Re: 115 Federal Street

Harry Mattison

Jun 22, 2015, 10:31:20 AM6/22/15
to Mark Ciommo, Michael.F...@boston.gov, Stephen...@boston.gov, Miche...@boston.gov, Ayanna....@boston.gov, allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Councilors,

To follow up my June 18 email about the City's sale of the Winthrop Square Garage at 115 Federal Street, a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding is attached. I hope you will protect the interests of the citizens of Boston by rejecting this deal. The key phrase is 'any other necessary costs' which can mean anything and provides no protection that the City will get the appropriate proceeds from this sale.

I would appreciate a response describing your position on this important fiscal matter.
Inline image 1

Sincerely,
Harry Mattison
28 Mansfield St, Allston MA

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Harry Mattison <harrym...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Councilors,

I am writing to oppose any transfer of 115 Federal Street from the City of Boston to the Boston Redevelopment Authority.

Please support having:
  1. The City retain the property and having the BRA work as agents for the City of Boston taxpayers to obtain the best deal for the citizens and the City in an open, transparent bidding process. As an alternative the City should convey no more than a 99 year lease on the property with ownership reverting back to the City of Boston in 100 years to create a windfall for our future citizens.
  2. No vote by the City Council until any Memorandum of Understanding with the BRA is made public and allowed to be discussed in a transparent and process.
  3. Or at the very least, the City should get market value for the property by independent appraisers, not what the BRA claims it is worth because the BRA admits that it needs the property so it can continue to fund themselves.

I would appreciate a response describing your position on this important fiscal matter.

Sincerely,

Harry Mattison

28 Mansfield St, Allston MA

Winthrop Sq Garage 6.17.15.pdf