yard waste

Don Lubin

Apr 17, 2015, 12:45:19 PM4/17/15
to AllstonBrighton2006
The City of Boston has designated alternate weeks this year for
recycling of yard waste. This week was scheduled for pickups. Has anyone
else noticed that, while they schedule and publicize yard waste pickups,
they don't actually do them? My string-tied bundles of small branches
are still sitting in front of my house, the day after Thursday pickup.
The trash and recycling trucks carefully left them there, and no yard
waste truck came down Ashford St. in Allston. I have had this same
experience any time in the last three years I have set out yard waste.
Shall I throw it in a dumpster? Shall I leave it there for the next
scheduled pickup in two weeks? They are too much solid cellulose for my
own composting system.
- Don Lubin

Helena Creamer

Apr 17, 2015, 1:34:03 PM4/17/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Many bags of yard waste were picked up today on Aldie Street, Don, our usual trash day.

Clamp, Christina

Apr 17, 2015, 2:24:12 PM4/17/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Call the Brighton Yard or the Mayor's hotline and explain your problem.

Christina A. Clamp
Professor, School of Arts and Sciences
Director, Ph.D. Program, Community Economic Development
Director, Center for Co-operatives & CED
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 N. River Rd.
Manchester, NH 03106
http://www.snhu.edu
c.c...@snhu.edu
(603)644-3154

Nancy Grilk

Apr 17, 2015, 5:20:27 PM4/17/15
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Don, When this happens on our street, I call the Mayor's Hot LIne
(617-635-4500) and they are out the same day or the next to make the
pick up. Good luck.

Bob Pessek, Allston

PS The poison ivy you removed for us some years ago is still gone.
Thanks