 60s as to how to ride, which she promptly boomeranged on him as he took on himself to ride, after 60 years ! (Fortunately downhill only, apparently had recent heart ailment, according to his minder 😢)
Till next beautiful session !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170611_075046.jpg
IMG_20170611_095608.jpg
IMG_20170611_095652.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jun 17, 2017, 7:33:42 AM6/17/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends...

Due to the confidence building 15 K mini ride for all our students who would like to start becoming regular road users and join Icycle's level 1 ride in near future, only cubbon park session will function tomorrow..

Apologies to those who would like to go to JP Nagar or marathalli...both not teaching tomorrow !

Mini ride will start at 6.30 am sharp. We gather at 6.20 am at our usual point.

We ride out onto Kasturba road, keep left at cubbon road, past GPO, cross signal, go past Raj Bhavan, and via Chalukya hotel to Golf club past Windsor Manor to Mekri circle and back same road till one way turn onto infantry road, past South Tindies turn at GPO signal onto Vidhan Soudha road and get into cubbon park via Gate 3 near High court.

Since I need to start the regular session by 7.30 am. If we are slow, I may speed off with request to Sachin to bring back riders safely 🙏
Cubbon Park
Regular session :
Same venue:
Time :7.30 -9.30 am
Trainers : Sachin Biradar
                  Gaurav
                  Ali

Cycle rental has moved to the plaza in front of Tennis club, other side of the fountain

Let us have fun !!
Warm regards

Ali Poonawala

Bangalore

Ali Poonawala

Jun 18, 2017, 8:47:56 AM6/18/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends
Reporting in the midst of the nation's fixation : cricket, champion trophy and indo pak  final !! Disappointment  certainty for one country.
But our day is certainly happier for both sides, teachers and students !
Super day weatherwise, cloud cover was good and cool gentle breeze was refreshing !
So was the experience of towing foldie while riding the ladybird.. all the way from JP Nagar to Cubbon Park ! Lucky it was sunday morning so thin traffic helped !
Anandita was waiting at cycle rental and Dhuruba gave us the bikes, Annapoorni and Sachin joined and we foursome moved out for the mini ride !
It became ultramini ride as we turned back at Windsor Manor roundabout, being short of time.. both ladies were struggling on upslopes and rides like this should build up stamina,  jogging, swimming or similar cardio work outs will help too
Juhi's distress message was missed completely but most likely she was assured by Indu1 !
Sharif too was there and Our work began ! Cycles were seized from Ani and Anu for both the newbies and Indu, Sachin helping the senior students.
The 'newbies' must have had some previous cycling experience or both are wonderfully gifted because both Juhi and Sharif looked like veterans on the saddle! Balancing right away and turning as well..Great going !!
Vijaya came from J P Nagar and  had improvement in handle control during upslope starts. I admire her  determined mind !!
Indu2 came for a short period and needs to join mini rides, so do Neha and Babloo who came to enquire if there is a race !
Padma came too and though had a minor fall, is doing good. So did Ishani, although Priyaranj, dad, wants a fast forward button !
Arti joined and for inexplicable reason, unlike past week, showed variable handle control, much to her discomfiture..
Ajay was happy with his progress.. Who am I to find faults !!
Vrinda came for second session with mom Sudha, both with good balance sense, just need more saddle time and handle control.

Anandita and Annapoorni, wiser from the ride, tried lifting right hand from handle bar grip, in preparation  hand signalling, and turning neck to look behind before signalling.
After the session end photo courtesy Priyaranj, we dispersed, and my worry about towing the foldie back evaporated when Anandita volunteered to ride it all the way to JP Nagar ! Win-win in true sense..!!
Fatima looked after her gastronomic replenishment and that ended a lovely sunday morning !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170618_093351.jpg
IMG_20170618_070927.jpg
IMG_20170618_073509.jpg
IMG_20170618_094053.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jun 24, 2017, 11:13:25 AM6/24/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!
Our super enthusiastic  students are taking over the session planning !!
So we are having well utilised long weekend !! multiple sessions, one over yesterday, two tomorrow and one on Monday.. wow !!
Thanks both Nandini and Ajay on students side and Anindita, Vimal and Sachin on training side !!
Tomorrow :
Sunday 25th June 2017

1.Cubbon Park
Timings : 7.30 -10.30 am
Trainers : Vimal kumar
                  Sachin
                  Ali

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
(Presently, not available )

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Timings : TBD
Trainer : Chiddu
Let us enjoy !!
Ali Poonawala

Opendro

Jun 24, 2017, 12:16:19 PM6/24/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
No Id holiday for you doc? No, you cannot do that. Will it be helpful for you to celebrate if I take your place in the school for tomorrow?

Ali Poonawala

Jun 28, 2017, 10:32:13 PM6/28/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends
a very जटपट report :
Multiple sessions over 3 days , Monday included !
Credit for the push :
Students :Nandini and Ajay 👍
Trainers : Vimal and Sahin  !!👌
Anindita wore both the hats 😁😀
Above mentioned
Saturday
Cubbon Park :
These five painted the cat park area red !!
Some quotes :
Nandini :
Today the trainers helped me balance the bicycle and taught me the right technique of using brakes. I tried a little bit of turning too. I am still far from cycling independently but felt good that things have improved since day 1. Special thanks to Anindita, Vimal and Sachin for coming on a Saturday as well! 😊
Ajay :
It was a beautiful session today..also it was nice to meet vimal sir for first time👍👍..i learnt circling and a bit of doing 8 turn.. totally it was a beautiful session today.
Sachin Biradar:
The first time ever we had a session on Saturday at Cubbon park, we were uncertain over the availability of our learning ground, but the good news is we found out that it's used as parking on weekdays too.

The weather was apt for cycling and we had 2 students, Ajay and Nandini, and 3 trainers Anandita, Vimal and myself.

Nandini was on and off with her balancing and needs practice with it, lots of things for her to learn.

Ajay has starting troubles  but  manages balancing, today he also tried turning and 8 turns and was decent enough...but still wobbles, and this has been a common problem among both of them.

We finished the session a little late than usual as Anandita was trying to get a hang of how to handle the bike on off roads and how to negotiate pot holes, the skills will definitely come in handy.

We are looking forward to the next session due tomorrow, trainers and students alike.

Thanks folks for the session 👍

Ali Poonawala

IMG-20170624-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20170624-WA0021.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jun 28, 2017, 10:32:39 PM6/28/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Sunday
Landed up late when Sachin and Vimal were into the groove already.
Good crowd of new learners, about 5 of them
Sulagna, Susanna, Moumita, Sonia and young Harshith kept us employed.. and seniors included Anindita, Ajay Indu1 and Indu2, Suhasini, Vrinda.
Padma was down with infection so could not join training, but still came down with a lovely fruit basket especially for Fatima !!
..So touching !!💐
I cheated on the promise made to her and shared some of the delicious fruits... we almost  had some "organic" fruit festival !!
Another session awaits later this morning..
Watch the space ,😘

Ali Poonawala

[...]

Ali Poonawala

Jul 1, 2017, 11:04:34 AM7/1/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Monsoon is around
with lovely cloud cover and no rain..!!
Not good as such.. but cycling community is making most of this heavenly arrangement !!
So cubbon park awaits you...
Not sure about JP Nagar..No students registered till 8 pm !

We have three centres at present (july 2017) check the roaster, link below, for centre and  trainer availability.

1.Cubbon Park :
Tennis Club Car Park
Timings :7.30  am - 10.00 am
Trainers :  Vimal Kumar
                   Sachin Biradar
                   Ali Poonawala

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
(Presently, not available )

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.

See you tomorrow !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Jul 9, 2017, 9:14:13 AM7/9/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !

First, apologies to those who wanted to come to JP Nagar..We hope you will not lose interest ! There will be a session next week for sure..!

A report of the only session, at Cubbon Park:!

Two new things  :
Wagon R takes lady bird and foldie both easily, with some more space for other stuff, and of course, a front seat passanger too !!
Great improvement from 800 !!

Second, we have a new friend handling free rentals, Vijay Ramesh of Social Cycles (and Social virus !), already looking after other rentals of CycleDay.... Had long chat with him and Vimal kumar at the end of the session about cycling related issues and how to increase and implement cycling as a social change.. Wonderful energy with effective mind  ..Respects !
Coming back to present..
4 teachers,  Vimalkumar, Sachin, Anindita and myself..
3 New students, Sumitha, Lakshmishree, Sreemani..
First two are rank beginners but good grasp and will be self sufficient pretty soon..Sreemani rides two wheeler so balance was not issue but pedalling is a new game for her and made her lose balance, but again, will pick up in no time..
Padmini, Indu, Suhasini, Ajay, Vrinda and Anindita, in part, were senior students all quite comfortable and polishing some rough edges.. some learnt single hand riding, for signalling... and slow riding, the most demanding of all, as far as control goes..
Vimalkumar was caught in action twice, in his Tilt Tolerance Threat Test , we will call it 4T !!
Made very interesting spectacle, as evidence by photos !
Fatima guided, long distance, about the small hidden treasure..And so we ended with customary sweets and drink for a lucky woman..!!
That was that !
Hoping for other sessions to start too,
wishing you all a great time next week, with saddle and pedals  !
See you next weekend..

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170709_090556.jpg
IMG_20170709_090206.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jul 9, 2017, 9:16:29 AM7/9/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends...
GST is fully engaging most of the spare time ..😫

So briefest of facts :😀

Cubbon Park session :
Trainers :
Vimal kumar, Sachin Biradar, Ali Poonawala
Bikes : Vimal : Btwin rock rider
Ali : Foldie + Ladybird
Amar's BSA Foldman Foldie ( Nalini)
Anindita : rental Ladybird

New Students :
Sukanya,  Arthi, Padmini

Seniors :
Padma, Indu1, Anindita, Ajay, Nalini , Moumita, Harshith,

Today's highlight..

Sukanya getting out of breath..in downslope !!😳😫
(Of course..She got better as she progressed further !)

Pick of the week end :

Padmini's short stint with revival of cycling skill dormant since past 45 years !
🙏👏👏👍👍

Had a great day !!
Have a nice week ahead !!

Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170702_094325.jpg
IMG_20170702_094349.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jul 15, 2017, 10:46:11 AM7/15/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends
Sunday is almost here !
Tomorrow we have  sessions in Cubbon Park  (with more teachers registered than students so far !)
and JP Nagar..

Schedule is as given..Note . Vimal is staying late, till 10.30 am, so utilise this bonus !

1.Cubbon Park
Venue :      Tennis club car park
Time :         7.30 am to 10. 30 am
Trainers :   Vimal kumar
                    Sachin Biradar
                     Anindita
                    Ali Poonawala

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
(Presently, not available )

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Trainer : Rajeshwari
                Ganesh

Time :    TBA
Let us have a good time !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Jul 22, 2017, 11:19:38 AM7/22/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar

Hi friends !
After blustery windy week, tomorrow  promises to be a lovely day and what better way to start  than a few rounds on the saddle !

We have couple of centers operational

1.Cubbon Park:
Venue : Tennis club car park area. Opp Band Stand.
Time : 7.00 am to 10.30 am
Trainers : Shamala
                  Vimal
                  Ganesh
                   Ali
                  ? Sachin
The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
(Presently, not available )

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Time :.       TBA
Trainers :   Gaurav

You can register for a centre close to you, here :

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Check Whatsapp for last minute updates !
Take advantage of early start and late finish at Cubbon Park !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

On 16 Jul 2017 20:05, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends
 We had interesting Weekend sessions !
J. P. Nagar:
Rajeshwari and Ganesh conducted the session with Vijaya and Iftekhar being the students..
In Ganesh"s words :
‌Nice chilly Bangalore morning, Raji and I reached JPN location well in advance of the scheduled time. Raji did not need any of the buffer time I had built in for her to ride Miss India to the location... I took over the class as Vijaya and Iftekar arrived. Iftekar is doing quite well, he just needs more practice and some fine tuning as he goes along. Vijaya is getting there... Need to focus on keeping her spine straight and NOT break where not needed, again more and consistent saddle time recommended. ☀ god peeped out through the never ending, never showering blanket of 🌥 just to get our Sunday snap done....
‌this is Vijaya's response :
‌ Thanks Ganesh . It was a good learning today after a gap of one month. Hope to master pedalling soon😄
Cubbon Park :
As expected, we had a super weather and equally cool time...What with three trainers - Vimal kumar, Anindita and myself and only 8 students Dr. Nalini, Sumita, Indu2, Suhasini, Nandini and Fatima and Neha and Babloo too !
Except Sumita, second sessioner, others knew  balancing.. so it was relatively easy session.

Sumita is getting better, the video shows the back lurching the obstacle to her balancing !,

Neha and Bablu came for improving their road worthiness egged by Rajesh, their Dad ! I took them out on the road around the whole of the Cubbon Park..And they rose to the occasion and completed the round safely, of course, there were no right turns though and I was protecting them from buses a bit  !
The end game plan was  to imitate the "tandem" biking kids on our ladybird, Vimal kumar and myself had to settle for consolation, of able to just perch and glide down the slope !
We hope to get it one day !!

Vimal was still with Nandini and Anindita polishing their standing cycling as I moved on..

So long..keep pedalling..
till next weekend..

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Jul 23, 2017, 6:59:29 AM7/23/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends ...
Lovely day.
Cubbon Park :
Teachers aplenty.. 7 to be exact !
Rajeshwari, Shamala (Welcome !) and Anindita (Well..Came !)
Vimal kumar, Ganesh, Sachin (3B- Belated Birthday Boy ,🎂!☺) Ali
3 new students :
Parimala, Manda and Spoorthi
Spoorthi is planning to ride Hyderabad-Tirupathi in less than a month..! That is what APJ AK would have agreed as high aiming !👍
Manda needs to be germany-biking-ready by 14th..High aiming .. Again !👌
Parimala (with daughter Pavani and hubby) had good balance, terrible peddling. Needs time stationary biking, to come to the grip and grasp !
Padma, Sharif, Juhi, Ajay, Neha, Babloo Suhasini, Nandini  and Dr. Fatima were 9 seniors.
More "gup shup" than work in some quarters of the ground !
Senior Neha (Noopur) now into running, dropped in to say hello..
Another failed attempts by teachers for Tandem pedalling ..
Mysuru Pak courtesy Anindita for Sachin's birthday and laddoos from Vimal completed the day honorably.
Promise extracted from Nandini to teach Manda staying at RT nagar.

In all..A great day at the desk !!
Till next week end..
Hoping to have a 15 km ride early morning at 6 am to Mekri circle and back by 7.30 am
Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170723_152903.jpg
IMG_20170723_154117.jpg
IMG_20170723_153044.jpg
IMG_20170723_094308.jpg
IMG_20170723_092119.jpg
IMG_20170723_153956.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jul 29, 2017, 12:32:08 PM7/29/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar

Hi friends !
Looks like a busy day at work in the school !
The ride for road experience will be from our usual teaching place at 6 am, exiting from Venkappa art gallery arch, proceeding via kasturba road,  taking left  , GPO, Raj Bhavan, chalukya circle, golf club road, Windsor manor underpass, palace grounds road,  mekri circle and back along via  maharani college route.
I will try to post the map if I can but rest assured..We will tail you and guard you !

We have all three centers operational

1.Cubbon Park:
Venue : Tennis club car park area. Opp Band Stand.
Time : 7.30 am to 09.30 am
Trainers : Vimal
                   Ali

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Trainer : VimalKumar
Time :     3-4 pm

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Time :.       TBA
Trainers :   TBA

You can register for a centre close to you, here :

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Check Whatsapp for last minute updates !

Let us enjoy the day !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Jul 30, 2017, 10:30:06 AM7/30/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Great news !
Marathalli session revived by Vimal kumar!
One student , Deepa reported thus  :

"I attended the session in Marathahalli. I went back to the class after a long break and was thinking that I have to start from scratch. But, managed to ride a bit and take a a few turns. Realized that I need to practice a lot to learn to ride smoothly. A big shoutout and thank you to Vimal. He was so cheerful, encouraging and patient even after the morning ride and cubbon class."

Agreed Deepa !
Hats off to Vimal kumar !

Today at Cubbon Park..
Road ride :
I reached a bit late.. Apologies !
Gave foldie to Udita, Lady bird to Iftekhar and borrowed a rental bike from Praveen (Vijay's assistant at Free Cycle Rental).
Nandini on Amar's foldie, Gaurav (surprise! surprise!!) On his  Bianchi Vijay on his ? brand made the first 6 riders, Vimal and Anindita joined soon, on the way...
Iftekhar was most confident, Ani (ride2) was vastly improved version. ! Vimal's chaperoning showed clear result in Nandini's riding prowress. Udita gamely pulled on and I think would benefit the most ! Thanks to Vimal, Vijay and Gaurav for shielding the riders from the traffic onslaught !!
Hand signals, looking back etc. need refining and I am sure the newbie riders will feel the pinch after being through this and  redouble their efforts for these !

Teaching session :
After the ride, we reached 15 minutes late, Manda was waiting and introduced her neighbour and  friend Bhuma. Bhuma, Ajith and Purnima were first timers..All four morning riders, Ani, Iftikhar, Nandini and Udita practiced  a bit, chatted a lot .!!
Manda gained some ground but needs to power more and trust her hands more than feet (to balance ) !!
Ajith was good but Bhuma was the pick of the day !
A naturally gifted person, she managed not only foldie but ladybird too with confidence !
Bounced back from two falls which I suspect from narrow based mounting and dismounting. Quads need strength too !
Juhi, more and more comfortable with control, and Ajay were there too, Ajay happily took over Purnima's training just as Nandini helped out Manda again ! Suhasini joined and Arti came too, after a hiatus of few weeks, and Vimal took care of her balancing issues on Ani's Mach.
Thanks Nandini for sweets !

All the best to Vimal for Karthik Nagar session !
I and Vijay moved on,  planning to start session in JP Nagar near L&T South City  near his warehouse cum repair shed.
Chatterati continued..

Lively and Lovely day !
Keep pedalling during the week..!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170730_065515.jpg
IMG_20170730_124833.jpg
IMG_20170730_065515.jpg
IMG-20170730-WA0014.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Aug 5, 2017, 11:19:41 AM8/5/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar

Hi friends
August brings lovely clouds and lots of festivals ☺☺

We have two operational centres
JP Nagar has no students registered, neither volunteer !

1.Cubbon Park:
Venue : Tennis club car park area. Opp Band Stand.
Time : 7.30 am to 10.00 am
Trainers :   Ganesh
                   Sachin
                   Ali

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Trainer : VimalKumar
Time :     7.30-9.30 am

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Time :.       ? TBA
Trainers :   ? TBA

You can register for a centre close to you, here :

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Check Whatsapp for last minute updates !

Keep pedalling !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Aug 6, 2017, 9:40:07 AM8/6/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar

Hi friends...

Perfect cloud cover, no rain with light winds..
Dream weather for cycling !

Cubbon Park report :

Ganesh had procured couple of rental bikes already through Vijay as we reached with our foldie and ladybird... Ajay is in the cusp between student and teacher and looked a bit lost, but I love his vigour and enthusiasm and was a great help !
4 new students,

Nida and Heya, both friends, turned up all set to go when Rohit, who had been cycling for whole 'half hour' appeared on the rental bike, for learning..and he was already balancing ! So we have found our Eklavya !!
Shailaja was the senior 'newcomer' and had already learnt in young days, so did not need much attention, same as Nida, a scooter rider, so balancing was not an issue.
Heya is a 'lurcher', not yet ready to trust hands to do the balancing, but will be good in a few weekends.
Ajith and Bhuma from last week were there and showed good progress..Turning is the next objective..  Padma did a few rounds, left early. Vijaya showed much improved steadiness, though inexplicable lurching lapses showed up ! Manda could curb  reflex of legs flying off, only after fear of getting a spank or two was instilled ! Suhasini came and did her practice.
We had a late arrival at 9.30 in form of Kumuda, through Vijay,all the way  from Devanhalli .  unfortunately foldie had already left and I had a surgery at 10.30..So   left her in Ganesh's lap !!

 Our best of luck to the migratory birds of the week, Vrunda, Juhi and Manda
Also best of luck to Spoorthi for her 700 km ride !

Till next weekend !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

PS :
(Vimal kumar or any student could help with Marathalli report please !)

IMG_20170806_092947.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Aug 12, 2017, 11:17:07 AM8/12/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
 Hi friends !!

Time to learn to pedal ..

Back again !!

We have three centres at present (Aug 2017) check the roaster,link below, for centre and  trainer availability.

1.Cubbon Park

Time :
07.30-09.30 am
Trainers :
Sachin Biradar
Ali Poonawala
? Gaurav

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Time :
TBA
Trainer :
Vimal Kumar

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.

Time :
6.30-7.30 am
Trainer:
See you in action !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Aug 13, 2017, 8:39:49 AM8/13/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends...

Reporting after a beautiful cloudy day with lightest of a drizzle...Perfect.. perfect for cycling g !
Came to know about  nasty experience for Udita yesterday, who on her yesterday's morning cycling trip had a pot hole encounter ending with a bent fork..as if not enough, another disaster with a ruffian pulling at her bag and again crashing her.. She has been lucky, escaping with minor injuries, I have been told. Please do not let these curb your cycling drive !
Cubbon park session was fairly  light..seniors were fewer..Probably long weekend so many are outstation?
Ajay surprised by coming after saying won't be able to !
 Vimalkumar too, had one student for Marathalli and thought he would be of more help here..  Sachin and Anindita and myself made strong trainer presence.
Newbies included Manoj, Anchika Nanda and  Kumudha. Anchika was too little even for foldie and though tried to learn balance, she was more like, doing for dad, Dinesh !
Nanda had learnt earlier and had no difficulty in getting into the groove. Manoj got  the most out of the session, he too had some exposure but from tentative rider, turned into a confident negotiator ! Kumudha came pretty late and Anindita took her responsibility..
Ajith, Bhuma, Vijaya  Suhasini Babloo and Neha were tbe seniors..Rajesh  (Babloo and Neha's dad) wondering about the 30 km ride..
All seniors are getting into the groove with hard work and exemplary determination !!
Thanks Ajay for choco-bicis and Bananas, celebrating his 92% in exams..
Bless you all !!
Keep pedalling

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170813_093442.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Aug 19, 2017, 11:07:08 AM8/19/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !

Rain Gods continue to bless us ! Let us get together with this great weather !

We have three centres  for tomorrow.. 20 th Aug 2017

 check the roaster,link below, for centre and  trainers.
07.30-09.30 am
Trainers :
Sachin Biradar
Gaurav
Ali Poonawala

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Time :
07.30-09.30 am
Trainer :
Vimal Kumar

3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.

Time :
11.00 am
Trainer:
Keep pedaling !

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Aug 20, 2017, 12:04:38 PM8/20/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!
As promised, Rain Gods provided lovely umbrella of clouds on a leash..Keeping the showers away from our morning session, in Cubbon Park at least.

JP Nagar session did not happen, Kiran did not turn up neither at JP Nagar, nor at Cubbon Park ! Gaurav was waiting for him..😣

Marathalli session report:
Deepa has been our very sincere student reporter, Vimal kumar being man of action, rather than words !
In Deepa's words :
"
Had another wonderful session today! I was the only student in Marathahalli and got the bike to myself full time. Lucky me😀
Warmed up a bit with straight cycling and moved onto perfecting twists and turns. Vimal was very optimistic and asked me to try taking 8's. After some failed experiments, I retired for the day😃 Vimal, thank you again for a fantastic session.
"
Thank you Deepa and of course, Our Vimal kumar !!👌👍💐

Cubbon Park report :
The VISA duathlon was at our primary teaching area, so we moved camp to more picturesque secondary teaching point near gate 3.
Shraddha, a newbie, was already there, so were Bhuma, ..Vijaya and Babloo too..Ajay was more into teaching and challenging Sachin to push ups ! He and Ajith got the extra bikes from Praveen (of Vijay's Social Virus free rental.. thanks! ) as Sachin joined...
Shraddha started tentative but learnt balancing pretty quick..And will be ok for turning and figure of 8 within another 2-3 sessions. ( Smita, her sister too learnt in single sessions..Kanoria genes, 😇.

Nagashree, as mentioned in her intro to the group, was being coached by Kavya, her friend.. when We  forced ourselves😋 ! She is a good student , sensing is better on upslope and needs to let the fear go and start trusting her hands to balance...

Bhuma, Ajith and Padma had good sessions.. polishing their handle control and turnings.
A controlled happy session..

I love this secondary place...As Padma mentioned, after 8.30 it becomes less crowded and car free, unlike our main place !

Thinking of our 15 km meri circle ride next Sunday..Let me know who are willing ..
Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG-20170820-WA0013.jpg
IMG_20170820_090903.jpg
IMG_20170820_093444.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Aug 25, 2017, 11:13:57 AM8/25/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends..
Do fill in the form...

... to give best possible help with meagre long holiday weekend resources !

You can register for a centre close to you, here :

Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

Ali Poonawala

Aug 27, 2017, 9:27:55 AM8/27/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Wet start but a great day at Cubbon. For a few minutes, heavy drizzle grounded us even before we started. Later realized that it just helped us grab 2 bikes as people started quitting soon !
Tushar and Nisha both completely new to cycling were on time as we started rolling after light shower. Sort of a day to mark for their biography, both are now comfortable riding on their own (of course, need to practice more and the turns). Soon little Aditi joined with her dad, after a round with me Sachin joined to take her over and later helping Nisha on the details. Aarti then joined in for a few rounds tuning her pedalling and shoulders. I spotted Go Green Rao and used the moment for weekly selfie. Towards the end before I left around 9:50 a.m. our good old jumping jack Kushboo with family walked up to me to say Hi and conveyed a great news of their 👶🏻in the making.
Soaked in +ivity, I  signed off while Nisha and Tushar continued their learning with Master Sachinl

Sachin's report from his first session, he did double shift !!
"From the JP Nagar session, very cloudy morning, I had Vijaya as the only student. She has been a keen learner and today she took the opportunity to learn how to turn and riding upslope...She has to refine her turning technique and her start."

Vijaya responded, with touching sincerity...
"Thanks Sachin. Felt good, with all the patience n encouragement, n a thanks to all the trainers, glad that I took up on myself to learn cycling. Will sure refine my techniques in the next few sessions."

Really... the positivity is so exhilarating !!
My, (non player's) musing to end...
" Very happy to read the reports...
Special thanks to Sachin for doing "double duty" and reports too.
🙏🙏👏👏
Congratulations to Khushboo..
 wishing a safe and happy motherhood !
And finally,  Ganesh and students for braving it out in this weather too !"
Warm regards..
Ali Poonawala

IMG-20170827-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20170827-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20170827-WA0001.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Sep 2, 2017, 11:04:34 AM9/2/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends

As the blessings of heavenly showers continue, you are welcome to the only centre operational tomorrow !!

Cubbon Park

Time : 7.30 to 9.30 am
Trainer :
               Ganesh
                Ali
                ?Sachin

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

See you tomorrow ....
Rain or shine !

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Sep 3, 2017, 11:11:03 AM9/3/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!
After giving a fright on Saturday morning... Rains gave Bangloreans a beautiful respite on this morning. Between Umeed run from Kanteerava stadium  and our session in Cubbon Park,  Suryadev remained smiling !!

The session started late, Ganesh and Sachin from trainers with  rookie Kiran were already there, and some waiting for rental bikes.

First timers included Kiran, Anurika, Praveen and Hemant sneaked in very late!

Adithi, Bhuma, Ajith, Nisha and Tushar were the seniors.

Kiran was a natural student, keeping his spine straight and was balancing well by the end.

Anurika probably was already was exposed  to cycling and needed very little attention.

Praveen was tentative on foldie but very comfortable on normal bike and should be good to be balancing on his own by next weekend , I think.
Ajith has bought a mybike 7 and doing late evening practice and the confidence showed. Bhuma has also improved too.
Adithi was the toast of the day, second session but  impressive, fearless and negotiating hurdles with ease !😇

Nisha was quietly powering into advanced manoeuvres, all by herself and would be into hand signalling next week end. Tushar too was in the same league.
Amazing batch, we never realized we were looking after 9 students !

Hats off to you all 🎩and of course, Ganesh and Sachin, our great team mates..👍🙏

Sachin's Purefix in fixie mode was his personal growth point and a frightening indicator of my poor calf muscles when I had a go at it !😫

On this humbling note and a  promise of  better future next week end !!
Keep cycling !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20170903_090711_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170903_091908_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170903_110445.jpg
IMG-20170903-WA0002.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Sep 9, 2017, 11:18:34 AM9/9/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends

Blessings of heavenly showers continue even this week..So soak it in and  you are welcome to session to any one of two centres operational tomorrow !!

1.Cubbon Park

Time : 7.30 to 9.30 am
Trainer :
               Ganesh
                Ali
                Sachin

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high  court,

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli

Trainer : Vimal Kumar
Time : 7.30 - 9.30 am

See you tomorrow ....
Rain or shine !!

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Sep 10, 2017, 1:03:12 PM9/10/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Rain Gods, almost teasingly, tested my resolve of having session 'rain or shine' to the break point ! Then, like a cat condescendingly having pity on the little mouse, walked away...Leaving the school of mice , also referred to as Bangalore Bicycling School, play in sunny bask !

And mice came prepared for a party !

Marathalli session :
Vimal kumar conducted the session. Udit was the learner.details awaited.

Cubbon Park session :

Miss Hero India arrived with horns blaring ! ( Ganesh' Santro security lock went mad )
Foldie and Ladybird were more sedate and Teaching got going with Bhuma rode the Ladybird in.  Jayanthi and Lohith (with a brand new Firefox from last weekend's Ummid run's lottery win ! ) were first timers , Hemant had a sneak in appearence last week end, so technically his second session !
Praveen, Kiran, Ajith and Adithi were other senior bipeds at various levels of mastering the metal biped !
Sachin was our third volunteer so we were nicely Even Steven regards 'time sharing' !
 Duo of Udita and Anindita with her latest Trek ( no mudguards..Waited to roads to dry 👌 !) added the senior alumni touch 💐
Adithi gamely tried all the bikes and so did Praveen, but his choice was clear ! Ladybird...anyday !!
Jayanthi was super duper with her balancing and couple of sessions should see her zooming along and Lohith already had childhood programming which made him an honorary student !
Fatima distributed sweets before the mandatory photo, which with Ramu's reach..made everyone sky gaze !!
A great day,
Thank you all, especially Udita and Anandita for dropping in, and Fatima for sweets !
Keep  pedalling
Rain or shine !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala
PS:
15 km friendly supported as many stops as you want ride to Mekri circle, next week 6 am. Anandita will do two rounds, making it 30  for her !!
Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

IMG_20170910_093723.jpg
IMG_20170910_093723.jpg
IMG_20170910_192522.jpg
IMG_20170910_093647.jpg
IMG_20170910_192733.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Sep 16, 2017, 10:34:12 AM9/16/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar

Hi friends
We have registration for Cubbon Park..
Will not be having other 2 centres - JP Nagar and Marathalli- tomorrow, in view of absence of students for these.
So we will be there after the morning ride to mekri circle is over ! 7.30 is the target.

Cubbon Park
Venue :Tennis club car parking area
Time.  : 07.30-09.30 am
Trainers : Vimal kumar
                 Ganesh
                 Ali
                 ? Sachin
                 ? Gaurav

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)
I request trainers to join the 6 am ride too, about 6 students have confirmed so far !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Sep 17, 2017, 10:27:09 AM9/17/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Rain Gods carried out the threat finally..!
And the team rose to the challenge !!
Sachin and Vimal kumar from trainer side and six recent graduates  (Nandini, Anandita, Sharif, Ajay, Iftikhar, Lohith )  disregarded the opened skies and braved 15 Km Mekri circle ride..
we had a splashing time , and much to irritant to the bus drivers and amusement of sheltering motorbikers, even pushed the bikes at the Windsor upslope !

Congratulations to these fighters !🎉😇

The teaching session was, expectedly, with thin attendance, only Kiran and Praveen actually rode, getting soaking wet but triumphant in the learning. Kiran did figure of eight and attempted right hand free riding. Praveen was helped by ? hypothermia, stiffness didn't allow much  lurching and he went solo, starting and balancing on his own, much to everyone's joy !

Swati came to say she can't come, though registered! (So sweet !)
🙏
Ramu and Adithi were a bit late and had to go back..😫

The experience was, should I say cycle cleansing.. and a bit of souls too !

Thanks again team !👍👏

Keep pedalling,

Warm regards

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

IMG_20170917_074353_1.jpg
IMG_20170917_061910.jpg
IMG_20170917_070512.jpg
IMG_20170917_075237.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Sep 23, 2017, 12:57:34 PM9/23/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Finally !
A little rainless patch for us to enjoy the Suryadev's glory !
Again, only cubbon park registrants !

Cubbon Park:
Venue :
KSLTA (tennis club ) carpark
Time 7.30 -9.30 am
Trainers : Sachin
                  Ali
The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
Do join us for a lovely and lively time out !
Warm regards
Ali

Ali Poonawala

Sep 24, 2017, 10:11:21 AM9/24/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends
With the festivities in the air, the ladies are held up with more important functions.. and that showed !
Cubbon Park had fewer people around in general, and our cycling session too was a quieter affair.

No new faces. We started with Nisha and Jayanthi already being looked after by Anindita on the rental bikes and no takers for the foldie and ladybird for a while till Kiran came !
💐Tushar turned up on his new Firefox MTB, and hats off to his plunge into road riding in this manner ! He got a helmet too..Well done..! He used the session for fine control, hand signalling etc. ,
So did Kiran, who could ride with one hand steering before we left.
Sachin joined in...and we were cruising !
Nisha is tuning into the signalling too and her cycle control has admirably improved.
Jayanthi used foldie for her rides but could transit back to ladybird with ease. She needs to focus on handle control too.
Adithi is getting comfortable even on taller bikes but handle wavers on upslope so needs better directional control.
Nanda has come once earlier and just wanted a booster session and took foldie probably on the main road too.
 Hemanth came quite late but can balance a bit now but there is a little hesitation about being "air borne" with him, seeking comfort of mother earth at slightest opportunity !
Praveen is improving and essentially in self learning mode now. Same old snag of handle bar control here too..!
Suhasini sneaked in again and did her own pottering around..Except acknowledving her lovely smile, I am clueless about her riding prowress and would be grateful for her as well as Sachin/Ani's remarks in that arena.
I packed in early, Ramu giving us another group snap, already posted by him here.

Keep celebrating
Keep pedalling !!

Warm regards
Ali

IMG_20170924_091848.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Sep 30, 2017, 11:27:14 AM9/30/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Week end is here !
Cubbon Park beckons the cycling enthusiasts !

Venue :
Tennis club car park area
Timing : 07.30-9.30 am
Trainer : Ali
               ? Sachin

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

See you there !
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

Ali Poonawala

Oct 1, 2017, 12:54:23 PM10/1/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Beautiful sunday morning at Cubbon Park ...cloud covered, no rain, classical music from the bandstand..Perfect setting for great cycling session ...What a treat !
4 teachers (Anindita, VimalKumar,Sachin and Ali ), 1 new ( Janaki) 9 senior (Fatima {with specially delivered cycle courtesy Vijay..thanks ! } , Jayanthi, Adithi, Ajith, Ajay, Tushar, Suhasini, Hemanth and briefly, Indu ) and two cheer boys, if I may be rude, Ramu, Adithi's dad and Lohith, the jogcyclist !
Gentle was the pace, fewer people due to festivals and enough number of cycles so every one had their fill as far as saddle time goes !
Every one is doing well and we need fresh students to challenge us ! Janaki's mom has promised to come next time !
Keep cycling you all,
Keep safe
Warm regards
Ali

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

Ali Poonawala

Oct 7, 2017, 12:55:46 PM10/7/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Tomorrow we are able to do  sessions at Marathallli and Cubbon Park at regular time...Shortage of volunteers for JP Nagar...So timing and venue have been changed !! Apologies !

1.Cubbon Park
Venue : KSLTA (tennis club) car park
Time :07.30 -10.00 am
Trainers :  Anindita
                  Sachin
                  Ali
                 ? Vimal Kumar

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli
Time.      :  07 30 -09 30 am
Trainer.  : Vimal kumar

3. J  P Nagar
Time       : 11-12 noon
Trainer   : Ali

Happy pedalling !
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Oct 8, 2017, 10:24:58 AM10/8/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Bangalore rains have halted for the day time at least !
All three centres functioned...After a long time !

Cubbon Park :
Except for some runners practising for next week end marathon run...
Crowd was thinner... Ever soothing Bandstand classical dance and music performances were going on as usual...Perfect Cubbon Park setting !!
Piyush and myself landed at the entrance at 7.30 am. sharp. Did downslope training and Gangesh came in.  Soon, Ajith introduced Shalini and Sayana with helmet clad Aadarsh, cyclist written a over him !!
So we had 4 newbies, 2 cycles and a lone trainer ! Seniors, Kiran and Praveen joined so did Adithi, on rental cycles.
Sachin came and using the foldie,  started teaching the ladies while I got going with Piyush and Gangesh on ladybird. Anindita joined and Ajay too, both took turns in looking after the bunch..
Sayana had good balance,from self learning Ajith tells me. Better control will soon follow !.. Shalini did not know how to get left foot to pedal and will work on military style march past !! Gangesh is a strong man and puts in so much energy !!Results in lurching at the moment !  Piyush is on the fast track and should be on his own in couple of sessions.
Seniors report card ..Adithi now can balance with right hand off , a must for signalling. Kiran is a step ahead, was learning standing start  and mashing. Praveen is finally learning straight riding and is soon for turning practice. Suhasini sauntered in and out doing couple of rounds...She needs to get into turning practice too. Hemant is riding on his own now..
Soon it was time to call it a day...Anindita obliged by distributing sweets and Ramu with his trade mark birdseye's view clicks..!👌
Thanks to all...A wonderful session, Vijay's Praveen obliged with free rental bikes as and when we needed and special thanks to both of them 👍

2. JP Nagar :
Reached the spot at 11 sharp...On time second time .A personal best!😊 But for Prem, the only student, coming all the way from ecity1, was way off the mark so only 45 minutes session. Tall 6'+, so ladybird even at highest saddle height was not optimum, but he needs to sort simple balancing. He managed some good patches. Only problem with a lone student is..He can't take off in between !!
Let us see... once we have reinforcement in volunteers, we may work out civilized timings !!

3. Marathallli
Since Vimal kumar did not come to Cubbon Park, i am assuming he had a session. I request the beneficiary to report on vimal's behalf... !
That concludes a great teaching day, 5 new students is.. nice !

Next week end being a biggish marathon run, we will be in secondary training point most likely.
Till then,
keep pedalling !

Warm regards

PS :
Included Gangesh's video clip just to emphasize how shoulder and spine tilting makes you lurch and lose balance ..

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Oct 14, 2017, 12:52:34 PM10/14/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
We have two centres in action tomorrow..
First one, Cubbon Park, is going to  see a lot more action, what with marathon runners' crowd !!
Do check at primary training area but most likely, we will in Gate 3 area, our secondary and my preferred place !!

1.Cubbon Park
The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Time : 7 30 am to 10.00 am
Trainers : Anindita
                  Sachin
                  Ali

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli

Time     : 07.30 - 09.30 am
Trainer : Vimal Kumar

So...
Celebration time..
Cycling time !!

Warm re

Ali Poonawala

Oct 17, 2017, 10:06:07 AM10/17/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Sunday morning  session..
Delayed reporting... Apologies.
Better late than never !

Two centres , I presume, operated..

1. Marathalli:
Marathalli is other side of 'iron curtain' now !
I miss Dipa's reports !!😢

2. Cubbon Park:
Perfect weather.
Perfect, both for runners, teeming all over for the marathon , and cyclists too.
Lohith predicted correct and our primary area was not affected !

Thank God for small mercies..

Rental cycles were in the truck as they were told not to give before 11 am, but Praveen was willing to give to our students as they plied in the car parking area only..

Thank God for Big mercies too !

Another blessing was Anindita...While Sachin couldn't make it, for training..

Jayashree was already there and started her onward journey for a 'hand free' experience on a rental bike.. ! Sanjukta found us, with grit of a true seeker, after my (mis)guiding her by putting wrong link -of secondary teaching area- in the roster..Well done young lady !
She was as hard working with her grasp and should do well..
Shashikala was a greying youngster, brought by her daughter, ever smiling ever hurrying to brush up her forgotten cycling ...She rushed in and rushed out with promise to come next week !
Regulars were led by young Adithi, confidence personified !! Most impressive ! Sayana was unwell so didn't do much but accompanied mom Shalini. Shalini was now aware of left leg pedalling , having egged by Ajith on corporation park stationary cycle !! She is progressing well...So is Gangesh, continuing to lurch !
Praveen is keen to crack turning, Kiran has started mashing and slow cycling, both signs of good control. Well done .He is ready for next week end 15 km Mekri circle ride, along with Adithi and Jayashree and Ajith.
We welcome at 6 am, Sunday 22ndOctober at BBSch. Point,  all others too who would want to be shepherded and launched with care in these tumulous traffic of namma bengaluru !!
Please send message confirming your interest and if you have a bike or need one.
Trainers are requested to help out too.!
Wishing you all great festivities, and a fantastic new year, full of adventures joy with complete safety and health

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG-20171015-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20171015-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20171015-WA0034.jpg
IMG-20171015-WA0035.jpg
IMG_20171015_094601.jpg
IMG_20171015_160724.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Oct 21, 2017, 12:15:02 PM10/21/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !

If all celebrations haven't daunted your zeal for more life, infuse little more action !

6 am is 15 km ride from cubbon Park area
7.30 am is the usual training session !

We have two centres in action tomorrow..

1.Cubbon Park

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available) :
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Time : 7 30 am to 09.30 am
Trainers : Anindita
                  Ganesh
                  Ali

2. Karthik Nagar CCD, Marathalli

Time     : 07.30 - 09.30 am
Trainer : Vimal Kumar

So...
More Celebration time..
Cycling time !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Oct 28, 2017, 2:40:10 PM10/28/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends!!
Apologies for not writing last weekend's report and delay today !!

Tomorrow we have two centres teaching.. please note that Marathalli location is different now..Please use Vimalkumar's link copied here too !

1.Cubbon Park
Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :.    Anindita
                     Sachin
                     Gaurav
                     Ali
The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Marathalli :
Karthik Nagar Children's Park
Doddanekundi, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037

Location :

Trainer : Vimalkumar
Timings : 07 30 to 09 30 am

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Oct 29, 2017, 12:09:21 PM10/29/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends...!
Just a quick combined post, for the last week end and today...
22nd Sunday :
We had a lovely 15 km road ride with Jayanthi, Anindita, Nandini, Nidhi (with Dad Ramu, ever vigilant, in the tow, on his mobike..!!, ) Ganesh, Ajith, Kiran, Praveen and myself...
Jayanthi found it a bit daunting, since Lohith, her moral support,  couldn't make it. But she was game and braved minor fall and airport traffic with gusto and perhaps benefited the most from the experience..
Sushila and Sheila were two new students apart from the gang who rode in the morning.Gangesh came too and we had a great session..
Thanks to all the bravehearts !!👍💐
29th, today :
Definitely a quiet session !!
Missed Anindita !!
No new students but Regular team of Sushila, Shalini (hubby Ajith and little Adarsh for moral support ! ) , Suhasini, Adithi with Dad Ramu, Kiran, Praveen and Gangesh and Hemanth,as usual, turning up late.
Sachin helped out but left a little early. Babloo and Neha came too, for couple of rounds and signal training.
Except Shalini and Gangesh, rest are pretty good and are in the process of graduating with flying colours !
I am waiting to see Adithi's new bike .. . Ramu...Photo with Adithi riding please !
Nanda Venkatesh, who had brief refresher course, dropped in to say thanks and made my day !
She is in the group now and hope she, and all those who haven't, can come for road ride next time..The great thing is, Vijay has been tremendously supportive and gives bikes for the ride..so do join !

That is that !!
Keep pedalling..👍

Warm regards
Ali

IMG_20171022_085336.jpg
IMG_20171022_093158.jpg
IMG_20171029_085452.jpg
IMG_20171022_071354.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Nov 4, 2017, 2:34:25 PM11/4/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!
Invitation for two centres tomorrow !!
1.Cubbon Park
Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :.    Anindita
                     Ganesh
                     Sachin

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area vis not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

2. Marathalli :
Karthik Nagar Children's Park
Doddanekundi, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037

Location :

Trainer : Vimalkumar
Timings : 07 30 to 09 30 am

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Nov 10, 2017, 11:50:45 AM11/10/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends....
Week end is here..
Do join in..!
Week end time
saddle time !

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Nov 11, 2017, 12:02:11 PM11/11/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows only one centre registering students for tomorrow !
Cubbon Park
Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :  Sachin
                   Ali

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,
)

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Nov 14, 2017, 8:32:20 AM11/14/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends...
Short report..
Cubbon park was buzzing with army exhibition on one side and children's fun festival on the other !
Too many people, too much energy around !
Sachin and Anindita marshalled the session..
Only one new student, Ankita. With Bro Kiran. She learnt pretty quick
Manorama from last week was also  on her own., Shalini with Ajith and Adarsh in tow. Shalini is getting more confident now.
 From past batches, Babloo, Neha and Suchita got fee rough edges polished.
With all of them having their bikes, we folded the session a bit early and while going for juice, Disaster struck ! Sachin's bike,  purefix fixie,  had got stolen!
Looked around, hoped some enthusiast took it for a spin..But soon realised it had vanished..
Police station people promised to do the needful after an earful of admonitions.
Pray for a miracle !
Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20171112_083940.jpg
IMG_20171112_082421.jpg
IMG_20171112_091848.jpg

Ali Poonawala

GoGreenRao .

Nov 17, 2017, 4:24:11 PM11/17/17
to alfa...@gmail.com, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Bangalore Bikers Club
Dear Dr Sabh,
As discussed over the phone, pls make yourself free on 26th November Sunday morning and attend IRP-Event,  would love to see with the entire gang & also the students too..

Personal Invite to all our Cyclist to register yourselves for IRP-Event 2017 B’lore which is scheduled on Sunday 26th November 2017, An event that makes a cyclist to feel proud of participating. Participate and stand a chance to win upgrade voucher worth Rs.15000/- & if you are C2O (Cycling to office) then note there are more chances that you can win cool accessories worth of Rs.1500/- for your Cycle.  People who don’t have Cycles can also register and fill up Cycle renting option in the registration form so that Rental cycles can be arranged at the venue @ a minimal cost.
Early bird Sponsored Registration Link : https://goo.gl/forms/pI1jLttS1ALKra433
Our Event Sponsors  #GAINT ,  #STARKENN  &  #CYCLEWORLD
 Event Co-Sponsor’s  #IndianOilCorpration
 Event Supported by: #RRCycles & #TheFitcon

Dress Code : GoGreen T-Shirt , People who don’t have GoGreen T-shirt need not worry as participant will be given Event T-Shirt.

Central meeting Place.
 Chamundeshwari  Kabaddi Play Ground
18th Main Road, 4th T Block, Jayanagar

Meeting Time
7:00am

On 17-Nov-2017 9:24 PM, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (alfa...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Hi friends....
Week end is here..
Do join in..!
Attendee roster form

Response roster link

Week end time
saddle time !

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Nov 18, 2017, 11:55:43 AM11/18/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows only one centre registering students for tomorrow !
Cubbon Park
Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :  Anindita
                  Ganesh
                  Ali

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Keep up the good work !

Warm regards

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Nov 19, 2017, 7:18:43 AM11/19/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Again....Lot of runners. Beardo club this time..Not weirdo at all... according to the volunteers...A beard is a must to be a member ! Girls...Excuse us ! (You could run , though...All those men without beard as well !) With their stage right at the entrance to our primary area, we moved to secondary, Gate 3 area..
No new student !
Bhuma was early bird today, already done about an hour of cycling ! Jayanthi joined in too.. Hoping to leave for Denmark in May if things work out. Ganesh had to wait to get a rental bike..In demand due to events.. Anindita arrived soon
Ankitha, Manorama, Ajith minus Shalini, Susheela came so did Rajesh with Neha and Babloo. All self sufficient, evolving for higher levels of road worthiness. So good they were, as to have 3 jobless volunteers !
So jobless that Ganesh and myself even tried single pedal gliding towards latter part, but gave up, unable to do it !
Since all had their fill, we packed up 10 minutes early after photo session.
That is that !
Next weekend session  (26th Nov )will be at kabbadi ground 4th T block, no sesdion at Cubbon Park, since there is a proposal to acknowledge our activity by Prabhakar Rao's Go Green Initiative,  link shared earlier. All volunteers and past as well as present students...Join in !
Give others the glimpse of joy you are getting !

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20171119_090325.jpg
IMG_20171119_155740.jpg
IMG_20171119_160122.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Nov 30, 2017, 10:32:34 AM11/30/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !

To give a little time to plan..
To the busy bees of our school...!
We will have the monthly early morning ride this sunday ,  6 00 am sharp ,
I request Vijay to extend his usual generosity to lend his bikes as he has done for previous rides ! Please give your original ID to Praveen at the rental station.
This ride, 15 km, is meant for those who have learnt cycling but not confident of venturing on the road.
You can stop and start as often as you have to ..We will cover you !
As usual,  I request all volunteer teachers to join so as to be able to provide maximum cover.
Ride starts and ends at Bangalore Bicycling School point

I will try to map it but basic route is .
‌Exit out from car park to kasturba road
‌At signal, take left  towards raj bhavan, cross GPO signal.
‌Past raj bhavan, towards golf course, turning right at Chalukya circle.
‌Continue straight under Windsor manor bridge, onto bellary road, possibly negotiating the hair pin bend.
‌Climb the slip road to mekri circle. Half way !!
‌Mandatory photo over, head back same way except, go towards planeterium and turn right into Ambedkar vidhi at signal.
‌Get into Cubbon park at Gate 3, after metro entrance. That is near our secondary teaching point
‌head towards starting point and celebrate !!
‌total  distance is15 km.
‌should take 45 -60 min.
Senior students are welcome as well, for old times sake !!
Warm regards
Ali
PS Ping if you are joining... ASAP, since Vijay has to let Praveen know how many bikes are needed..  !

Ali Poonawala

Dec 2, 2017, 11:43:00 AM12/2/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows all three centres registering students for tomorrow !
Cubbon Park
Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :  Sachin
                   Ali

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

2. Marathalli :
Karthik Nagar Children's Park
Doddanekundi, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037

Location :

Trainer : Vimalkumar
Timings : 07 30 to 09 30 am

3. JP Nagar
Location :
3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Trainer : ? Chiddu
                ? Gaurav
Timings:
               To be decided

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Dec 3, 2017, 9:58:07 AM12/3/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends
Cubbon Park reporting !
After the Hurricane we woke up to a lovely, but chilly day, some enthusiasts managed to reach in time for the ride, including, Udita, Jayanthi with her elder (!) sister Nivedita  , Lohith, Tushar and myself, Sachin joined soon after. Udita found going tough on the foldie, and small group was further splintered, one going to Mekri circle as planned but other returning from magic box itself, for want of time.
Thank you all, specially Vijay and his assistant Praveen for lending the cycles !
Cubbon Park class had Sri Nag and Kaushik as new students and Manda, Bhuma ( she has bought Hop Town, a foldie  ! ), Shalini, Ajith, Suhasini, Hemanth, Gangesh and survivors from ride included Udita, Jayanthi and Niveditha, who went about sharpening the skills.
Sri Nag rides mobike so he just needed practice field and no supervision so was on his own ! Kaushik is big time Lurcher (BBSch term... for students who continue to tilt shoulder spine and hips to balance (  rather than  their handgrips on handlebar ) However,  he was getting the knack of keeping spine still and straight towards the end of the session.
Manda was the other student yet to learn to balance...And is getting better too.

Till next week end !

Keep pedalling !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20171203_071739.jpg
IMG_20171203_090143.jpg
IMG_20171203_090435_BURST1.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Dec 9, 2017, 12:26:30 PM12/9/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows only cubbon park  registering students for tomorrow !

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :   ?
                    ?
                   Ali

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Dec 10, 2017, 9:34:19 AM12/10/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Cubbon Park at its wintery best !!
Slight cool breeze with deep blue cloudless sky lorded by Sun in its full glory and backdrop of Carnataki music from bandstand...

And BBSch had a full house !!
 with four new ( Rukmi, Malvika, Uma and Khushi ) and a record 15 seniors ( Manda,Suhasini, Sushila, Ajith, Shalini, Bhuma, Jayanthi, Kiran, Praveen, Ankitha, Gangesh, Sri Nag Hemanth, Neha and Babloo ) It made my day's workout !!

It was such a delight to see seniors including Jayanthi, Bhuma and Ajith slip into the role of teachers with spontaneity and ease !!
 Thanks guys...You really rock !

Rukmi, Malvika and Uma's previous attempts at learning helped them here and all three were self balancing on  their own in no time... and super confident, got  their own free rental bikes too !!... Well done girls !👍
Manda and Khushi, are on the job,  balancing with a little help and should be self riding  soon !

Gangesh took charge of Anindita's Mach from Jayanthi, for home based practice for couple of weeks.

A request, please get the Mach checked by Local bike shop (LBS) for little corrections like air pressure, brake shoes, chain lube etc. before passing to next student !

Thanks to Fatima for the foldie and Vijay for giving rental bikes out of turn to our students. Praveen, Vijay's deputy, has suggested that we take charge of 5 bikes at the start of the session and return at the end, a wonderful move !!

In all, a great outing !

Keep pedalling !

Ali Poonawala

IMG_20171210_090640_HDR.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Dec 15, 2017, 1:58:10 PM12/15/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar

Ali Poonawala

Dec 17, 2017, 7:52:22 AM12/17/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
.Cubbon Park report :

.. and cold wayward winds continued !!
A dampener for some of the seniors, but not for the Police Band in Bandstand nor for three newbies, Manju, Bhargavi and Vandana !
What contrasting and varied were the progression pathways !
Manju  with a disarming smile, did not know a pedal from a saddle and did all things wrong and struggled in downslope... but Turning a totally new leaf in upslope, started  balancing, pedalling and Sachin managed to get her going in couple of rounds !!
What a great zoomer !!

Bhargavi, a young lass,  was brought by Sai, her friend, and Aniindita took charge... regular progress I think, Ani can fill in.

Vandana, from Delhi, here for a month,  came in , "Are you the one who teaches cycling" ? We go "Yes" !
 and  the way she handled the cycle, one knew they have met before !
She patiently takes in my introductory yarn, and given a go ahead, coolly takes off ..learns tricks in no time and is riding with ridiculous ease..On the upslope on her own...Graduating to turning too.. well done !
There were brave seniors too.  Manjot, Nalini and Ankitha, Babloo and dad, minus sister Neha and minus bike (someone removed valve tube...! How mean!).
Manjot"s second session and handle control is the priority for this tower of strength !! Nandini and Ankitha got going with hand signalling and turning
Vijay dropped in with Meet in skating shoes, his son..Who helped with the group snap..
After some brain storming about our baby in making, Bicycling simultor Having gained an electronics engineer in Sachin and ideator in Vijay, for the incubation...  !!

Till next weekend..
Cheerio !
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20171217_085250.jpg
IMG_20171217_092912.jpg
IMG_20171217_094401.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Dec 24, 2017, 10:55:27 AM12/24/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Another beautiful sunny wintery day with chill in the air to get you going, as fast as you can pedal,
... to the anticlimax  !
No students... 7 36 am!
Bhargavi, who was there last weekend, trooped in first, with little Lipika, today's first newbie. This sweetie pie just managed to just reach the brakes of the foldie to qualify to learn !  Ajay came in,  feeling short-changed by the pedal bike rental kiosk, saying his bicycle was claimed by someone else !!
 both girls could barely have a round each and Chaitra,second new student, came with Ram accompanying. She did well and has a good sense of balance. Bhargavi pushed off midway... Anindita took charge of Chaitra while Neha Suhasini and Babloo got into signalling and figure of 8 turns and half pedalling. Manjot and Gangaish were doing their own skill sharpening with very little input from me. There was no claimant so Mach remains with Gangaish this week too. Give us a shout if any student wants it for home practice.
The last student Rizu with Ranjeet was given a very brief intro..
Sushmita came with daughter Samyukta, who could barely reach brakes but struggled with pedals and needs smaller bike..I was more keen to teach the eldest member of the lot, Sushmuta's aunt, who refused, till Anindita whispered magic chant in Bangla !! Let us see if spell works till next weekend !

Wishing merry Christmas to all,

Keep peddling !
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20171224_092640.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Dec 29, 2017, 9:18:46 AM12/29/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends....
Last week end of 2017 is here..!!
Let us bid good bye to the lovely 2017, together, in beautiful Cubbon Park !

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Dec 31, 2017, 4:18:08 AM12/31/17
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Cubbon Park reporting :
Burrrrrr!
Last weekend... Dark and cold..!!
Cursing (joking !) Nalini (her suggestion) under breath , out of breath, reached by 6 29 am...!!
Cycles came soon after.
 Prakash got confused, came early and will have to wait full hour ! Myself, Ajay, Ankitha, Nalini, Kiran and Ajith ( btwin myride, geared ! ) moved out 6.40 am, asking Vijay to shepherd Malvika and friend ( Ankita O) once they reach.
They caught up with us at Golf club but Vijay had a flat tyre !😢 Traffic was usual, slopes were usual, cyclists' stamina too, usual !!. Ajay Nalini Ajith sped out ot sight, even missing at halfway mark ! Kiran gave company .. Anindita went past at palace grounds spluttering apologies.. !!
On the return, majestic Vidhansoudha, sun splattered, against clear blue sky was so tempting... Clicked snaps and we were back home and dry !
Congrats to  both Ankitas, Malvika and all re riders too ! Special thanks to Nandini for initiating the ride and Vijay for the bikes and escort 👌👍
Teaching part...
Anindita and Sachin were already on the job with newbies, Vasundhara and  Prakash respectively. Prakash was independent before the session was over ! Early riders were relaxing after the numbing(!) experiece and Rajesh and Anisha with Neha and Babloo were there too enjoying morning sun.
Uma came in and so did Chaitra with Ram accompanying. Anisha, who  was keen to learn mashing, and Chaitra, kept me occupied. The best part was post photo session, including with a surprise  guest, Zo.  Veeramani, in sixties and in saree,  turned up, for refreshing her dormant childhood skill.. !!
Just what the doctor ordered ! I seized the foldie from Chaitra and the grandmom  got on the job splendidly !
 Happy at her success, she told Uma thst her grandchildren , Priya and Rutwik were cycling and she wanted to give them company ! Nice little inspiration to keep us going !
Bidding goodbye to Nalini (going to Trichy) and 2017, with chocolates from Vasundhara and Uma, I moved off , Anindita and Nalini digging up tips from Vijay and his group mate ? Sajith..
Have a great new year , roll it in on the saddle and the pedals !!
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20171231_073617.jpg
IMG_20171231_081351.jpg
IMG_20171231_092243.jpg
IMG_20171231_094035.jpg
IMG_20171231_081329.jpg
IMG_20171231_081311.jpg
IMG_20171231_085934.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jan 6, 2018, 12:09:33 PM1/6/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows  cubbon park and marathalli registering students for tomorrow !

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :   Anindita
                    Sachin
                   Ganesh

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Marathalli :
Karthik Nagar Children's Park
Doddanekundi, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037

Trainer : ?Vimal kumar
Time :. TBA

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

sanjit biswas

Jan 8, 2018, 8:50:09 PM1/8/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hello Guys,

I have registered for the coming Saturday 13th Jan.
Please let me know the charges and the duration.

I did not see the scheduled start time of the program too. So, anyone helping me in that regards is highly appreciated.

regards,
Sanjit Biswas
#9886937201

Maya said:
[...]

From the past, Yashwant and mom Chandrakala, Babloo and Neha came, Singh also did a few rounds
[...]

Ali Poonawala

Jan 12, 2018, 4:47:02 AM1/12/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends....
Week end is here !
Please register early !!
 Both, the teachers and volunteers are requested to register ASAP, so we all know the score !!

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Jan 21, 2018, 8:15:19 AM1/21/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Gap of two week ends...
and how the discipline disintegrates ! 😢
Woke up late...So had to come by car...
Dr. Nayak, the yoga teacher and mouth organ virtuoso, was far more punctual , Vasundhara calling at sharp 7.30 to ask how far I was and I was not even out of my gate..!
Promised to meet another time, I pressed the gas pedal (saves 10 min. compared to cycling, in thin sunday morning traffic, if you drive like I do !)

 Vasundhara (on Hero Miss India) with another yoga teacher and family  to say hi, Ganesh ( after all that hullah bullah over non existent marathalli student !)  with Chaitra-Ram and Ajay were already there too.
Three new students, Mohana (did not her as then ! ) Srivardhan and Sparsha. All three could balance, and Mohana needed least help. Srivardhan kept jumping off the saddle when asked to brake ! Sparsha's mom, Jayalakshmi got her hibernating pedal power back in action too and Dad Shivalingaiah has promised to enroll next weekend !
From the previous batches, apart from Chaitra, Suhasini, Veeramani  (Saree again, this time she rode man's bike, with high horizontal bar, too ! ) and threesome of Rajesh Babloo and Neha dropped in, and another threesome of Piyush- Gangesh (solely for Mach transfer) and Ajay disappeared into other parts of the park..
The photo session too got fragmented.. with people coming and going as they did. As we decided to call a day, Vasundhara asked to see miss India's brake and we realised  brake was broken ! Some discussion and result..? Vasundhara and Miss India to get a lift  to Jayanagar in my car...

Piyush was as nervous with prospect of solitary ride to Koraman gala, on Mach which he inherited for couple of weeks. Pep talk given
(You know the rest of that saga !)
So..Mixed bag sort of a time, nothing spectacular...but altogether a useful session !

Do unfurl and salute Tri color on 26th,
And...be ready for 15 km road ride next week end.. those who wish to join, please plan and let me know.
Cycles for the ride, we request Vijay again !
Keep pedalling !
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20180121_093748.jpg
IMG_20180121_095020.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Jan 27, 2018, 11:58:46 AM1/27/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows  cubbon park and marathalli registering students for tomorrow !

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :   ? Sachin
                    ? Anindita
                    ? Ganesh
                    Ali Poonawala

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Marathalli :
Karthik Nagar Children's Park
Doddanekundi, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037

Trainer : Vimal kumar
Time : 7.30 - 9.30 am

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

PS :  month end 15 km ride at 6.15 am from cubbon Park to mekri circle and back.

Ali Poonawala

Feb 2, 2018, 7:41:01 AM2/2/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends....
Week end is here !
Please register early !!
Attendee roster form

Response roster link

 Both, the teachers and volunteers are requested to register ASAP, so we all know the score !!

Ali Poonawala

On 28 Jan 2018 19:22, "Ali Poonawala" <alfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends !
Cubbon Park reporting !
Monthly ride first !
Security guy to open the gate arrives only at 6.30 am while we, Kiran, myself, Praveen with cycle van and HOPCOMS van with vegetables.. all wait !!
That delay makes the sky brighter...But not enough for Piyush to wake up !
Kiran and myself moved off. Near Hotel Capitol Nida rang up so I rush back to get her, Kiran would have to wait till we come. Meanwhile, Anindita made a timely appearance to find Kiran and they both continued, much to my relief ! Myself and Nida did a shorter Cubbon Park perimeter ride. It definitely took a bit of fear out of her..But she needs more practice..
Thanks Vijay and Praveen for bikes !
Teaching session :
Megha went to secondary point, as in the bandstand roundabout a stage was built for a marathon for senior citizens.  Since the primary area as such was not affected, called her back and we trained at the usual place.
Megha had asked me yesterday if she needed to have knee pads for protection and I had suggested  (wickedly !) a whole body Armour !
It so transpired that she had tried learning of late and had fallen twice, after braking to stop. She had  hurt the same knee and needed a month to recuperate ... that was the fear !
She was good with balance and a wider base when stopping fixed fer toppling issue...

Abha fought her way through sleep and misery of losing her phone in the cab, to have a passing shot or two at balancing... We hope next weekend is less tumultuous and more rewarding for her !

Little Purvi was our third newbie. Kept throwing both feet into wilderness at slightest excuse initially  but improved with every passing minute and should be good to be on her own next time around.
Seniors included Kiran, who continued after the ride, Saree Veermati, Gangesh and a welcome surprise, Udita, to build up from where she left.
That is how it folded at Cubbon Park !

Marathalli report :

Vimalkumar :
A fruitful session at Marathalli center with 2 learner's, 2 trainers and 2 bikes. Newbies Prashanth and Sneha were quick to get comfortable on the bikes. Need a few sessions of practice and getting comfortable on the bike, before handling turns and dodging traffic.

Amar Prusty adds :

Prashanth has picked balance and Sneha is on the way👍🏾

See you all next week end again..
Till then..

Ali Poonawala

Feb 3, 2018, 10:53:19 AM2/3/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows  cubbon park and marathalli registering students for tomorrow !

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :   ? Sachin
                    ? Anindita
                    Ali Poonawala

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Marathalli :
Karthik Nagar Children's Park
Doddanekundi, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037

Trainer : 1.Ganesh
                2. Amar
Time : 7.30 - 9.30 am

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Feb 4, 2018, 3:44:21 AM2/4/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Cubbon Park reporting !
Chilly winter at its zenith with cloudless sky's benevolent sun to keep you warm and classical Carnatic music from bandstand !
Beautiful sunday morning with nice bunch of cycling enthusiasts. Ajith, and Adarsh with Shalini,  (after a big gap ! ), were already there. Rajesh minus Babloo and Neha, helped Ajith with banners. First newbie was Rubina,  Wilma joining  just a few moments later as I was going through the usual opening mantra ! (Those who have forgotten : no back lurching !! )
Ganesh and later Gaurav came in to make me redundant !
Rubina was good and soon mastered downslope and eventually tottered upslope too.. all with ease and grace.
Wilma, like majority of students, needed a bit more effort on her side but as the session rolled , could see the light at the end of the balancing tunnel !
Saree clad  Veermati now does her bit and vanishes, as did Udita, and Suhasini. Gangesh also did a few rounds.. all kept admiring Adarsh 's pyrotechnics..And gave me incentive to prctice 'bunny hop' onto the kerb !
Teachers come in all sizes and age s !
 few shin scratches to testify my bunny hopping foray, the session ended with obligatory click together and we dispersed with hope to be back next week end !
Remember, next weekend, there is a free practical session on fixing a flat tyre...An ignomy all cyclists will face at some point or other ! It will be at 9.30 am , after regular teaching.
Seniors encouraged to come too..
Amar is very much back in charge as you noted with the photos he has posted !
Gaurav is ready to teach people around Garuda Mall for next couple of months..
Spread the word amongst friends who want to learn !

Keep pedalling till then...
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20180204_084248.jpg
IMG_20180204_093722.jpg
IMG_20180204_091345.jpg
IMG_20180204_084251.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Feb 17, 2018, 12:07:20 PM2/17/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Roster shows  cubbon park and marathalli registering students for tomorrow !

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :   ? Sachin
                    ? Anindita
                    ? Vimalkumar (if no marathalli session)
                    Ali Poonawala

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

Marathalli :
Karthik Nagar Children's Park
Doddanekundi, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037

Trainer : Vimalkumar
Time : 7.30 - 9.30 am

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Feb 18, 2018, 8:00:28 AM2/18/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Brief report from Cubbon Park !
Pinkathon, yet another running event,  yet another parking chaos for Park users !
Sonal and Lakshmikala were new students, Wilma, Rubina, Praveen and Suhasini with Neha-Babloo-Rajesh trio formed the senior group.. Vimalkumar joined to double the teaching ranks !!
Sonal an absolute newbie, hardly had a round, before calling it a day. Let us hope next weekend is more useful. On the other end of the spectrum, Lakshmikala, mother of  Gunashree ( with Yellow bike  in Praveen's photo )  rides two wheeler so balancing was no issue ! Wanted to come next weekend but Kabir's Doha* had a magical effect and a lovely  round on foldie was her weekend bonus !
Rubina, and Wilma too, have become independent,  more control will come in no time, as they continue in splendid determined manner.
Suhasini has started to learn  signalling. Her turnings, circles and figure of 8 are good !
Wishing you all a great week ahead,
with plenty of cycling

Ali Poonawala
PS :
I am out of station next weekend,. Month end 15K ride and 7.30 session at Cubbon , both will need teaching volunteers..
Raise your hands please !

IMG-20180218-WA0000.jpg
IMG_20180218_093726.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Mar 3, 2018, 12:05:06 PM3/3/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Although Roster shows  all three, cubbon park, JP Nagar and marathalli registering students for tomorrow, Marathalli student is coming to Cubbon Park so two centres are operational   !

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :
                    Vimalkumar
                    Gaurav
                    Ali Poonawala

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

JP Nagar :

Location :
3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Trainer :   Chiddu
Time:.       5 - 8 am

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Mar 4, 2018, 5:32:05 AM3/4/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !
Cubbon Park was the only centre which operated today..!
Another " -thon" was playing out, this one with stage and cars bang  in our practice area, putting a bit of a challange to students.
Paulami, a newbie, was already there and so was Sneha who was senior by a session. ..Ajith was there too, with Shalini and her two sisters Sayana and Sangitha, a nursing mother..First one me thinks , for BBSch ! Adarsh was looking after the little one in turns when Sangitha had a go at the foldie !
Vimalkumar came almost immediately and started with Paulami while I accompanied Sneha.
Noyel and Girija made the newbie list complete.  Meghana, Wilma, Manjula Rubina Suhasini  were seniors and   Babloo with dad and Ankita  came in to say hi..She was bike sharing and went off ...
Sneha was the most improved student, very confident ! Paulami and Noyel both going through beginner's blues.
Soon it was time to move off, last one to say hi was Khushboo 's brother in law.. Khushboo has had a baby,  2 months ago.. and she is planning to come back again..

Well, next weekend I am not in town..So request volunteers to chip in !

Keep pedalling till then

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20180304_091023.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Mar 10, 2018, 9:34:55 AM3/10/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Hi friends !
Cubbon park session is as follows :

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :
                    Anindita
                    Gaurav
                    Sachin
                     Sastha

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

JP Nagar :

Location :
3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Trainer :   TBA
Time:.       TBA

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Mar 11, 2018, 9:44:09 AM3/11/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
[11/03 11:31] Ali Poonawala: How was the session?
[11/03 11:43] Sachin Biradar: The session was good Dr Ali, we had 6 trainees and 3 trainers...Sastha finally found us today
[11/03 11:44] Sachin Biradar: Most of them practiced turns, paulami still learning to balance
[11/03 11:44] Sachin Biradar: Prashant is doing good
[11/03 16:28] Sachin Biradar: The girl standing next to me in the first pic is Anju... Wasn't aware about our school but was trying to learn with her friends... Instinctively pitched in to help her out with the balance. She picked it up pretty quickly...Hope to see her next Sunday too
[11/03 17:22] Ali Poonawala: This ☝is the weekly report , remote controlled 🤣😍🤩

IMG-20180311-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20180311-WA0026.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Mar 17, 2018, 12:53:26 PM3/17/18
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends !!

Hi friends !
Cubbon park and JP Nagar sessions are as follows, Marathalli candidate Surya won't be coming so no session at Marathalli !

Timings :      07 30 am  to 09. 30
Trainers :
                    Vimalkumar
                    Ali Poonawala
                   ? Anandita

The best way to reach the cycling area is from Kasturba Road,  through arch between  venkatappa art gallery and vishvaishvaraiah  science museum, kasturba road.

‌(secondary teaching area if the primary area is not available:
Inside Gate no 3, high court,

JP Nagar :

Location :
3. RBI layout JP Nagar 7th Phase.
Trainer :   Chiddu
Time:.       TBD

Enjoy your day...
PEDALLING !!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala

Ali Poonawala

Nov 18, 2018, 4:58:08 AM11/18/18
to ggi-...@googlegroups.com, Sharath Chandar
Hi friends..

Cubbon Park reporting !!

Chilly but cloudy, in wake of the cyclone Gaja, who thankfully decided to give a miss to Namma Bengaluru 😃

Winter seems to make it difficult for students to step out of cozy comfort of warm beds !

Shourya was first to arrive on a Pedl bike, and went ahead with real life road riding, in the Cubbon Park  followed by first new student, Sushma, who comes via FB. She cracked balance in no time and was happy to have started the journey.

Arjun came in with Vandana. Audrey too, trooped in shortly. Vandana had a much improved performance today compared to last time. Audrey is getting ready for next weekend 15 K ride by getting hang of hand signalling.

Param's self learning is on and he is being goaded towards 15K !

Dr.Nandakumar, radiant as ever, stops by and better half, Rameshwari is keen to learn, but in two minds.. today,
Or next week ?

Suma was grappling with unlearning wrong steps and learning right ones simultaneously and coping nicely!

Another doc, my  Martha student and now fellow urologist, Sunil runs past saying hi. He is training for Mumbai half marathon. 20k practice run today !! All the best mate !

Customary photo clicking over, and surprise ! Rameshwari was back with grandchildren, Maya and Dhruv, getting ready for their skating/tricycling schedule, to have a go !

She is a smashing super gran ! Cracked it nicely and moved on with her brood, promising to practice at home !!

Nice enjoyable session..

Keep pedalling

till next weekend.
Ali Poonawala

IMG_20181118_090505537-1612x1209.jpg
IMG_20181118_084608492-1612x1209.jpg
MVIMG_20181118_083109202~2-1612x1754.jpg
IMG_20181118_094643363-1209x1612.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Nov 21, 2018, 12:15:55 AM11/21/18
to ggi-...@googlegroups.com, Sharath Chandar

15 K training road ride:

Aim : To get new students to become comfortable riding on the regular Bengaluru roads.

How much ?

It is free.

When :

last weekend of the month we conduct Free 15 Km road ride. Cubbon Park to Mekri Circle and back.

For whom :

for senior students who have cracked bicycle riding in protected spaces but are scared to go on the road with traffic.

for you to join this ride..

1.You must be able to take a start, on upslope, within your lane, without straying your direction.
2.You must be able to stop safely,  by moving towards kerb, while remaining seated and not come to dead stop in the middle of the road.
3. If you can give hand signals it will be added safety point.

Our trainers will shield you.

Who else can join :

All previous students, who haven't done this ride, are welcome !
We welcome regular kind hearted cyclists as volunteers for this !!

For newbies :  We allow as many stops as you feel comfortable.

How about cycles ?

Bring your own, if possible. Vijay, of social virus, has been kind, providing rent free cycles for this -without fees and out of turn - as well, but we need to tell him the numbers by Friday afternoon.

Assembly point :

our usual teaching area :
https://goo.gl/maps/Sv5wPXHvtaA2

Time : Assemble       : 6.15 AM
            Depart              : 6.30 AM
Expected finish time :7.30 AM

Day :  Sunday 25th November 2018

Bring water.
Helmet adds to safety.
No loose chappals or broad bottom trousers (gets into chain)

Route:

https://goo.gl/maps/dY7ZTNRsbFJ2

From 3, Kasturba Rd, Ambedkar Veedhi, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India to 3, Kasturba Rd, Ambedkar Veedhi, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India via Sankey Rd.

1. Head southeast toward Kasturba Rd
2. Turn left onto Kasturba Rd
3. Turn left onto Queens Rd
4. Continue straight onto Raj Bhavan Rd
5. Turn left to stay on Raj Bhavan Rd
6. Turn right onto Palace Rd
7. Slight left onto Sankey Rd
8. Slight right onto Guttahalli Main Rd/Ramana Maharshi Rd/Sankey Rd
9. Turn left onto 4th Main Rd
10. Arrive at location: NEXA Palace ( technical, ignore, keep moving !! )
11. Head east on 4th Main Rd toward Bellary Rd/Ramana Maharshi Rd
12. Turn left onto Bellary Rd/Ramana Maharshi Rd
13. Slight left onto Enayathulla Mehkri Square Rd
14. Make a U-turn at CV Raman Rd/Jayamahal Main Rd
15. Use any lane to turn slightly left onto Bellary Rd/Ramana Maharshi Rd
16. Arrive at location: Le Méridien Bangalore (ignore, technical. Keep moving !)
17. Head south on Sankey Rd toward Palace Rd/Palace Cross Rd
18. Continue straight (past signal) onto Palace Rd/Raj Bhavan Rd
19. Turn right onto Infantry Rd (change lane, to Rt side for next move)
20. Turn right onto Dr Ambedkar Veedhi
21. Arrive at location: National Informatics Centre ( ignore, move on !)
22. Head southwest on Dr Ambedkar Veedhi toward Queens Rd/Raj Bhavan Rd
23. Slight left onto Ambedkar Rd Underpass
24. Slight left onto Nrupathunga Rd
25. At Corporation Cir, take the 1st exit onto Kasturba Rd
26. Exit the roundabout onto Kasturba Rd (watch for buses)
27. Arrive at location: Kempegowda Tower (go past after saluting in mind !)
28. Head northeast on Kasturba Rd
29. Turn left (into second sandstone arch into BBSch training area.)
30. Arrive at location: 3, Kasturba Rd

Congratulations !!
You did it !!👍💐

Keep pedalling !

Let me know by Friday 9 am , latest, if you need a cycle. Vijay needs to know.

Ali Poonawala