My little 31 Glass Slipper in Colombia

Mary Connaughton

Mar 16, 2016, 6:20:38 PM3/16/16
to all...@googlegroups.com

I haven't written in awhile, but wanted everyone to know my daughter and I  made it to Colombia aboard the Glass Slipper, our 1983 31 ft Allmand after sailing the thorny path to the eastern Caribbean.  This is one tough little boat. She has sailed well in all conditions.

John Rudio

Mar 16, 2016, 6:25:35 PM3/16/16
to all...@googlegroups.com

Mary,

I would be very interested in hearing all about your adventure.  Please tell more!  My wife and I would love to do the same but will have to wait several years before venturing that far.

Congratulations,

John

Business

81 Allmand 31

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Jim Goepel

Mar 16, 2016, 6:29:13 PM3/16/16
to all...@googlegroups.com
I second John's request!!! And request pictures too!!!

~~~/)* Dave

Mar 16, 2016, 8:37:20 PM3/16/16
to all...@googlegroups.com
I have an 83/31 and I know what a great boat she is.

S/V Laffin Place
huds...@verizon.net

John Rudio

Mar 16, 2016, 10:00:41 PM3/16/16
to all...@googlegroups.com

Dave,

I have 81/31 and I wouldn’t trade her for the world!  Well maybe a 58 Choy Lee or ……..just kidding; I love my 31!  I just wish I could get my port hatches from leaking.  Other than that she is almost perfect.

John

Business

81/31 Allmand

Destin, FL

Chris Windeler

Mar 17, 2016, 9:48:23 AM3/17/16
to all...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 17, 2016, at 7:47 AM, Chris Windeler <cwin...@icloud.com> wrote:

I rebuilt my hatches. You can get new gaskets from the manufacture. Installing is easy. I also removed mine, repainted, and resealed the hatches to the deck. Harder but very doable.
Chris

Sent from my iPad

nyruss

Mar 17, 2016, 3:27:28 PM3/17/16
to Allmand
Hi, I also have an '83 - 31.
I would also love to hear more - I dream about doing that & maybe Cuba!
Please include me also.