Correct Date - Observations on Tomorrow

Michelle at ABCDC

May 24, 2016, 12:30:52 PM5/24/16
to AllstonBrighton2006
Hi All,

The correct date of the event is this Thursday May 26th.  We hope you'll be there!

Observations on Tomorrow:  Our Changing Housing Needs

Please let us know you are coming! Register Today.

Don't miss this very important panel discussion
about our expected population growth and the housing needs of our region.

March 26 from 6:30 - 8:30
Brighton Marine Health Center
77 Warren Street
Brighton

Our very own Representative Kevin Honan will introduce and moderate our special guest panelists:
            • Undersecretary Chrystal Kornegay, Mass Dept. of Housing and Economic Development
            • Sheila Dillon, City of Boston Chief of Housing & Dir of the Dept. of Neighborhood Development
            • Clark Ziegler, Massachusetts Housing Partnership Executive Director
            • Tim Reardon, Metropolitan Area Planning Council Data Services Director.
In a recent study by the Brookings Institution (City and metropolitan inequality on the rise, driven by declining incomes, January 2016) found that Boston was ranked #1 in income inequality. A few months later, the Boston Redevelopment Authority released a study which showed that nearly half of Boston residents make less than $35,000 a year (Boston's Workforce: An Assessment of Labor Market Outcomes and Opportunities, March 2016) . These two examples show the dire situation of the current housing market and the trends are only getting worse.

We hope to see you Thursday as we discuss current housing development (what is being built), our changing housing needs (what needs to be built) and how we can best utilize zoning and smart growth tools to reconcile the two-in order to meet the needs of our neighborhood, city and region.