CVS opening drug disposal units at 42 stores (Michael P. Norton, State House News Service: January 12, 2018)

Anthony D'Isidoro

Jan 14, 2018, 7:54:32 PM1/14/18
to Anthony D'Isidoro

Forty-two new disposal units are planned at CVS pharmacies in Massachusetts to make it easier for people to safely get rid of unwanted, unused or expired medications, a development that state officials say will help address opioid abuse.

“Addiction can often start at home in our own medication cabinets, and today we are pleased to partner with CVS Health and build on efforts to address this public health crisis across the commonwealth,” Gov. Charlie Baker, who visited a CVS pharmacy in Medford on Friday, said in a statement.

The units will be available for drug disposal during regular pharmacy hours. To address the opioid crisis, CVS Health and the CVS Health Foundation also announced $150,000 in grants to programs at Boston Medical Center, Mattapan Community Health Center and Greater Lawrence Family Health Center.

Allston Brighton Location: 301 Washington St, Brighton, MA 02135

For a list of all Massachusetts Rx/Prescription Medication Drop Box Locations: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/prescription-dropbox-locations