Chinese bike share graveyard a monument to industry's 'arrogance' | World news | The Guardian

Mayank Rungta

Nov 29, 2017, 9:20:58 PM11/29/17
to BBC, GGI Group, Cycling And More

Goutham Sridhar

Nov 30, 2017, 12:37:50 AM11/30/17
to Mayank Rungta, BBC, GGI Group, Cycling And More
They would have donated to the place they would have used instead of scrapping it right ??

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Mayank Rungta <mr....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

GOUTHAM B.S
9945940748

Alex J V

Nov 30, 2017, 12:41:27 AM11/30/17
to Goutham Sridhar, Mayank Rungta, BBC, GGI Group, Cycling And More
Do you think bike sharing in India would work? Would you pick up a shared bike?

Alex

Alex J V
@alexjv89
Recommendations from domain experts - www.highlyreco.com

Goutham Sridhar

Nov 30, 2017, 1:08:47 AM11/30/17
to Alex J V, Mayank Rungta, BBC, GGI Group, Cycling And More
ya sure we are ready to use it . Already we have some of the companies renting out the bikes.

Goutham
--
GOUTHAM B.S
9945940748

Mayank Rungta

Nov 30, 2017, 1:22:02 AM11/30/17
to Goutham Sridhar, Alex J V, BBC, GGI Group, Cycling And More
Most of the bike sharing efforts have failed. Let's see if PEDL works.

One interesting initiative in Delhi was using the bike park to erect hoardings on top. The revenue from the ADs from the bike share program. The bikes eventually faded out of the radar...
मयंक  रुंगटा
--

#MustWatch A Blade of Grass - an amazing talk by Anju Venkat

Goutham Sridhar

Nov 30, 2017, 1:27:50 AM11/30/17
to Mayank Rungta, Alex J V, BBC, GGI Group, Cycling And More
ya Mayank in Bangalore also we have PEDL but its there in only one place HSR Layout . If its there all over Bangalore it was Good. may be they are doing this on Pilot basis i think

Goutham

--

---

GOUTHAM B.S
9945940748

Opendro

Dec 6, 2017, 6:30:06 AM12/6/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I think you guys missed the other important news http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41197341 (Beijing bans shared bikes)

For the very same reasons, it will never work in India too. Unless we make some concerted effort to regulate and improve cycling infrastructure, it will never work. Imagine, if (a big IF) even a 1% of the Bangalore traffic were cyclists, the kind of chaos it will create. Most riders can just ride straight, leave alone navigating through main traffic. Mixing cyclists along with main traffic is a big hazard. Till now, it is mostly okay because only the enthusiastic folks ride and most of them are pretty good for the city traffic.

For China, it became serious as people don't leave cycles in appropriate places. So, it was a matter of time before the programme gets killed. Because, killing is easier than making the infrastructure.