Re: [Allmand] Abridged summary of allmand@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 3 topics

Hank Green

May 18, 2016, 8:57:59 AM5/18/16
to Abridged recipients
I have been buying my elbows from Buck Algonquin on Kent Island, MD. I think I pay about $115 for them.

Hank

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:34 PM
Subject: [Allmand] Abridged summary of all...@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 3 topics

Beaufort Rob <robin.c...@gmail.com>: May 17 07:33AM -0700

Here is a puzzler for you guys:

The last trip I took to Cape Lookout involved about 3 hours of motoring and
another 3 hours of motor sailing. When I returned there was a massive ...more
Mary Connaughton <connaugh...@gmail.com>: May 17 08:44AM -0600

I had a huge amount of soot on the transom too, but I have a fairly new
yanmar. .the issue was the mixing elbow was clogged and it blew put a lot
of soot at once...I changed out the mixing elbow and ...more
Beaufort Rob <robin.c...@gmail.com>: May 17 09:29AM -0700

Thanks, Mary. I am overdue to replace the homemade mixing elbow after more
than 3 years. I'm still getting good water pressure but I was warned that
they wouldn't last more than a few years. ...more
Bill Cornpropst <boa...@gmail.com>: May 17 01:13PM -0400

I agree with Mary on the exhaust elbow, worth checking into. Is your prop
clean? A load on the engine will cause smoke as well.For years I used
Valvetec diesel additive in addition to a biocide ...more
Benjamin Bradley <benjamin...@gmail.com>: May 16 06:34PM -0700

http://www.crabsailing.org/content/1983-allmand

The guy who bought this boat swooped in by accident (because he was
admiring the boat when the seller was walking his dog on the weekend) and ...more
"~~~/)* Dave" <huds...@verizon.net>: May 16 10:42PM -0400

If it floats it's worth more than that.

~~~/)* Dave
huds...@verizon.net