Abundant car parks at our street for more than 3 weeks.

AngelaT

Jan 16, 2018, 2:14:54 PM1/16/18
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com, Mark Ciommo, b...@boston.gov

Dear all,

We need your help about the abundant car(Maine license) parks at our street (Foster Street) for more than three weeks. The owner of the house had called the city about this car had parked in front of his house two weeks ago and the car is still here.

It took more than 6 minutes waiting time before anyone answered the 311 call today, I reported this abundant car and asked why it took so long and the car is still here. The lady said that the transportation department needs time to do the research. Serious? With all  the technologies these days and it needs our city transportation department more than 3 weeks to do the research about out of state car? What is going on with our city hall these days?

I have cc this email to our city of Boston transportation department B...@boston.gov.

Thanks!

Angela

Mike D

Jan 16, 2018, 7:45:17 PM1/16/18
to AllstonBrighton2006
If I remember correctly, the process we followed for a legally parked abandon car was: The police have to leave a warning on the car. We notified the sargent at a monthly BAIA meeting. I think the warning was on the car by the next day. They have to wait a period of time. I think it was 10 days. Then the car was towed away. There is similar process for abandoned bikes.

Eva Webster

Jan 17, 2018, 1:50:44 AM1/17/18
to AllstonBrighton2006
Mike — thanks for responding to Angela. This is useful information for others too.   Angela — you don’t necessarily have to wait for, or attend the next BAIA meeting to deal with this abandoned car.   You can just contact Sergeant Shawn Burns — he manages community relations in our local (District 14) Police Station — and ask him to initiate the process to remove this car.  The phone number for him is 617-343-4260, and his email address is shawn...@pd.boston.gov

On 1/16/18, 7:45 PM, "'Mike D' via AllstonBrighton2006" <allstonbr...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

If I remember correctly, the process we followed for a legally parked abandon car was: The police have to leave a warning on the car.  We notified the sargent at a monthly BAIA meeting. I think the warning was on the car by the next day.  They have to wait a period of time.   I think it was 10 days.  Then the car was towed away.  There is similar process for abandoned bikes.

Mike D

Jan 17, 2018, 5:59:34 AM1/17/18
to AllstonBrighton2006
If the car is illegally parked, they may tow it away sooner, you can ask him about that.

AngelaT

Jan 17, 2018, 8:30:33 AM1/17/18
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Eva J Thanks God that no one in Allston/Brighton residents that needs to attend to the BAIA meeting to deal with this kind of incident J

Best,

Angela

Greg Silverman

Jan 17, 2018, 2:51:54 PM1/17/18
to AllstonBrighton2006
Angela- I used the 311 app on my phone to report (what I thought was) an abandoned car in front of my home.

I couldn't believe how easy it was. Within days there was a sign on the guy's car warning him that it would be towed. I think the notice indicated the owner had 10 days but I can't recall. Lo and behold, the owner moved the car.

AngelaT

Jan 17, 2018, 3:50:26 PM1/17/18
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks J J We are in good hand now as Police Officer Stephen Borne takes care of our abundant cars in A/B.

Best,

Angela