40 Rugg Rd, Allston

Anthony D'Isidoro

Feb 13, 2018, 6:22:55 PM2/13/18
to Anthony D'Isidoro

Hello Everyone,

Given the pending IAG meeting this Thursday evening (details below), it’s important you review the original collective IAG letter (attached) to the initial project proposal and the “Supplemental Information Report” (www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/977e0b61-8927-44a4-93af-bd2e964e4067) recently filed by the proponents (in essence their response to the IAG and the initial round of comment letters received).

The information will be helpful if you plan to attend and/or submit additional comment letters to (Casey....@Boston.Gov) by February 28, 2018.

Tony

40 Rugg Road Impact Advisory Group Meeting

Boston Planning & Development Agency

Thursday, February 15, 2018, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Impact Advisory Group (IAG) meeting #3 to discuss the Supplemental Information Report submitted to the BPDA on January 29, 2018.
Please note that the purpose of this meeting is different than that of a traditional community meeting. As part of the development review process, IAG members work closely with BPDA staff to identify the impacts of a project and recommend appropriate community benefits to offset those impacts. IAG meetings prioritize discussion between the project proponent (i.e. the developer) and IAG members.

Jackson Mann Community Center, Theater
500 Cambridge Street, Allston

Email Contact: Casey....@Boston.gov

40 Rugg Road Collective IAG Comment Letter.pdf

Eva Webster

Feb 14, 2018, 1:05:07 AM2/14/18
to Homeowners Union of Allston-Brighton, AllstonBrighton2006, Cleveland-Cir...@googlegroups.com
When I first saw Tony’s posting yesterday re. 40 Rugg Rd., my attention was focused on the great IAG letter (written on Oct. 31 last year) that he attached (that IAG letter is also attached to this email).

I have only now realized that a link included in Tony’s message allows you to see a description of currently proposed changes to the project. Those changes are listed as bullet points in a letter from the developer to BPDA Dir. Brian Golden.

I have pasted the developer’s letter below, or you can view it by clicking here:

Given what the IAG and other community stakeholders have asked for to improve this project, I’m sorry to say that the developer’s response is a complete joke — it’s practically meaningless, to the point of being insulting.  There are no concessions on height, density, homeownership component, unit count, character of units, setbacks, and other issues that were flagged as problematic.  Even the design has been cheapened by limiting the brick façade to only one story.

The developer’s response is turning a deaf ear to the IAG and everyone else who wants that part of Allston to become a decent, attractive comfortable, and stable place to live.  We need our Elected Official’s help to send this project back to the drawing board.  Please everyone, do whatever you can to make it happen.

40 Rugg Road Collective IAG Comment Letter[3].pdf

Eva Webster

Feb 14, 2018, 6:08:54 PM2/14/18
to Cleveland-Cir...@googlegroups.com, allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Paul – I don’t know why you are directing this comment to me.  I have nothing to do with anybody’s position on the Jack Young (Allston Square) development proposal. It’s a complicated multi-building project that hasn’t been filed yet — so how can anyone “cheerlead” on it.  Still, if the BAIA or anyone else is pushing for trees at this early stage, why is it bad?  Developers have the tendency to leave too little room for street trees and other landscaping in their plans.

Eva:
How about the BAIA cheerleading for the overdevelopment of Jack Young's large property holdings at the foot of Harvard Ave and Cambridge St.
They should concentrate their energies for Brighton.   All of a sudden they are talking about trees when the horse is out of the barn.
Paul

Please note our new email address is: ser...@allstonbrightonapac.org