Mass Pike Allston Reconstruction Update: June 27

Harry Mattison

Jun 14, 2016, 11:25:20 AM6/14/16
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Mass Pike Allston Reconstruction Update:  June 27 at 6PM in the Charlesview Fiorentino Center at 123 Antwerp Street, Brighton (map)

This is a great opportunity to learn more about this massive $500 million project to rebuild the Mass Pike Interchange in Allston, build a new neighborhood, improve the Charles River, and help shape our region's future. Please join us and spread the word:

Seven months ago, the Boston Redevelopment Authority began a placemaking study to make recommendations for the 110-acre I-90 Allston project in these 5 areas:
  1. Public Realm/Open Space
  2. Mobility/Connectivity
  3. Development Potential/Flexibility
  4. Distinctive Place/Context Sensitive
  5. Energy Efficiency/Sustainability
June 27 will be the first public presentation of the BRA's findings. We hope that the BRA's input will help improve this project in many ways including:
  • New streets safe and enjoyable for people walking and biking
  • Robust open space network
  • Better connections to the Charles River with a large new destination riverfront park
  • The new West Station as a transit hub and great civic space
  • Decking over the highway and railyard to reduce noise and air pollution
  • Uniting North & South Allston by connecting Cambridge Street and Commonwealth Ave
Inline image 1

Inline image 1