IMPORTANT PUBLIC MTG. re. ALLSTON YARDS TOMORROW, MONDAY

Eva Webster

Apr 22, 2018, 3:09:25 PM4/22/18
to Homeowners Union of Allston-Brighton, AllstonBrighton2006, Cleveland-Cir...@googlegroups.com
It is extremely important that the community shows up to the BPDA public meeting about the Allston Yards (Stop & Shop) project tomorrow, Monday, April 23 at 6:30 PM at the Jackson Mann Community Center Theater at 500 Cambridge St., Allston.

The magnitude of this proposal is mind-boggling given the sensitive location — no direct access to roads of sufficient capacity, and the adjacent streets that are serving the immediate area are already over capacity.

The developer wants to construct buildings totaling 1,900,000 SF (this amounts to 43.6 acres of floor space) on a parcel of 460,000 SF (10.6 acre).  They are offering only 0.5 acre for green space (which amounts to just 4.7% of the site).  That in itself is an outrage in my opinion — especially since that area is underserved by public parks.

Also, since the project is so big, the details are murky (for example, we don’t know the widths of sidewalks and roads).

Proposed 1,300 parking spaces would not be the only source of greatly increased traffic, since the complex will attract lots of commercial deliveries, as well as trips that people will be taking via car-sharing services.  The only way to reduce traffic impacts is to reduce the volume of development

The comment deadline is on April 27 — and the number of comments the BPDA receives matters. The fastest/easiest way to leave a comment is by clicking on the link below (scroll down a little to see a place where it says “The comment period is currently open. You may submit your comments now”

This link should also work:

Eva Webster

Apr 22, 2018, 10:38:05 PM4/22/18
to Cleveland-Cir...@googlegroups.com, AllstonBrighton2006, Homeowners Union of Allston-Brighton
The Guest Street Area Plan covers more than just the New Balance and the Stop and Shop sites. The Volvo Dealership is in it too, and the Wolfers Lighting store area. The Plan extends even beyond Market St.  The green area stripped in red (see below) was going to be active green/open space. New Balance was not held up to it, and now Stop and Shop is proposing only about 50% of green space than what the Plan called for.  Their proposed buildings along the Pike are nearly twice as tall the as the Plan called for. What a joke. Why is the BPDA letting developers file projects that blatantly disregard the GSA Plan?  Boston PLANNING and Development Agency…

On 4/22/18, 9:49 PM, "Anthony D'Isidoro" <cleveland-cir...@googlegroups.com on behalf of Anthony...@msn.com> wrote:

Sports Facility

Another Office Building

Hotel