Homeownership Matters-Don't Be Left Out of the Conversation!

Jason Desrosier

Jun 1, 2015, 10:15:19 AM6/1/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com

"Today, Boston is facing an unprecedented and growing set of challenges as market forces erode housing options for the middle class. Retaining and growing Boston's middle class, despite these challenges, is critical to this housing plan, and is an important element in building the strong, inclusive city this plan envisions."

  -Mayor Martin J. Walsh, "Housing a Changing City: Boston 2030"

The Allston Brighton CDC supports Mayor Walsh in his efforts to bring affordable housing options to middle income home buyers in the City of Boston. The campaign starts now, the conversation starts here-and we invite you to be our partner in the dialogue. We hope you all will join us on Tuesday, June 2nd at the Harvard Ed Portal from 6:30-8:30pm for our Annual Meeting.  We will be hosting Dr. Chris Herbert, Managing Director of Harvard’s Joint Center for Housing Studies as he discusses the Future of Homeownership in an Urban Context.

We will also be voting in four new members to join the Allston Brighton CDC Board of Directors and it is essential that we have YOU, Allston Brighton residents, to help vote them in!

New members to be voted on:

  • Anthony D'Isidoro
  • Marcia Chong
  • Ben Hires
  • Alejandra Velasquez

There will be pre-meeting networking from 6 – 6:30 and a Q&A with Chris following his presentation.

For more information and to register for the event please visit our website

We look forward to you all joining the dialogue!

Jason Desrosier

Community Engagement Coordinator

Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation    |    t. 617-787-3874 x206  f. 617-787-0425

20 Linden Street, Suite 288, Allston, MA 02134    |   www.allstonbrightoncdc.org Description: small facebook icon Description: Small Twitter icon

Working Together, Building Community

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.

AngelaT

Jun 1, 2015, 10:23:40 AM6/1/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Jason. It is the great opportunity for the middle income home buyers and for us to learn more about the process.

Best,

Angela

Mike D

Jun 1, 2015, 12:35:10 PM6/1/15