Fw: Horizons for Homeless Children Seeks Volunteers & Donations

Joan Pasquale

Dec 17, 2017, 9:47:22 AM12/17/17
to AllstonBrighton2006, Cleveland Circle Community Google Group

Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 at 4:56 PM
From: "Meghan Schafer" <msch...@horizonschildren.org>
To: PCB...@Mail.com
Subject: Horizons for Homeless Children Seeks Volunteers & Donations

TO:      Allston Village Street Fair Festival

RE:       Horizons for Homeless Children

DATE:  December 15, 2017

Thank you for your past support of Horizons for Homeless Children please share our need for volunteers to play with homeless children in Brighton.

This year 16,000 children under the age of 6 in MA have been homeless.  That’s enough to fill the TD Garden. The stress and trauma of homelessness is emotionally and cognitively damaging to young children. Your support helps us to continue making a positive impact on homeless children in the Greater Boston area.

Right now we have a need for volunteers in Brighton.  We would greatly appreciate your placement of our volunteer recruitment listings. Our next training is Saturday, January 20th.  By sharing our information and helping us to get word out over the next few weeks, you're helping to provide homeless children in the Greater Boston area with play that all children need to learn and grow in healthy ways.

If you would like to share our wish list of donations, it can be found at www.horizonschildren.org/amazon

Thank you so much for your support of our programs.

Meghan Schafer, Lynne Gaines & Kelsey Wick

Playspace Program-Greater Boston Region Team

a Super Hero to Homeless Children

Show off your super power of volunteering with local homeless children in Greater Boston area. Volunteer to play with homeless children at a Horizons for Homeless Children Playspace in one of more than 90 family shelters state.  We have a high need for volunteers in Brighton. A commitment of 2 hours a week for 6 months and training are required.

Upcoming volunteer training:

Saturday, January 20th

9:30 AM – 12:30 PM

Roxbury, MA