Fwd: Opendro at TransAm

Sandeep

Jun 4, 2016, 12:31:11 PM6/4/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Opendro started the TransAm race today from Astoria, Oregon; along with about 60 other riders.

He can be tracked individually here and as part of the whole group here.

IMG_20160604_072513.jpg

Macks Ningombam

Jun 4, 2016, 6:42:09 PM6/4/16
to Sandeep, Bangalore Bikers Club
Thanks for sharing. Tracking him now...

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Venky

Jun 4, 2016, 7:57:41 PM6/4/16
to Sandeep, Bangalore Bikers Club
Thanks for sharing, Sandeep!

Looking forward to tracking this epic guy's epic adventure!

Go Cleated Warriors! Go Open! :-)

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016, 10:01 PM Sandeep <san...@gmail.com> wrote:

Opendro started the TransAm race today from Astoria, Oregon; along with about 60 other riders.

He can be tracked individually here and as part of the whole group here.

ashutosh tripathi

Jun 5, 2016, 12:43:39 AM6/5/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Thats awesome, will track Open.

berkeleydb

Jun 5, 2016, 7:21:16 AM6/5/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Oh wow... Best of luck to Open.

-{db}.

santosh kumar

Jun 8, 2016, 7:02:36 AM6/8/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
678.9 miles so far for Opendro! :)

Cheers
Santosh

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 4:51 PM, berkeleydb <dha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh wow... Best of luck to Open.

-{db}.

Ashok Kumar S

Jun 8, 2016, 7:06:25 AM6/8/16
to santosh kumar, berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Way to go Opendro!!!

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone

Pankaj

Jun 9, 2016, 6:49:30 AM6/9/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, santosh...@gmail.com, dha...@gmail.com
One of the guys on the race is missing since last 27 hrs
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=lee%20fancourt
Opendro is going strong nearly 800 Miles!! great going Open keep it up

Macks Ningombam

Jun 9, 2016, 8:53:10 AM6/9/16
to Pankaj, Bangalore Bikers Club, santosh...@gmail.com, dha...@gmail.com
Opendro just crossed 800 miles.
Prayers for more strength.

berkeleydb

Jun 9, 2016, 9:24:08 AM6/9/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Is there a quick way to check relative standings?  I think some riders are doing the ride in the opposite direction, so I think the relative positions may_not be immediately clear from the tracking screen.  (Though I think for now, none of the riders in the two directions have crossed.  May happen in the next day or two.)

-{db}.

Sandeep

Jun 9, 2016, 10:12:50 AM6/9/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club

Sort by Route Mile.

berkeleydb

Jun 9, 2016, 10:33:45 AM6/9/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Ok, thx.  Then it shows bunch of riders around ~1200mi-1300mi.  But one rider (Jerry Rush) at ~3500mi.  really?

-{db}.

Sort by Route Mile.

-{db}.

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 9, 2016, 10:44:31 AM6/9/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
The rider Jerry Rush seems to be in a different category (ITT, Rookie), Dhawal, and seems to have started 32 days ago. Open is in 'Group Start'.

/Prashanth

Macks Ningombam

Jun 9, 2016, 11:40:11 AM6/9/16
to Prashanth Chengi, berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Opendro was mentioning that Jerry guy was doing a trial of the tracking etc and has been out on the route for days ahead.

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 9, 2016, 12:17:13 PM6/9/16
to Macks Ningombam, berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
The missing rider, Lee Fancourt has been found alive, according to reports on his facebook page. No further reports at this time, but his tracker seems to be showing regular movement again. Looks like he's resumed biking.  These guys are tough as nails!

/Prashanth

Satya Balakrishnan

Jun 9, 2016, 10:42:45 PM6/9/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Opendro has covered 923 miles!! Which means he has breached the 1200km distance quite a while ago!!!

I have been following his progress keenly...

As I understand the rules of this pretty simple - no support car, completely self supported 4400miles .... finish it as fast as you can ... am I right?

Macks Ningombam

Jun 10, 2016, 1:52:44 AM6/10/16
to Satya Balakrishnan, Bangalore Bikers Club
Yep, that is pretty much it!

Opendrro just finished 960 miles. The climbs are on.
The next 1000 miles (!!) is a series of relentless climbs. After that it seems mostly downhill/flat.

Rishi Rao

Jun 10, 2016, 2:08:03 AM6/10/16
to Macks Ningombam, Satya Balakrishnan, Bangalore Bikers Club
Go Open! Kill the climbs!

Macks Ningombam

Jun 10, 2016, 9:45:40 AM6/10/16
to Rishi Rao, Satya Balakrishnan, Bangalore Bikers Club
1000 miles done and dusted !!!

berkeleydb

Jun 11, 2016, 12:53:28 AM6/11/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Open has covered ~1080mi, including quite a few of the climbs.  Current stats --

Current speed          14.1 mph
Route mile          1079.6 mi
Moving Time          4:06:41
Stopped Time          2:02:09
Moving Average Speed  10.5 mph
Current Elevation  6058 ft

Ride strong, Open.

-{db}.

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 7:15:40 PM UTC+5:30, Macks Ningombam wrote:
1000 miles done and dusted !!!

On Friday 10 June 2016, Rishi Rao <raj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Go Open! Kill the climbs!

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:12 AM, Satya Balakrishnan <satya.bal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Opendro has covered 923 miles!! Which means he has breached the 1200km distance quite a while ago!!!

I have been following his progress keenly...

As I understand the rules of this pretty simple - no support car, completely self supported 4400miles .... finish it as fast as you can ... am I right?

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

santosh kumar

Jun 14, 2016, 4:31:01 AM6/14/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Guys,

Our man has quit the race amid some illness... :(
Hope you don't quit cycling altogether!! We are proud of you!!

Cheers
Santosh

biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Rishi Rao

Jun 14, 2016, 5:17:29 AM6/14/16
to santosh kumar, berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Damn. Kudos to you, Open! Hope the symptoms are just that - symptoms!

Aravind M S

Jun 14, 2016, 6:46:00 AM6/14/16
to Rishi Rao, santosh kumar, Bangalore Bikers Club, berkeleydb

Very sad, indeed. Hope things are positive and don't put him off cycling.

Meera Velankar

Jun 14, 2016, 8:35:51 AM6/14/16
to Aravind M S, Rishi Rao, santosh kumar, Bangalore Bikers Club, berkeleydb
Gr8 show Opendro , we all know that you are made for great things.

Take care.

Ali Poonawala

Jun 14, 2016, 11:29:10 AM6/14/16
to Meera Velankar, santosh kumar, berkeleydb, Aravind M S, Rishi Rao, Bangalore Bikers Club

Let us team up for next year 😠?!!

Jayaprakash E

Jun 14, 2016, 2:58:12 PM6/14/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
We are proud of you Open!!!

Aravind M S

Jun 14, 2016, 11:04:20 PM6/14/16
to Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club

Absolutely!!!

On 15 Jun 2016 00:28, "Jayaprakash E" <jaya...@gmail.com> wrote:
We are proud of you Open!!!

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 15, 2016, 2:27:02 AM6/15/16
to Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Great news! Opendro underwent tests which gave him a clean bill of health.  His 'symptoms' were only due to the immense effort he's been putting in.  Even more of the good news is that he's decided to resume the ride! His status on trackleaders has gone back to 'Active' again. Our cleated warrior is expected to hit the road again, soon! This has been such an immense relief, and I'm sure it'll be so to many, many others here! Go Open Go!

/Prashanth

Ashok Kumar S

Jun 15, 2016, 2:28:48 AM6/15/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Awesome!!! Exactly the news I've been waiting for. Thanks Prashath, for this update!!!

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone

Aravind M S

Jun 15, 2016, 2:51:59 AM6/15/16
to Ashok Kumar S, Prashanth Chengi, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Truly awesome news. Thanks for updating Prashanth.

sandeep shet

Jun 15, 2016, 3:02:48 AM6/15/16
to Ashok Kumar S, Prashanth Chengi, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Awesome.. So happy to read the news.. All the best Opendro.. You have already made us proud. :) Made India Proud!!!

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Ashok Kumar S <s.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Regards,
Sandeep Shet

suman paul

Jun 15, 2016, 3:31:19 AM6/15/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club

Epic

thank you & regards

suman

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 15, 2016, 7:10:38 AM6/15/16
to suman paul, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
I've been anxiously watching trackleaders, to be able to report this!
Opendro is on the move again! He's added 7 miles to the 1521 that he'd ridden! :) Wishing him the very best of fortune, for the rest of the ride!

/Prashanth

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 15, 2016, 7:20:19 AM6/15/16
to suman paul, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Not only has he resumed, but he's also gone past a bunch of riders who'd moved ahead of him, when he was stationary. Two more riders (one single rider and a two-rider team) are about to get passed by Open, too. He's chugging ahead, full steam!

/Prashanth

sandeep shet

Jun 15, 2016, 7:41:35 AM6/15/16
to Prashanth Chengi, suman paul, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Looks like the test results have added more boost to his confidence :P

Pradeep Naidu

Jun 15, 2016, 7:45:04 AM6/15/16
to Sandeep Shet, Jayaprakash E, Opendro, suman paul, Prashanth Chengi, Bangalore Bikers Club, Aravind M S

Oh wow.. This is turning out to be an interesting episode... he will surely finish now.. All the best open sir....

Meera Velankar

Jun 15, 2016, 8:12:48 AM6/15/16
to Pradeep Naidu, Sandeep Shet, Jayaprakash E, Opendro, suman paul, Prashanth Chengi, Bangalore Bikers Club, Aravind M S
GR8 news!!

vivek

Jun 15, 2016, 8:41:03 AM6/15/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, suma...@me.com, aravind...@gmail.com, ope...@gmail.com, jaya...@gmail.com
That's a very wonderful news.

Go Opendro go...

Regards,
Vivek

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jun 15, 2016, 9:24:13 AM6/15/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
How did you get advance notice Prashanth?

But this is good

Chiddu

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 15, 2016, 9:38:02 AM6/15/16
to Chidambaran Subramanian, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Opendro's relative had posted a comment, giving an update,  on Open's fb post, Chiddu.

/Prashanth

santosh kumar

Jun 15, 2016, 10:01:01 AM6/15/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Happy tears!!! :')

Cheers
Santosh

Macks Ningombam

Jun 15, 2016, 11:45:28 AM6/15/16
to santosh kumar, Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Opendro seems be speeding now. I bet those riders whom he pass must be curious about his energy level 😂😂😂

Rahul Raj Dusa

Jun 15, 2016, 11:48:32 AM6/15/16
to santosh kumar, Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Awesome !!  :)

Cheers !

Rahul Raju Dusa

+91 9964234511

http://themeandthemine.wordpress.com/

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 15, 2016, 12:23:39 PM6/15/16
to Rahul Raj Dusa, santosh kumar, Chidambaran Subramanian, Aravind M S, Opendro Thoudam, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Open jumped two spots higher, while his competitors took a break at a local cafe. Open too stopped, I think, but for a very brief time. After the next 500 miles, he won't be bothered by any steep climbs for a long time!

/Prashanth

Rishi Rao

Jun 15, 2016, 8:17:47 PM6/15/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, santosh kumar, Opendro Thoudam, Rahul Raj Dusa, Jayaprakash E, Aravind M S, Bangalore Bikers Club

Open is pumped!

Satya Balakrishnan

Jun 15, 2016, 8:47:56 PM6/15/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I have been following his progress keenly... was disappointed that he had to quit ... but thrilled that he has resumed!!! Not only has he covered more than 100 miles, but has also gained nearly 2000 ft since he resumed!!! More power to him!!!

O p e n d r o

Jun 15, 2016, 8:54:19 PM6/15/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Jayaprakash E, Aravind M S, Bangalore Bikers Club

You guys are amazing. You follow quitter too. Climb was never a problem. I had having stomach problem from day 1 especially after carb and sugar meal and snacks. Used to flush out through urine and bonk 3 to 5 hour. I thought I got diabetes until the tests. Stomach pain had frightened me.

Taking easy for two days. My problem seemed like sodium imbalance. Changed the electrolyte,  eager to test snacks as I'm feeling really good for the first time. No turning back now.

Surprisingly my wife didn't want me to quit hastily even though I quit for family sake. Sandeep Teddy has been a tremendous guide on randonneuring. He never agreed that I could develop diabetes suddenly and gave possible causes. He also wanted me to rest and see. Wonderful people I have :)

Thanks for all the blessings.

# Opendro

Macks Ningombam

Jun 15, 2016, 10:10:26 PM6/15/16
to O p e n d r o, Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Jayaprakash E, Aravind M S, Bangalore Bikers Club
Extremely glad to hear this update. This is the Opendro we know!! Strong ride, strong finish👍👍👍

Venky

Jun 16, 2016, 12:35:53 AM6/16/16
to O p e n d r o, Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Jayaprakash E, Aravind M S, Bangalore Bikers Club
Glad to hear things are rolling smoothly again, Open!

Sandeep Teddy hahaha.. Yeah, I know he is as adorable as a teddy bear, but I'm guessing this was autocorrect at work. ;)

Sandeep is one of the sanest people I have met and I agree with him.

I am just glad that it is just a case of you taking even psychosomatism to extremes(like you do with your cycling) and that you don't have any illnesses you thought you had. :)
Cheers,
Venky
govenkygo.com

muditsethi

Jun 16, 2016, 3:25:20 AM6/16/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, prashant...@gmail.com, chi...@gmail.com, santosh...@gmail.com, rahulr...@gmail.com, jaya...@gmail.com, aravind...@gmail.com
Bravo  :)

Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

Jun 16, 2016, 4:27:36 AM6/16/16
to Opendro, Jayaprakash E, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, Bangalore Bikers Club, Aravind M S

Da Open,

Best wishes from Manipur......We are proud of you...

Basant.

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 16, 2016, 8:08:17 AM6/16/16
to Basanta Kr. Bhattarai, Opendro, Jayaprakash E, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Chidambaran Subramanian, Bangalore Bikers Club, Aravind M S
Opendro seems to have undercut his competitors at the stop! He's opened (!) up a 20+ mile lead on riders who were ahead of him yesterday!
Go! Open Go!

/Prashanth

Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

Jun 16, 2016, 11:42:47 PM6/16/16
to Prashanth Chengi, santosh kumar, Jayaprakash E, Rahul Raj Dusa, Chidambaran Subramanian, Opendro, Aravind M S, Bangalore Bikers Club

1762.7 miles...status active.....:)

berkeleydb

Jun 17, 2016, 4:15:42 AM6/17/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Wow... awesome to know Opendro has resumed the ride, & to see a post from Opendro himself. Go Open!

Was very sad to hear Open had quit, at a point where the elevation profile showed he had covered a large portion of the climbs. Now hopefully he can cover the remaining climb sections soon, & then get into descents / rolling terrains for a long stretch.

Best of luck Open. Ride strong.

-{db}.

Macks Ningombam

Jun 17, 2016, 5:44:25 AM6/17/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
1800 miles done and dusted.
Another ~110 miles to reach the highest elevation!!

Arvind Ganesh

Jun 17, 2016, 6:13:14 AM6/17/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Opendro Thoudam
Awesome spirit and great progress Opendro! Kudos!
-Arvind

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jun 17, 2016, 6:49:38 AM6/17/16
to Arvind Ganesh, Bangalore Bikers Club, Opendro Thoudam
Once he reaches the mid-west plains its apparently all tailwinds.

Regards
Chiddu

O p e n d r o

Jun 17, 2016, 7:39:06 AM6/17/16
to Venky Bikey, Chidambaran Subramanian, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Prashanth Chengi, Aravind M S, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club

Thanks Venky. My digestive system does have problem. I just can't figure out. It is a pain after every meal. I will keep going if it is nothing serious.  That is all.

O p e n d r o

Jun 17, 2016, 7:42:17 AM6/17/16
to Arvind Ganesh, Bangalore Bikers Club

I'm emailing to drowsiness. I have booked a hostel bed at 11am to get some sleep before the highest summit. Weather is frozen.

Macks Ningombam

Jun 17, 2016, 7:51:33 AM6/17/16
to O p e n d r o, Arvind Ganesh, Bangalore Bikers Club
Hope you get some good sleep and your stomach gets better.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jun 17, 2016, 8:48:22 AM6/17/16
to Arvind Ganesh, Bangalore Bikers Club, Opendro Thoudam

Steffen Streich has built a 100 mile lead now

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jun 17, 2016, 8:49:10 AM6/17/16
to O p e n d r o, Venky Bikey, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Prashanth Chengi, Aravind M S, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
Take enough rest. I think that will make you okay

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 17, 2016, 9:03:20 AM6/17/16
to Chidambaran Subramanian, O p e n d r o, Venky Bikey, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Aravind M S, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
There's been a lot of drama, up and down the order, but few stories emerge, unless we happen to follow the riders' personal pages.  Another rider who's had a lot of bad luck is Lee Fancourt, the guy who'd gone missing for over 27 hrs, after he'd slept off out of sheer exhaustion. He'd regained a number of positions before his second stroke of bad luck; a highly vendor-specific RD hanger on his bike broke, leaving him stranded. An attempt to single-speed the bike didn't go well either, and he remained stranded for over two days, waiting for the part to arrive.  It just goes to show that not only does a participant on a ride like TCR or TABR need to be a superb athlete, but also needs to be very experienced as a bike mechanic. The ability to make spot repairs that'll last till you get replacement parts can often be the difference between a DNF and a successful finish.  Our man Open fortunately ticks all the boxes, but I wish him a trouble free remainder of the ride during which he'll hopefully not have to demonstrate his bike mechanic skills.  Go! Open Go!

/Prashanth

Macks Ningombam

Jun 17, 2016, 9:07:11 AM6/17/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, O p e n d r o, Venky Bikey, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Aravind M S, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
+1

Aravind M S

Jun 17, 2016, 9:23:18 AM6/17/16
to Macks Ningombam, Prashanth Chengi, Bangalore Bikers Club, Chidambaran Subramanian, santosh kumar, O p e n d r o, Rahul Raj Dusa, Jayaprakash E, Venky Bikey

+1

Ashok Kumar S

Jun 17, 2016, 9:25:05 AM6/17/16
to Macks Ningombam, Prashanth Chengi, Chidambaran Subramanian, O p e n d r o, Venky Bikey, santosh kumar, Rahul Raj Dusa, Aravind M S, Jayaprakash E, Bangalore Bikers Club
I have no doubts that Opendro will pull this off. He is the guy.

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone

berkeleydb

Jun 19, 2016, 5:50:55 AM6/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
For such long unsupported rides, so many factors are at play, & riders may face just about any challenge. The various stories / reports are showing that. It's really special, what all these riders have set out on. Best wishes to all of them.

Open -- good to see your emails. Hope you get good rest & you feel better. Best of luck.

-{db}.

Macks Ningombam

Jun 19, 2016, 5:54:25 AM6/19/16
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
So true. These guys are a class apart.

Open, so glad to see your recent progress. Seems like you are managing everything better now and catching up quite well.

santosh kumar

Jun 19, 2016, 2:11:34 PM6/19/16
to Macks Ningombam, berkeleydb, BBC

I was wondering if we could have a small meet up once open is back home. There must be a lot of tales to share...

Sitting here and following them on Facebook and other sources is itself so thrilling. I mean a biker looses her bike, and another one looses himself for almost a day. People lose track and pedal so many miles before realising that they are off the target.

I wonder how it would be, coming from the horse's mouth.

Ali Poonawala

Jun 19, 2016, 10:28:00 PM6/19/16
to santosh kumar, Macks Ningombam, Sharath Chandar, berkeleydb, bangalore...@gmail.com

Excellent proposition
Seconded heartily!
Ali

Venkatesan Ramachandran

Jun 20, 2016, 12:13:28 AM6/20/16
to Ali Poonawala, santosh kumar, Macks Ningombam, Sharath Chandar, berkeleydb, bangalore...@gmail.com
He has crossed 2190miles and riding strong.. Awesome!!

Ashok Kumar S

Jun 20, 2016, 12:23:57 AM6/20/16
to Venkatesan Ramachandran, Ali Poonawala, santosh kumar, Macks Ningombam, Sharath Chandar, berkeleydb, bangalore...@gmail.com
Actually we should organise a grand welcome and get good media publicity as well. He is the first INDIAN out there, right?

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone

Prashant Sharma

Jun 20, 2016, 1:09:55 AM6/20/16
to Ashok Kumar S, Venkatesan Ramachandran, Ali Poonawala, santosh kumar, Macks Ningombam, Sharath Chandar, berkeleydb, bangalore...@gmail.com
Open has now completed 50% of the ride. he has covered 2200+ miles.

Go Open Go...

Ali Poonawala

Jun 20, 2016, 1:40:29 AM6/20/16
to Prashant Sharma, bangalore...@gmail.com, Macks Ningombam, santosh kumar, berkeleydb, Ashok Kumar S, Sharath Chandar, Venkatesan Ramachandran

Hi friends !
Let's do it cricket style !
Gather at airport
Receive him at airport ..
Let him ride home in car/bike as he feels comfortable..while we ride our bikes..
No function that day except garlanding ..but one to be done on a nice scale once he has recovered..
Let us do it !

Ali

suman paul

Jun 20, 2016, 6:32:22 AM6/20/16
to Ali Poonawala, Prashant Sharma, bangalore...@gmail.com, Macks Ningombam, santosh kumar, berkeleydb, Ashok Kumar S, Sharath Chandar, Venkatesan Ramachandran

Opendro is a person like a rose which doesn't announce it's arrival but the aura informs.

thank you & regards

suman

Satya Balakrishnan

Jun 20, 2016, 7:44:11 AM6/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Half way through!!! Glad all climbs are behind him!!! Wishing him all the luck to complete!!! I end up checking his progress every few hours :-)

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 20, 2016, 8:42:50 AM6/20/16
to suman paul, Ali Poonawala, Prashant Sharma, bangalore...@gmail.com, Macks Ningombam, santosh kumar, berkeleydb, Ashok Kumar S, Sharath Chandar, Venkatesan Ramachandran
Suman, after long rides, it's the stink of the sweat-soaked jerseys that announces the arrival of bikers, but I like your rose analogy better! :D :D

/Prashanth

Meera Velankar

Jun 20, 2016, 9:45:19 AM6/20/16
to Prashanth Chengi, suman paul, Ali Poonawala, Prashant Sharma, bangalore...@gmail.com, Macks Ningombam, santosh kumar, berkeleydb, Ashok Kumar S, Sharath Chandar, Venkatesan Ramachandran
When Mahajan brothers finished RAAM , people distributed sugar using elephant in my hometown Nashik.
What are we doing Bangalore ?? for super celeb..Open the gr8!!

Parag

Jun 25, 2016, 5:34:52 AM6/25/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Open has done 3056 Miles already, and is just about to cross the Mighty Missisippi river.
http://trackleaders.com/transam16i.php?name=Thoudam_Opendro_Singh

The rest of the distance should hopefully be a simple ride, with no climbs.

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 26, 2016, 5:41:36 PM6/26/16
to Parag, Opendro Thoudam, Bangalore Bikers Club
Pictures of Open, courtesy Trans Am Bike Race!
If you needed any more reasons to call this man a legend, here are two more:
No cleats, no carbon bike.. Floaters and a BTwin Sport1.

/Prashanth

--
DSC_0241.jpg
DSC_0235.jpg

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jun 26, 2016, 9:41:25 PM6/26/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Parag, Opendro Thoudam, Bangalore Bikers Club
BTwin Sport 1 is a legend.

Regards
Chiddu

Macks Ningombam

Jun 26, 2016, 11:30:55 PM6/26/16
to Chidambaran Subramanian, Prashanth Chengi, Parag, Opendro Thoudam, Bangalore Bikers Club
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Amazing. Loved the last one with the big smile inspite of the sufferfest he has endured.  What motivation.

Rishi Rao

Jun 27, 2016, 12:44:00 AM6/27/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Parag, Opendro Thoudam, Bangalore Bikers Club
I love the fact that he is riding with floaters!

Ashok Kumar S

Jun 27, 2016, 1:51:51 AM6/27/16
to Rishi Rao, Prashanth Chengi, Parag, Opendro Thoudam, Bangalore Bikers Club
No worries about rains and wet shoes and socks. Awesome!!!

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone

Aravind M S

Jun 27, 2016, 2:36:28 AM6/27/16
to Ashok Kumar S, Opendro, Prashanth Chengi, Parag, Rishi Rao, Bangalore Bikers Club

Truly legendary

O p e n d r o

Jun 27, 2016, 4:45:06 AM6/27/16
to Chidambaran Subramanian, Prashanth Chengi, Parag, Bangalore Bikers Club

The most abuse friendly bike :)
BTW, toughest section so far was Missouri. Today, I'll be doing the toughest section of the entire course. Some 25k feet elevation gain in just about 300 miles. Hope, the weather is good :)

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 27, 2016, 4:48:06 AM6/27/16
to O p e n d r o, Chidambaran Subramanian, Parag, Bangalore Bikers Club
Go Open Go!!!! We are all rooting for you!

/Prashanth

Ashok Kumar S

Jun 27, 2016, 4:48:56 AM6/27/16
to O p e n d r o, Chidambaran Subramanian, Prashanth Chengi, Parag, Bangalore Bikers Club
All the best, Opendro! Enjoy! Have fun!
Thanks and regards,
Ashok Kumar S.

Parag Patankar

Jun 27, 2016, 4:50:34 AM6/27/16
to O p e n d r o, Chidambaran Subramanian, Prashanth Chengi, Bangalore Bikers Club
Enjoy the climbs !
We will keep checking your progress, and willing you on.

Karthikeyan B

Jun 27, 2016, 5:04:25 AM6/27/16
to Parag Patankar, O p e n d r o, Chidambaran Subramanian, Prashanth Chengi, Bangalore Bikers Club
All the best my Friend! You can do it! You gonna do it!

Sayi RamaKrishna

Jun 27, 2016, 8:47:37 AM6/27/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Bangalor...@googlegroups.com
As of now he has done 3469 mi and has 801 more to cover. Expecting he may finish by end of month

Mohammad Rafi Shaik

Jun 28, 2016, 3:44:19 PM6/28/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Bangalor...@googlegroups.com

3673.8 mi done, You are awesome. 152.1 mi/day, super endurance ... Last few more miles, go Opendro goo.

with regards
Mohammad Rafi

Sandeep

Jun 28, 2016, 9:57:59 PM6/28/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Open has crossed into Virginia, the last state in the race, and needs to get over the Appalachian mountains, the last climbs before the finish.

Rishi Rao

Jun 28, 2016, 11:41:10 PM6/28/16
to Sandeep, Bangalore Bikers Club
Fantastic work, Open!

On 29 June 2016 at 07:27, Sandeep <san...@gmail.com> wrote:
Open has crossed into Virginia, the last state in the race, and needs to get over the Appalachian mountains, the last climbs before the finish.

Sayi RamaKrishna

Jun 29, 2016, 1:38:39 AM6/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Just 530 more miles... in another 3 more days ?? excited for the finish.

sandeep shet

Prashanth Chengi

Jun 29, 2016, 3:15:33 AM6/29/16
to sandeep shet, Opendro Thoudam, Sayi RamaKrishna, Bangalore Bikers Club
Though this is a fully self-supported ride, the fact is many of the riders are sponsored; they've got great equipment, financial support etc. The fact that Open is out there, all by himself, on what he terms 'an abuse friendly bike', is just amazing, and he's not all that far behind even some sponsored riders. It seems like a modern take on 'Slow and steady wins the race'.  I watched the documentary, 'Inspired to Ride', which is really, really beautiful, and I'm happy to recommend it to any fellow biker.  The concept of a ride that allows normal people without big name sponsors to ride and compete, in such a long ride, for nothing more than the joy of getting to the finish (perhaps ahead of others), is really great, and it's very heartening to know that Opendro is out there, holding our flag high.

/Prashanth

Pradeep Naidu

Jun 29, 2016, 6:03:07 AM6/29/16
to Prashanth Chengi, Opendro, Sandeep Shet, Bangalore Bikers Club, Sayi RamaKrishna

What bike he is on?

Rishi Rao

Jun 29, 2016, 6:08:56 AM6/29/16
to Pradeep Naidu, Prashanth Chengi, Opendro, Sandeep Shet, Bangalore Bikers Club, Sayi RamaKrishna
Btwin Sport 1

Aravind M S

Jun 29, 2016, 6:44:31 AM6/29/16
to Rishi Rao, Pradeep Naidu, Prashanth Chengi, Opendro, Sandeep Shet, Bangalore Bikers Club, Sayi RamaKrishna
Another 437 more miles away from the heroic finish.
It is loading more messages.