Allston-Brighton Parade 2015

Candy Ladue

Aug 12, 2015, 10:03:45 AM8/12/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if there will be an Allston-Brighton Parade this year, and can't find any information. The Allston Main Streets voice mailbox is full (note!) and GodForbid Brighton Main Streets should return my call.

So I reach out to the group.
Any Parade information? Has it been replaced by the Allston Street Fair?

Thanks,
Candy Ladue
Oak Square

Joan Pasquale

Aug 12, 2015, 10:29:57 AM8/12/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Candy,
The Allston Village Street Fair is trying to get it's 2015 Permits, there's a problem re: multiple events happening in Boston on September 26th/27th and a lack of Police Detail. Ex: Boston Calling, Beantown JazzFest.
What I was also told is that the Honan Race and the A-B Parade are Permitted. Since both events have a large Police Detail presence, I've requested the possibility of 2 Detail Officers being assigned to stay and work at the Street Fair, as the AVSF pays for all of our Police, Fire, EMT Details, Permits, and Inspectors which totals $4,000+ each year.

Re: The Allston Village Street Fair
Please know that the AVSF was created to provide residents with a Free and Open to the Public Event that they could assist in creating and enjoy, to bring positive attention and press to Allston, and to enhance the runner and audience participation at the Honan Race and Parade. The AVSF was created to add to, not take away from or replace anything, especially an ongoing community event. The City of Boston determined that all 3 events had to happen on the same day.

Where Representative Moran oversees the Allston-Brighton Parade, you should call or email his office for Parade details.

I hope that the above info helps.

Best regards,
Joan Pasquale
PCBG,Inc. - Allston Village Street Fair

From: oak_s...@hotmail.com
To: allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AB2006] Allston-Brighton Parade 2015
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:02:42 -0400

Nancy Grilk

Aug 12, 2015, 4:49:13 PM8/12/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi, The A-B Parade follows the Brian Honan 5K on Sunday, Sept. 27. 2015.  Neither event is replaced by a street fair.

Bob Pessek, Allston