Re: [For Sale ] Brand New - Giant Talon 0 29er

Message has been deleted

Sherl

Jun 21, 2016, 6:52:57 AM6/21/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

1. Thats a huge amount of money. Why should I even buy?
Ans. You wouldn't be reading this Question if you know what you get for the same amount of money at 2016. 2016 Talon 0 29er is no less than 150k and for the 66k and above this is what you get. Unfortunately no 29ers. Reputed hydro-formed frame alone will set you 40k with the present scene. Dial to you LBS and ask them to evaluate this deal. There was no trickle down in any of the listed components.

2. Can I bargain like hell?
Ans. No. Slight negotiation would be accepted from enthusiasts, certainly not to someone who opens their talk with bargain pitch. I'll get pissed, keep the bike myself and wait for someone to turn out instead of talking to you.

GB

Jun 22, 2016, 6:12:22 AM6/22/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
This is a 2012 Spec Bike. Talon went through a big changes in 2013 e.g. from 3*9 to 3*10. There are few others also.

On Monday, 20 June 2016 14:41:12 UTC+5:30, Sherl wrote:

Giant Talon 0 29er - L Size for sale. Would fit anyone with (5'8 to 6'1). Have used for less than 50kms for sure. Yes, fifty kilometers. This bike is completely built by Giant Taiwan, which stands for precision engineering and sheer excellence. Almost all the bikes sold in India are made in china.

I bought this bike keeping touring and trials in mind, but didn't take off due to work constraints till date and I'm putting it on sale finally. I have a Trek and Mongoose apart from the Giant which I use often. The Giant is kept sparingly without any no nicks or dents o scratch, I promise.

To offer a perspective, here goes the pricing in India from starkennbikes.com

2013 Talon 29er 2-v2 - 93k

2013 Talon 0  - 130k

Talon 0 29er falls in-between the above two bikes, Giant uses descending numbers in XC to define their top of the line products, so Talon 0 > 2 > 3 and 29er > 27.5er/650

Similar bike spec would set you 115k at present. Do note that the frame matters are lot over the components and you should read what are AluxX hydroformed frames before commenting on them.

This was a direct purchase from US Giant Bookoo which made a huge financial dent of 88k in my wallet.

It comes with AluxX hydroformed Taiwan frame which can take a lot of beating than your regular XCs and offers much stiffer ride, Rockshox Tk28, Avid Exilir 1, SRAM X5 RD (3x9) with exact actuation and Shimano Deore FD, FSA headset, Howitzer external BB system and what not? Everything is handpicked to be top notch even the miniscule cable housing is from Jagwire.

Specs of the bike and some more pics as well.

and it was reviewed as Top notch XC bike at 29er Online, TL;DR: climbs very well; with a stiff fork and good body positioning the Giant is excellent; the only one of the $1,000 test bikes that I noted the “in the bike” feeling that 29ers are known for; With a solid fork, you can feel the stiffness of the AluxX hydroformed frame; excellent response to its rider but it never felt nervous; At speed, it is very easy to put the bike where you want it. Confident, businesslike, with enough play to make it super fun!

I am expecting INR.76,000. Do remember the bike is completely new, still the assembly stickers are intact and so the parts. I am reachable at 09790415840.

Thanks much for reading out!

Vinay

Jun 22, 2016, 6:12:22 AM6/22/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Wow. That is a very wonderful bike. I have experienced a friend's Talon 1 couple of months back and I remember it handled everything I threw at it wonderfully. It was a world of difference from what I had with so far.

Why haven't you use it at all man? You just missed the beauty of this pure 29er.
By the way, any chance of selling it at (far) lesser than your asking price? I'm looking for a 29er and have almost finalized RockHopper and I can stretch my budget till 58000, and if it suits please reply back.

Again I love this machine but I'm constrained in the money front. I might sound creepy but do consider my offer.
Message has been deleted

Sherl

Jun 22, 2016, 6:37:09 AM6/22/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Give me some time. I'm already in talks with GB and if he doesn't takes it I'll ping you back. Thanks for the interest.

Vinay

Jun 22, 2016, 9:55:40 AM6/22/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
GB,
Can you please explain? I went through the specifications sheet and I noted that. 10S is not a deal breaker for me. Moreover it's Talon, not any cheap stuff and as the review said it's definitely a very good frame. I have experienced and I very much liked it.
I can always ride till I break and put new components as the frame can take all my beating. I've also used an Carbon SL and this is as much lighter to the carbon, so ideally I'm good with the bike.
For the record, at the price I'm looking it could fetch only a Spesh RH29er which is much inferior than this. If the seller gives at that price definitely I would be on the cloud nine GB.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sherl