Western Ave Development 607,000sq ft. Public meeting tonight!! 6PM

Ja...@janemchale.com

Nov 7, 2018, 4:44:46 PM11/7/18
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com

Huge development project on Western Ave replacing Stadium Auto buildings, Bus Stop pub, Breakfast Club Diner, Subway, a used car lot and a 6 family on Riverdale Street has its first public meeting tonight.   Held at 6PM at Charlesview Community Center meeting room

https://boston.curbed.com/boston-development/2018/11/7/18072008/allston-nexus-innovation-corridor Check it out!

Be there if this is important to you – the time to speak is now!

Neighborhood

Allston

Address

250-280&305 Western Avenue

Land Sq. Feet

187,308 sq ft

Building Size

607,900 sq ft

Project Manager

Gerald Autler

Project Description

The proposed redevelopment program is anticipated to be anchored by the construction of approximately 539,400 square feet of office and research and development uses. These uses will be designed to accommodate research companies in the biotechnology and life sciences industry. The project is also anticipated to include approximately 21,100 square feet of ground floor retail uses, 40 residential units, and approximately 1,900 square feet of civic space.

Jane McHale – Litchfield Street

Eva Webster

Nov 7, 2018, 5:33:15 PM11/7/18
to AllstonBrighton2006, Cleveland-Cir...@googlegroups.com
607,900 SF is a HUGE building!  I don’t think most people realize how huge that is. For comparison, 530 Western Ave. (on the corner of Leo Birmingham Pkwy, construction almost completed) is “only” 128,000 SF.

Had I known how big this project is, I would have planned to come to the meeting tonight. Many other A-B people are probably in the same situation — have been unaware of the magnitude of the project, or the date of the meeting.

The problem is that information about those meetings is buried in Tony’s newsletters among much less important stuff that most people don’t have time to read, so they miss the important info.

Meeting announcements pertaining to large projects should be made in separate “free-standing” postings — with the address of the project in the subject line — so they are not so easy to miss.  I always try to do it for important meetings in my neighborhood. I wish someone did it for Allston.

Harry Mattison

Nov 7, 2018, 5:39:30 PM11/7/18
to AllstonBrighton2006
There is no proposal for a 607,900 sq ft building.
The proposal is for 3 buildings that total 607,900 sq ft built on 4.3 acres.
The tallest building would be comparable to Continuum.

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 5:33:15 PM UTC-5, Eva Webster wrote:
[...]

Eva Webster

Nov 7, 2018, 5:48:16 PM11/7/18
to AllstonBrighton2006
Thanks for clarification — but three 200,000 SF buildings (assuming they are roughy the same size), even on 4 acres, still amount to a huge project.  And since they will be office/commercial use, they will generate much more daily traffic than residential structures would.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AllstonBrighton2006" group.

Christopher Arena

Nov 7, 2018, 5:54:53 PM11/7/18
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
If you sign up here and check off Allston and Brighton, you will get emails about these meetings ahead of time as well as PNFs that are submitted.

Christopher Arena
Founder & CEO
GFTB Digital
m:857.498.8778
w:www.gftbdigital.com  e: chris...@gftbdigital.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AllstonBrighton2006" group.