guidance for buying a cycle

Narasimhan S

Oct 12, 2017, 10:17:33 PM10/12/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi all
I am 65yrs ! & planning cycling now !!   also wd like to join organised group cycling..
thought of initially going for a 2nd hand cycle..
looking forward for suggestions/guidance from you all ..
Thx
Narsimhan

santosh kumar

Oct 13, 2017, 1:28:09 PM10/13/17
to Narasimhan S, BBC
Hi Uncle (if I may call you that :) ),

Do you have a budget in mind? Would help in making the suggestion.

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Sudhir Pai

Oct 14, 2017, 12:37:50 AM10/14/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Narasimhanji

65 is best age to do cycling!

Here is the detailed answer to selection
http://mayankrungta.in/posts/getting-started-with-biking/

Where do you stay? This will help some one from this group near your home to meet you. If you happen to stay near BTM/JP nagar or South blore, I can help you. Please share/email your ph. no.

What's your height? This is most important factor to get the right size frame/cycle.

Hope this is useful.

Sanath Kumar S D

Oct 14, 2017, 7:11:13 PM10/14/17
to Sudhir Pai, Bangalore Bikers Club
Dear Sir,

Welcome to the new world of Cycling.

I am one of the daily commuters  and long distance cyclists. I live in Kaggadasapura.

I am ready to give a company on your weekend rides.

Thanks - Sanath

Narasimhan S

Oct 15, 2017, 11:36:50 AM10/15/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi friends

thx for all the suggestions/guidance..
i must say these ve been more than helpful and v encouraging..
further as suggested i had been to Decathlon,wheel sports & BOT Jaynagar etc & have more or less decided on hybrid  (specialized or Merida)
great interacting with you all
thx once again
Narsimhan

Narasimhan S

Narasimhan S

Oct 16, 2017, 6:26:52 AM10/16/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Thx a lot Sudhir ...
I live in Hoskere halli cross v near giri nagar police station..
My ht 5ft 7.5 in ..
I ve gone through the link & interacted wt Mayank too..
Thx once again..
Regards
Narsimhan

Sudhir Pai

Oct 16, 2017, 7:44:33 AM10/16/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Great to hear you are taking informed decisions. Hope you get your favorite cycle and experience the best of rides.

Do post here for any help.