Biking to work in this weather/roads/etc

66 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Chidambaran Subramanian

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 8:02:01 a.m.14/10/17
para GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club),Bangalore Bikers Club
How many peoiple in this group still bike to work everyday (or most days) despite (or because of ) the rain and road conditions in Bangalore?

I do, and my distance is reasonably non-trivial.

Regards
Chiddu

Sudhir Pai

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 9:00:06 a.m.14/10/17
para Bangalore Bikers Club
Haven't rode cycle for last couple of weeks.
I have a motorbike which makes me lazy.

However I have cycled to work (BTM to Indiranagar) on most part in Sept even on rainy days.

santosh kumar

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 1:11:24 p.m.14/10/17
para Sudhir Pai,BBC
I still do, most of the days. I carry raincoat all the time in my backpack. When it rains and the traffic comes to a halt, I can still keep moving on my bike.

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

santosh kumar

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 1:12:28 p.m.14/10/17
para Sudhir Pai,BBC
Distance, it is about 12k one way.

Parag Patankar

no leída,
15 oct 2017, 8:14:53 a.m.15/10/17
para Chidambaran Subramanian,bangalore-bikers,GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
I do,  just 9 km each way, in T and Shorts, no shower facility in the startup co-working space, take a raincoat for drizzly mornings. Prefer to enjoy the rain in the evening, laptop/wallet/phone is safe in 2 ziploc layers. Earlier at Cisco used to shower at work, was 17 km each way, and did not carry a raincoat.

sandeep shet

no leída,
15 oct 2017, 10:54:28 a.m.15/10/17
para Parag Patankar,Chidambaran Subramanian,bangalore-bikers,GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
I do almost 15 kms each way. There is shower facility at office, but i use a wet towel to clean. No raincoat. Prefer to get wet :)
I get wet any way, either by rain or by sweat, so makes no sense to carry a raincoat.
Have plastic covers for laptop inside my bag and also for change of clothes.

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com
---

Regards,
Sandeep Shet
+91 9986122862

Hari Krishna

no leída,
15 oct 2017, 11:05:21 a.m.15/10/17
para sandeep shet,bangalor...@googlegroups.com,Chidambaran Subramanian,GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club),Parag Patankar
I bike 11-15 km each way (depends on which branch of the company I'm headed). I don't carry a laptop. So pretty lightweight and rain-resistant.

Kumar Pratyush

no leída,
18 oct 2017, 2:33:56 a.m.18/10/17
para Bangalore Bikers Club
I have had terrible experience these past couple of weeks. To set the context, I ride 21 kms one way (Bannerghatta road to Marathahalli).
Last to last week, as I left office, it started pouring heavily. Even though the bag had rain cover, some water did seep inside and went into my laptop. That ruined the laptop and since it was water damage, Apple refused to repair it under warranty and I ended up shelling 28K.
Adding agony to my troubles, next day, a bike swerved left to avoid a pothole and rammed into me. I fell and scraped my knees badly. The biker stopped momentarily and then sped away as I looked on in absolute shock.

Needless to say, I have stopped cycling for the time being.

I do love riding in rains, but the incessant rains and the potholes have been dangerous and few people make it worse.

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 5:32:01 PM UTC+5:30, Chidambaran S( Chiddu) wrote:

Sudhir Pai

no leída,
18 oct 2017, 11:33:53 p.m.18/10/17
para Bangalore Bikers Club
Sorry Pratyush to hear your plight. Bad happens when its none of your fault. Hope rain gods show some mercy soon. Please continue to enjoy rides.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos