Davits for Allmand 31

Al Wray

Jun 29, 2017, 3:59:55 PM6/29/17
to all...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.  I'm looking for ideas for adding davits to our 31' Allmand.  Currently there are two flat brackets on the aft gunnels which were once used for a davit, but I'm not sure what would fit best. Ideas? Pics? Thanks.
Al Wray
"Serenity Now"
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Inline image 1

nyruss

Jul 6, 2017, 11:57:48 AM7/6/17
to Allmand
I started a project to add davits on a 31.
It had a Dinghy-Tow system.
From what I found out the base davit mounts can be on the transom near the rub rail or maybe on the joint that the rub rail covers.

Al Wray

Jul 6, 2017, 12:03:12 PM7/6/17
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Yes, there are two square deck plates bolted on so they must have been In there before we owned it.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Ehornick Hornick

Jul 6, 2017, 1:42:49 PM7/6/17
to Unknown
I found these Davits used with universal mounts for our 35. I think the dimensions of the 35 and 31 transom are similar enough for this style to work. Quite a few outfits make them. I think these are from a fab shop in Annapolis MD. I probably would add the stiffened strut option if starting over. They pull pretty hard on lifelines when loaded up. But workable. We tow the dinghy so only use davits for storage.
Eddie Hornick
Traveller
1984 35 Tricabin
20170706_132245.jpg