Air pollution mask

Sathyaraj Raju

Aug 24, 2016, 2:23:45 AM8/24/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi,

I often commute to work crossing the highly polluted areas like sarjapur, Bellandur, Marathalli, Whitefield during peak times and I have been struggling to find one comfortable air mask I can wear to avoid the dust and pollution to a great extent. Can anyone suggest some good ones please.

Thanks
Sathya

Sathyaraj Raju

Aug 24, 2016, 2:28:43 AM8/24/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I found this one in Amazon. Any suggestions on this? How effective is this

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B017D0LGYS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Thanks
Sathya

muralidhar dixit

Aug 24, 2016, 2:43:14 AM8/24/16
to Sathyaraj Raju, Bangalore Bikers Club
Supposed to be best but expensive

http://respro.com/pollution-masks

Best Regards,
Murali
> --
> biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>
> are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
> Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
> ---

muralidhar dixit

Aug 24, 2016, 2:44:03 AM8/24/16
to Sathyaraj Raju, Bangalore Bikers Club
This blog gives you detailed analysis of different masks

http://totobobo.com/blog/2012/07/anti-pollution-masks-review-respratotoboboneomask/

Best Regards,
Murali

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Sathyaraj Raju

Chidambaran Subramanian

Opendro

Aug 25, 2016, 1:11:34 AM8/25/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Bellundur area ORR is a mess in peak hours. I feel sorry for you!

santosh kumar

Aug 25, 2016, 5:04:56 AM8/25/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
But cycling is definitely a faster option on that route! :)

Cheers
Santosh

Jayanth Manklu

Aug 28, 2016, 11:54:31 AM8/28/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi!

Using 3M NIOSH certified N95 disposable masks since an year for my motorbike rides, i used to have a bit of uneasiness in breathing, after using them it has solved. There are several models of the same available you can choose (higher the price, more number of times you can wear), they are available at amazon. More info https://aqicn.org/mask/

Ram

Aug 29, 2016, 12:57:49 PM8/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I have been riding thrice a week from Marathahalli to Koramangala on ORR for nearly a year now. Before this, it used to be Marathahalli to RMZ Infinity through Tin Factory. I have tried almost all the masks available in the market, Neomask, Neomask lookalikes, Respra, Respro, and when I started commuting by bike (between Whitefield and Wipro Sarjapur), I started out with the 3M's.

Over the last 3 months I have been using Totobobo, and believe me, once you use this mask, there's no going back. Compared to the next best option, the Neomask, this doesn't fog the goggles, doesn't become a nasty sweat drenched rag after a hard commute, dries out very quickly and super easy to clean. Pricey, but for someone who commutes atleast thrice a week in one of the heaviest traffic zones in Bangalore, it's well worth it. The Neomask was good, but airflow is restricted quite quickly due to sweating. Also, it's nasty to wear in the evening ride back because it doesn't dry out completely so soon.

Do try out Totobobo, you won't regret it.

berkeleydb

Aug 29, 2016, 7:26:32 PM8/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I used the totobobo mask (the one that does_not cover the nose, & requires one to inhale through the mouth) briefly, few years back. Found it a bit uncomfortable. Cannot say much about how good the protection was... but could see the filters were getting dark. :)

I think if one is riding regulaly in heavy traffic, putting up with the discomfort of that mask is probably well worth the benefits.

-{db}.

Ram

Aug 29, 2016, 7:37:23 PM8/29/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I have never used the half mask..if one may call that. I have used the Totobobo full face and it's more comfortable than say Neomask.

Sanju K P

Aug 30, 2016, 11:05:03 AM8/30/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I am using 3M 9004V for last one year. One mask will last for 2 weeks to one month depending on your usage. I usually buy pack of 10 from amazon for ~450 Rs

shyam

Sep 8, 2016, 9:23:11 AM9/8/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I have a medium size neomask that I purchased at BOTS a couple of months ago but have never used it. I paid Rs. 1250 for it but can sell it for 1,000 if anyone wants to buy it. I have NEVER used it so it is as good as new, burnout in its original packaging. Please Sms me on 96111 03531.

Arun

Sep 13, 2016, 8:55:38 AM9/13/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I recommend using Neomask. I have been using for my commute from HSR to Whitefield for the past 6 months.

Regards,
Arun