REMINDER - TODAY, Public Meeting re. zoning for 139-149 and 159-201 Washington Street

Eva Webster

Dec 6, 2016, 4:08:59 AM12/6/16
to Cleveland-Cir...@googlegroups.com, AllstonBrighton2006
Public Meeting to discuss 139-149 Washington St & 159-201 Washington St
Time: 12/06/2016  6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Brighton Marine Health Center, Third Floor, Conference Room 1, 77 Warren Street, Brighton, MA 02135

Join your neighbors on Tuesday, December 6th for a very important public meeting to discuss the zoning plans for 139-149 Washington Street (Avalon Bay) and 159-201 Washington Street (St. Gabriel's). The scope of these proposed new developments will have impacts for our community.

The developers of these two projects are proposing 868 units (798 rental, 70 condos) on Washington Street. Please come out to express your comments and concerns to the developers and Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) to ensure that these two projects enhance the neighborhood and do not negatively impact current & future residents who want to establish roots within the community.

Please note: The comment period deadline for 139-149 Washington Street has been extended to December 9th. Please send your comments to: Michael Rooney at Michael...@Boston.gov.

The two (2) proposals currently under review on the site are described below:
Cabot, Cabot & Forbes, the proponent for the development proposal at 159-201 Washington Street, is proposing to renovate the existing St. Gabriel’s Monastery and Church, and to build four (4) additional buildings containing 578 rental units and one (1) building containing 40 condominium units.

AvalonBay Communities, the proponent for the development proposal at 139-149 Washington Street, is proposing to construct two (2) buildings - building #1 as a 6-story residential building containing approximately 220 rental units and building #2 as a 4-story building containing 30 condominium units with 220 parking spaces.

Emma Hawes

Dec 6, 2016, 5:23:01 PM12/6/16
to AllstonBrighton2006, Cleveland-Cir...@googlegroups.com
I had hoped to attend this but won't be able. Might I beg that someone who attends can summarize the information they release? Thank you in advance!!!