Green Line Forum: Tues., April 26, 6-8 pm, Brighton Elks Lodge. A status report on Green Line service

Mooney, Jeanne (SEN)

Apr 18, 2016, 3:12:51 AM4/18/16
to Mooney, Jeanne (SEN)
We want to make you aware that MBTA General Manager Frank DePaola will give a status report on the Green Line service on Tuesday, April 26, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Brighton Elks Lodge, 326 Washington Street, Brighton. General Manager DePaolo will be joined by William McClellan, Assistant General Manager of Rail Operations, and Trish Foley, Legislative Liaison for the MBTA.

This forum continues efforts by legislators and officials over the last few years to bring MBTA personnel and the public together to share information and give feedback on progress to improve Green Line service. The evening is hosted by Senator Will Brownsberger, Representatives Kevin Honan and Michael Moran, and Boston City Councilor Mark Ciommo.

Directions to the Brighton Elks Lodge can be found here. You can enter at 326 Washington Street or through the back entrance from the rear parking, which is reached by car from around the corner on Winship Street.

You can visit this link at willbrownsberger.com to find a post on this forum and provide comment. Background on previous forums and Green Line service can be found here. We encourage you to share the flyer below and invite others to attend.

2016 Green Line Forum: A Status Report on Service
Tuesday, April 26, 6:00-8:00 pm
Brighton Elks Lodge
326 Washington Street, Brighton

If you have questions or need further information, please contact Andrew Bettinelli at andrew.b...@masenate.gov or 617-722-1280.

Best Regards,

Jeanne Mooney

--
Jeanne R. Mooney
Communications Director

Subscribe for notices of new discussion topics at willbrownsberger.com

Mooney, Jeanne (SEN)

Apr 18, 2016, 3:29:24 PM4/18/16
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com

You can visit this link at willbrownsberger.com to find a post on this forum and provide comment. Background on previous forums and Green Line service can be found here. We encourage you to share the flyer and invite others to attend.

2016 Green Line Forum: A Status Report on Service
Brighton Elks Lodge

If you have questions or need further information, please contact Andrew Bettinelli at andrew.b...@masenate.gov or 617-722-1280.

Best Regards,

Jeanne Mooney

monter...@comcast.net

Apr 21, 2016, 12:27:11 AM4/21/16
to Neighborhood, A, Jeanne Mooney (SEN)
Ms. Mooney,

Thank you for this e-mail.  I would like to take this opportunity to ask why the MBTA is considering an increase of 10 percent?  I do not think that none of MBTA customers get 10 percent in salary increase.  Personally, I have never got one increase like that.  Moreover, my G.I.C. health insurance (Harvard Pilgrim Health Care) is increasing 3.6% as of July 1st, 2016.  Not to mention, food, rent, etc are increasing at a higher rates.

I understand a reasonable increase of 1 or 2 percent increase.

Best regards,

Margarita Montero

Apr 28, 2016, 3:37:29 AM4/28/16
to Neighborhood, A, Jeanne Mooney (SEN), Andrew Bettinelli, william.br...@masenate.gov
Ms. Mooney, Senator Brownsberger and Mr. Bettinelli,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that.

As I said before, I understand a reasonable increase to cover the cost of running the bus/train, but not 12 to 13 percent increase.  I do not think a MBTA customer gets an increase of that percentage or half of that.

CharlieCard Online's notice, "NEW FARES APPROVED FOR JULY 1, 2016.  As you may already know, new fares have been approved by the MBTA Board of Directors for July 1, 2016.  The price of a Monthly Link Pass for use beginning July 1 will be $84.5"

Moreover, my family and I are MA tax payers as well.

On another note related to Health Insurance - For my Friend, Neighbors & All,

Who, Why or When deductible health insurance, like in car insurance, was established?  It is not only that your health insurance premium goes up, it is also:  deductibles, co-payments for medical service and prescription.

Best regards,

Margarita

Apr 28, 2016, 10:58:56 AM4/28/16
to monter...@comcast.net, Neighborhood, A, Mooney, Jeanne (SEN), Bettinelli, Andrew (SEN), willbrownsberge...@gmail.com

Hi Margarita,

Deductibles, copays, etc. were developed by the private market  over many years.

Visit willbrownsberger.com for public discussion of issues.

Subscribe for notices from Will of important discussions

Will Brownsberger

State Senator

State House, Room 504

Boston, MA 02133

Eva Webster

Apr 28, 2016, 3:14:05 PM4/28/16
to AllstonBrighton2006, monter...@comcast.net, Mooney, Jeanne (SEN), Bettinelli, Andrew (SEN), willbrownsberge...@gmail.com
Perhaps a more accurate way to say it would be that the private healthcare insurance industry was ALLOWED by federal and state regulators to introduce deductibles, co-pays, etc. — on the assumption (the insurers argument) that those things were needed to discourage people from “overusing” healthcare. The problem is that certain insurers write policies with such high deductibles, co-pays, as well as various loopholes and exclusions, that it discourages people from seeking medical care at all (except in catastrophic cases, I assume). I don’t know if our state regulates how high the deductibles and co-pays can be, or if they do a good job at it.