Mainely Burgers to open Boston Landing location (Abigail Summerville, Boston Business Journal: June 12, 2018)

Anthony D'Isidoro

Jun 14, 2018, 8:52:00 PM6/14/18
to Anthony D'Isidoro

Mainely Burgers will open its second brick and mortar restaurant at Boston Landing, marking the Brighton development's most recent retail lease, and the first for its new luxury apartment building Lantera.

The burger joint will take up 2,134 square feet on the ground floor of Lantera, located at 125 Guest St. The restaurant is owned and operated by brothers Jack and Max Barber, who began selling burgers from a food truck in Maine seven years ago. The two Babson College graduates expanded the business in 2016 to its first brick and mortar location in Cambridge's Central Square neighborhood.

NB Development Group, the real-estate development firm that is building out Boston Landing, said in a statement that Mainely Burgers will help fill the young neighborhood's demand for “quick grab-and-go options of delicious food.”

The burger restaurant, which also sells truffle fries, Brussels sprouts and frappes, will join other Boston Landing retail stores such as the New Balance Flagship store, Kohi Coffee and Rail Stop Restaurant and Bar.

“Jack and I are wicked excited for Mainely Burgers at Boston Landing,” Max Barber said in the statement. “It feels great to join the community of like-minded companies and partner with NBDG and (real estate consultant) Graffito, who understand the value of local business. We are super stoked to share our Maine roots and recipes with Boston Landing.”