Work in progress -- criminal justice, education funding, bicycle safety, etc.

Will Brownsberger

Sep 25, 2015, 8:34:15 PM9/25/15
to cleveland-cir...@googlegroups.com, Chestnut Hill Reservoir Forum, Hobart Park Neighborhood Association, AllstonBrighton2006, Aberdeen-Brig...@googlegroups.com, bc_neighb...@googlegroups.com
Lot's of work in progress this fall.
View this email in your browser

A  first step on criminal justice reform . . .

 . . . we passed legislation to eliminate the automatic suspension of driver's licenses for drug offenses.

Sex offender recidivism commission . . .

 . . . check out this interview about our work on WRKO or view materials at the commission website.

Bicycle safety legislation . . .

 . . . I'm working on several bike safety bills, but am backing away from one that I filed mandating helmet use.

Getting started on the annual education aid conversation . . .

 . . . will be pursuing recurring issues with an eye towards fixing problems for my district, especially Watertown. (In case you're wondering, this email is going to all my constituents, not just Watertown -- Watertown really has been historically short-changed, although I also support increases for Belmont and Boston as well.)

Senate District Forum on GMO Labeling . . .

 . . . scheduled for October 20 in Watertown.  Some excellent presenters with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.

Notice of automobile recalls . . .

 . . . At the suggestion of a constituent, I've filed legislation to require that people be notified of any pending automobile recalls at the time of annual inspection.

Our mailing address is:
State Senator Will Brownsberger
Room 504
State House