Fw: All Girls Sports Festival returns in April - FREE

Joan Pasquale

Mar 16, 2018, 10:19:31 AM3/16/18
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com, Cleveland Circle Community Google Group

Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 4:46 PM
From: "Jon Seamans" <jon.s...@boston.gov>
To: PCB...@Mail.com
Subject: All Girls Sports Festival returns in April - FREE

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:* March 16, 2018
*CONTACT:*  Ryan Woods (617) 961-30
*REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR ALL GIRLS SPORTS FESTIVAL*

Mayor Martin J. Walsh, the Boston Parks and Recreation Department, and Boston Centers for Youth & Families invite girls from throughout the city
to spend their April school vacation at the All Girls Sports Festival in Roxbury.
The free four-day event will take place April 17 to April 20 from 8:30a.m. to 3:30p.m. daily.

“Young women from all over Boston are invited to come join our Parks Department for our annual festival of sports clinics and life skills
workshops during April school vacation week," said Mayor Walsh. “It’s a great time to have fun, make new friends, and develop new strengths that
will help our students grow and learn in the years to come."

Activities will be held at the Reggie Lewis Track & Athletic Center at Roxbury Community College, 1350 Columbus Avenue, and the nearby BCYF
Madison Park Community Center, Building 4, 55 Malcolm X Boulevard.  The All Girls Sports Festival features a variety of sport clinics and health and
wellness workshops supported by local colleges, non-profits, and City of Boston agencies. Free lunch will also be provided.

Participants will find a variety of fun ways to exercise mind, body, and spirit and try out a variety of sports with expert instructors including
basketball, tennis, Double Dutch, step dancing, track, swimming, rugby andsoccer.  Participants must be Boston residents ages 11 to 14 and should
wear activity-appropriate clothing.
To pre-register go to https://apm.activecommunities.com/cobparksandrecdepart

Register for BPRD Activities To register or view upcoming Boston Parks and Recreation Department activities, please click the Activities button!

For more information, please contact Barbara Hamilton at (617) 961-3093 or by emailing barbara....@boston.gov

3-16 all girls sports fest.doc