Let's Rock the House!

Bostonm...@aol.com

Mar 20, 2016, 10:46:45 AM3/20/16
Howdy Neighbors!  Please consider coming to the Boston Minstrel's 25th Annual Fundraiser.  All the details below!  The Minstrels provide energetic and hopeful music to Boston's under served.  This is going to be an amazing party!  We would love your support!  Gratefully, Tim McHale

To Purchase Tickets click here:  www.bostonminstrel.org

Anthony D'Isidoro

Mar 24, 2016, 12:31:31 AM3/24/16
to Anthony D'Isidoro

Did You Know?

Did you know that Emma Walters has officially succeeded Alana Olsen as Executive Director of Allston Village Main Streets?

Did you know that effective immediately, due to unforeseen circumstances, The Fresh Truck will be unable to continue their produce market at PSF Community Center?   Stay tuned for updates on the launch of the Oak Square Farmers Market at PSF Coming Soon!

Did you know The Boston Minstrels will be hosting their 25th annual fundraiser in April?  Check-out their flyer below.

Updates

Pop-Up Art Gallery
POP Allston
Friday, March 25, 2016 @8:00 pm
Over 15 artists of different mediums will be exhibiting their work along with live music and beer/wine.  This event is a great opportunity to meet some up and coming local artist as well as support the Boston Arts Community.
POP Allston
89 Brighton Ave, Allston

Boston Creates Town Hall
Boston Arts & Culture
Monday, March 28, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
Over the past year, we've spoken to thousands of individuals who live, work and create in the City of Boston.  We asked about you vision and priorities for arts and culture in the City.  Many of you weighed in and gave us valuable feedback.  We reviewed and analyzed the data we collected and worked closely with the Steering Committee and the Leadership Council to create the goals and strategies that will shape the cultural plan.
On Monday night at the Town Hall, we plan to share these goals and strategies with you.  We want to know if they resonate with you and we'll be asking for your feedback s we look to prioritize the goals.
Please take a moment to RSVP at www.bostoncreates.eventbrite.com
Bunker Hill Community College
250 New Rutherford Ave, Boston

Boston City Council
Committee on Government Operations
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 @ 1:00 pm
Order accepting the provisions of the Massachusetts Community Preservation Act
Christopher A Iannella Chamber
5th Floor
Boston City Hall
Written comments may be made part of the record and available to all Councilors by sending them by e-mail to: christine...@boston.gov refer to Docket #0272
To view Boston City Council hearings live, tune in to Comcast Channel 8 and RCN Channel 82.  You can also view it live and online at http://www.cityofboston.gov/citycouncil/live.asp (except off-site hearings)

Get Paid: Arts & Culture Grants for Allston-Brighton
Harvard Ed Portal
Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Calling artists, creatives, and cultural workers!
Learn about opportunities to get your work funded.  Refreshments will be served.
Harvard Ed Portal
224 Western Ave, Allston

BRA/EDIC Board Meeting
Boston Redevelopment Authority
Thursday, March 17, 2016, 3:30pm - 7:30 pm
One City Hall Square
9th Floor, Room 900
To view BRA/EDIC Board Meetings live, tune into Comcast Channel 24 and RCN Channel 13.  You can also view it live and online at
http://www.cityofboston.gov/cable/live.asp

Minutes/Scheduling

2. Request authorization to schedule a Public Hearing on April 14, 2016 at 5:30 p.m., or at a date and time to be determined by the Director, to consider the Third Institutional Master Plan Amendment to the Boston University Charles River Campus 2013-2023 Institutional Master Plan.  (Approved)

5. Request authorization to schedule a Public Hearing on April 14, 2016 at 6:00 p.m., or at a date and time to be determined by the Director, to consider the First Amendment to the Harvard University Institutional Master Plan Amendment for the Notice of Project Change for the Science and Engineering Complex; and, to consider the Science and Engineering Complex as a Development Impact Project.  (Approved)

Public Hearings - Open To Public Testimony

25. 5:30 p.m.: Request authorization to approve the Development Plan within Planned Development Area No. 87 — Boston Landing for the Residential Project located at 125 Guest Street, Brighton; to petition the Zoning Commission for approval of Development Plan; to issue a Scoping Determination waiving further review pursuant to Section 80B-5.3(d) of the Zoning Code for 295 residential units with 38 IDP units, 16,000 square feet of ground floor retail space, 155 parking spaces and covered storage for 300 bicycles; and, to take all related actions.  The development team presented a history of Boston Landing and specifically this project.  Key points: Working with the IAG, the development team addressed the concern over density and took design steps to make the building more compact.  38 affordable units.  Commuter rail station to be completed 1st quarter 2017.  The skating rink/office building to be completed September 2016.  The residential building to begin this summer with a early summer 2018 completion.  Anabela Gomes and Dan Daly, members of the IAG, Building Trades, Carpenters, Plumbers & Fitters, Electricians all spoke in favor.  There was no opposition expressed.  The Board asked about any outstanding community concerns.  The development team acknowledged that the community would like to fast track improvements to Western Ave, Birmingham Pkwy, Soldiers Field Rd intersection.  Expressed interest in participating with all the stake holders but funding would not be forth coming until the completion of the final phase of Boston Landing.  (Approved)

27. 6:00 p.m.: Request authorization to issue an Adequacy Determination pursuant to Article 80D-5.4 and Section 80D-9.2 of the Zoning Code for the approval of the second amendment to the Institutional Master Plan for Harvard University's Allston campus for the construction of the Life Lab building located on Western Avenue; to approve the Life Lab as a Development Impact Project; and, to take all related actions.  The development team presented a history of the project and the community process that took place.  The Board was interested in the future of the building after its 5-10 year life cycle.  The development team raised the possibility of repurposing the building and moving it somewhere else or simply taking it down.  The Board also inquired about bio levels and was given assurances that the safety risks were low.  Finally the Board wanted a sense of community concerns which included design considerations, the front entrance and the community benefits which were all addressed by Harvard University.  Building Trades, Carpenters, Plumbers & Fitters, Electricians all spoke in favor.  (Approved)

Boston Zoning Board of Appeal (ZBA)
Tuesday, March 22, 2016

9:30 am - Hearings

BOA537125  500-502 Western Ave (Ward 22); Ardo & Annette Garabedian - BOA537115  7-9 Richardson St (Ward 22); Rosine Gardedean - The proposal is to legalize the use of a 61 vehicle parking for fee lot whose prior use was as a vehicle tow yard.  Abutters' meeting elicited a positive response.  Office of Neighborhood Services, Allston Civic Association & Councilor Ciommo all in favor.  Brighton Allston Improvement Association's support contingent on proviso to limit the relief to 5 years.  The proponent agreed given the real possibility of the site being developed in the future.  The Board of Appeal expressed the need for screening and buffering which would result in the loss of 5-6 spaces.  Motion to approve with BRA Design Review with the screening and buffering and 5 year relief limit proviso included was accepted.  The proponent must also receive a license from the Boston Transportation Department.

BOA548900  3-7 Washington St aka 5 Washington St (Ward 21); Donald Wiest - The proponent's expectation was that the project was well enough along to have been on the March BRA Board Agenda.  No one at the meeting had an explanation as to why that didn't happen.  The proponent wants to continue the community process with the expectation that the project will be on the April BRA Board Agenda.  Motion for deferral was accepted.  May 24, 2016 @ 11:30 am.

BOA557885  8-10 Harvard Ter (Ward 21); Harvard Terrace LLC - BOA557886  12-14 Harvard Ter (Ward 21); Harvard Terrace LLC -  BOA557887  16-18 Harvard Ter (Ward 21); Harvard Terrace LLC - The proposal is to convert three 6 unit attached buildings to three 8 unit attached buildings by adding two two bedroom units in the lower level (garden level) of each building (interior only).  The buildings were subjected to a 9 alarm fire in 2014.  There was a prior non-conforming use of no parking and there will be no parking with the new project.  The proponent and Office of Neighborhood Services reassured the Board that ample transit was in close proximity.  Abutters' meeting was not attended.  Office of Neighborhood Services, Allston Civic Association & Councilor Ciommo all in favor.  Motion to approve with BRA Design Review was accepted.

Tony D'Isidoro

Missing Piece Project Flyer.pdf

Anthony D'Isidoro

Aug 24, 2016, 7:30:57 AM8/24/16
to Anthony D'Isidoro

Tony D'Isidoro

 Wednesday at the OSFM!

Stop by the market manager booth with any questions, comments, or concerns. We are happy to hear about ideas for vendors or to know if you might be interested in volunteering with the market. We've enjoyed serving the Brighton community so far this season, and are excited about what the next few months will bring!

Wednesday, 4pm-8pm rain or shine at 640 Washington St., Brighton (parking lot):
>Grannys Place 🌽🍅🍓🌱🌷🌼🍯🍪🍞 + more
>Popeye hill farm 🍖🍗🍯👕+ more
>Robinson Farm (via Popeye hill farm booth) 🧀
>Bay State Fish Share 🐟
>Healthworks Fitness Centers 🏋🏾
>ABCD Allston-Brighton Neighborhood Opportunity Center 🙌

PLUS:
>Tote Bags "Spend $5, Get a Bag" - see Market Manager
>Bring your El Pelon Taqueria coupons for $5 off market items!
>Be sure to stop by the Market Manager booth to grab a complimentary reusable shopping bag, sign-up for our e-mail list, and pick up information on the Mass Food and Farm Special License Plate, which supports markets like the OSFM.

Remember, SNAP/EBT, WIC, Boston Bounty Bucks, Senior Coupons, and Veggie Vouchers/Food Prescriptions are accepted. Stop by the Market Manager's booth for more info.

See you at the market in the The Presentation School Foundation Community Center parking lot!

Thank you to our Sustainer Sponsors, Franciscan Children's and St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
for their generous support.

AB Update 08-23-2016.pdf