City officials - whom should I contact with feedback about street cleaning/towing policies?

Anna_brighton

Apr 16, 2014, 9:31:55 AM4/16/14
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Several people in previous threads have mentioned contacting city officials or state officials. Whom do you write to? I'd like to share my feedback on the new street cleaning signs (Chestnuts hill av) with the city officials.

Thank you for your help!

gentlekitty

Apr 16, 2014, 2:46:31 PM4/16/14
to AllstonBrighton2006
What do you want to tell them?

David Hall

Apr 16, 2014, 2:59:43 PM4/16/14
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Depending on what you want to communicate, you probably want either:

1) The department of public works
http://www.cityofboston.gov/publicworks/sweeping/

2) your city councillor
http://www.cityofboston.gov/citycouncil/councillors/ciommo.asp
> --

AngelaT

Apr 17, 2014, 2:29:44 PM4/17/14
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Good luck! I don't think any city officials read our emails and/or do something about it.

Just as the Abandoned Motor Vehicles: It said: " It is reasonable for a police office to conclude that a motor vehicle has been abandoned if it is found standing on a public or private way for more than seventy-two (72) hours.

It seems that neither our Allston/Brighton police officers and the city hall staff know about this rule. No one re-enforced it even though we call the city hall and our police office.

Sigh!!!!

Angela

Michael O'Hara

Apr 17, 2014, 3:40:55 PM4/17/14
to Allston/Brighton e-mail list #1, Ajemian, Gerald
Angela, Yes, We do know about this Boston Traffic Rule and Regulation. The Community Service Office at District 14, 617-343-4376, handles complaints about abandoned car complaints regularly. P.O. Ajemian works with the Boston Transportation Department investigating complaints and determining whether they should be tagged as abandoned. P.O. Ajemian has been instructed to use common sense and reasonableness in performing his duties and he does a fine job. The District 14 Community Service Office is available to assist you in many aspects of police services. Please feel free to contact my office. Thank You.
Michael C. O'Hara, Police Sergeant-Supervisor
Boston Police District 14-Community Service Office
301 Washington St.
Brighton, MA 01235

Don Lubin

Apr 17, 2014, 4:00:39 PM4/17/14
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
72 hours? I'm glad that rule isn't enforced very often.