Re: [Allmand] Re: Better insulation for ice/refrig boxe??

EDDIE...@aol.com

Mar 19, 2015, 11:22:59 PM3/19/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Karl. I also figured out the same method. Just finished the job and will be on a 4 day cruise with the kids and grandkids this weekend. Hope it cuts down on battery drain.   Ed, "Allmand Joy" , New Port Richey FL

In a message dated 3/19/2015 7:42:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ktut...@mindspring.com writes:
Eddie,

I insulated my ice box from the inside. At Home Depot I bought the insulation with the highest R factor available. It has a foil surface on one side. Then I cut it with a razor knife to fit the surfaces in the box. I secured it with Aluminum Tape to the sides of the box and covered the seams with more tape. It improved the holding capabilities immensely. The size of the box was not affected substantially. This is the second time I have done this project on a boat and it worked extremely well in both cases.

Cheap and effective, and not overly time consuming,

Karl
S/V Dancer
1982 Allmand 31
Fort Pierce, FL

On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 2:40:16 PM UTC-5, eddiecasey wrote:
My biggest battery drain is my refrigeration system. It doesn't seem that there is any insulation around the ice box and it is right next to the engine. We would like to insulate the refrig . Has anyone had any success with this project?  Ed and Louise Smith "Allmand Joy" NPR, FL

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Dave_E

Mar 24, 2015, 12:45:56 PM3/24/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eddie,

I can also vouch for this method. I have the thermostat set to almost the min. and the temp is just above freezing! Works well.

Dave

EDDIE...@aol.com

Mar 25, 2015, 3:29:22 PM3/25/15
to all...@googlegroups.com