Fw: REMINDER! Allston Movie Night TONIGHT IN RINGER PARK -- SHAUN THE SHEEP

Joan Pasquale

Aug 15, 2016, 11:56:27 AM8/15/16
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com, Cleveland Circle Community Google Group

Movie Night at Ringer Park!

Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 at 11:18 AM
From: "Marchelle Jacques-Yarde" <marchelle.j...@boston.gov>
To: PCB...@Mail.com
Subject: REMINDER! Allston Movie Night TONIGHT IN RINGER PARK -- SHAUN THE SHEEP

--

Marchelle D. Jacques-Yarde

Outreach Coordinator & Park Partners Manager

External Affairs Division

Boston Parks and Recreation

1010 Massachusetts Avenue

Boston, MA 02118

Phone: 617.961.3006

Fax: 617.635.3256

Parks Department  twitter handle is:  @BostonParksDept

https://twitter.com/BostonParksDept

2016 MMN Ringer Playground.jpg

Anthony D'Isidoro

Aug 15, 2016, 12:18:11 PM8/15/16
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com, Cleveland Circle Community Google Group

Hello Everyone,

I just confirmed with Marchelle at Boston Parks and Recreation, even though the handout says Tuesday, August 15, it should read Monday, August 15, therefore Movie Night is tonight.

Tony D'Isidoro

Anthony D'Isidoro

Aug 19, 2016, 9:59:51 AM8/19/16
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com, Cleveland Circle Community Google Group

Daly Field Ribbon Cutting

Join us as we kick off a new era of Simmons Athletics

Starts:  9/10/2016  10:00 AM

Ends: 9/10/2016 12:00 PM

Location: Daly Field, Brighton, MA

The weekend celebration of the innovative public/private partnership that has transformed Daly Field into a state-of-the-art athletic complex kicks off on Friday, September 9 when the Brighton High School Bengals host the John D. O'Bryant Tigers in Brighton's Football Home Opener.

The festivities continue on Saturday with the official Daly Field Ribbon Cutting ceremony.

Join us as we hear from President Helen G. Drinan, Simmons Athletic Director Ali Kantor, and local and state elected and community leaders.

Register Now: https://alumnet.simmons.edu/events/dalyribboncutting?lrsc=emaildaly_field_invitebtn

The event will feature tours of the athletic complex, the Simmons Sirens singing the National Anthem, and performances by the Simmons College Dance Team.

We also invite you to stay to cheer on our Sharks as they host three home games!

Simmons Home Games

·        Simmons Soccer vs. Rivier University: 12:00 p.m.

·        Simmons Field Hockey vs. Thomas College: 12:00 p.m.

·        Simmons Tennis vs. Colby College: 4:00 p.m.

Parking/Check-In

Complimentary parking and shuttle buses will be available at Simmons College. Ongoing shuttle buses will run between Simmons College and Daly Field from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please note: there is NO parking at Daly Field.

Registration check-in and light refreshments on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. will be located at:
Simmons College
Lefavour Hall, Beatley Library
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115

Confirmation email will be sent to registrants prior to September 10, including self-parking details and a full event schedule.

Questions?

Questions or for more information, please contact:
Jessica Kowalski
alume...@simmons.edu
617-521-2599

Anthony D'Isidoro

Aug 19, 2016, 10:15:57 PM8/19/16
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com, Cleveland Circle Community Google Group

Hello Everyone,

When a developer is asked why their project can't be condominiums, their response is the market in Allston Brighton is not conducive to that type of housing, and/or those type of projects are difficult to finance and/or land acquisition costs are prohibitive.  The Boston Magazine article below provides additional support to blow those responses out of the water.  Having the lowest days on market in the City for the month of July, shows the strong demand and appeal of condominiums in our community.  On the issue of financing, condos are being built in record numbers across the City and a lender would be stupid to hesitate in financing projects in Allston Brighton given the stats below.  Finally, land acquisition costs in Allston Brighton are very comparable with other neighborhoods in the City where condo development is flourishing.

It's pretty simple, given the rental market in Allston Brighton, the most profitable housing to build is rental.  That's what the developers want.  The community wants more home ownership opportunities.  With condominium projects, developers will still make a handsome profit but would also provide housing this community desperately needs.

Tony D'Isidoro

Here’s Where Condos Are Selling the Fastest

The neighborhood lineup isn’t what you would expect.

By Madeline Bilis | Home & Property | August 9, 2016, 2:41 p.m.

In general, condos in Boston are selling fairly fast. The units selling the fastest, though, are concentrated in three specific neighborhoods.

A new report from real estate data site NeighborhoodX looked at the condos that spend the fewest number of days on the market. By examining transactions that closed in the month of July, NeighborhoodX compiled the “days on market” data to create its list of fast-selling neighborhoods.

The list ranges from 24 days to 69 days on the market, putting Brighton and Back Bay on either ends of the spectrum. Brighton, Allston, and Dorchester all tied for the fastest-selling neighborhood at 24 days. The boom in Dorchester seems fitting, but we’re searching for other signs of buyers clamoring to purchase property in Allston and Brighton.

Back Bay was the slowest seller, clocking in at an average of 69 days on the market. Interestingly, both Jamaica Plain and Beacon Hill fall beside each other in the middle.

The neighborhoods where condos spent the fewest days on the market had an average selling price of less than $450,000. Out of all the places where it took the longest to sell, Roxbury and West Roxbury also hit an average of under $450,000. Back Bay tipped the scale with its average selling price—a whopping $1.7 million.

Wondering where your neighborhood lines up? See for yourself below:

AngelaT

Aug 20, 2016, 7:57:07 AM8/20/16
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com, Cleveland Circle Community Google Group

Thanks Tony. The BAIA should know this one for long time right? Why they support all these rental projects like the 425 Washington Street rental project build in our neighborhood one after the others? The painful is that none of our neighbors know what BAIA is and/or do not go their BAIA meetings regularly (me too). So no one against these rental projects in their BAIA meetings do not mean that all the Allston/Brighton residents agree with it. That is why/what the public meeting of each building project for. Last time we had the public meeting for this 425 Washing Street rental project at Oak Square, about 95% of the people in the meeting against this rental project due to lots of reasons that I don’t want to repeat here. Then the BRA approve it in April that we,  the immediate neighbors did not even know about until recently. Sigh!!!!

Maybe it is about time that the Allston/Brighton has one group that our residents can plan and make the decisions about our neighborhood futures and not just let the BAIA and/or our representatives officers decide what to do with our future.

Does it make sense?

Thanks!

Angela