Gelcoat

Sherry

Mar 13, 2015, 9:16:20 AM3/13/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does anyone have a resource or tint calculation for matching the gelcoat?

Thanks!

Sherry Raintree
S/v Goldilocks
1984 Allmand 35

Charlie

Mar 13, 2015, 2:53:09 PM3/13/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
It's unlikely that you can find an absolute duplicate for the gelcoat. There were too many manufacturers with too many foumulations for that. Your best bet is to find the best FRP guy or gal in the area and have him or her try to match. I have a guy who is superb, but unless you're in Erie PA you won't get him.

It's eqasier to match the gel color with paint. There are a lot of spots on my 31 that have been painted and I defy anyone to fine the ines that are not the reairs to the screw holes for the removed eyebrows.

The paint person should be a pro also, no sense screwing up a job that everyone and his brother can see and then wonder what kind of a boat keeper you are.

Charlie Miller AMS, CMI
Aurora

Sherry

Mar 13, 2015, 4:07:24 PM3/13/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Sherry Raintree

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.