How to find and buy an Allmand 31 in need of TLC?

Red Bull

Aug 31, 2016, 6:49:10 PM8/31/16
to Allmand
Hi, everyone~

We have been looking for an Allmand 31 for a while now, and our budget (well below 10K) will only allow for a fixer-upper.

Where might some of you recommend finding Allmand 31s in need of some rehab? Most of what we've been seeing are Allmands in beautiful condition---well-loved and well-taken-care-of. And although I *love* seeing this, we can't afford to buy an Allmand in that kind of pristine shape right now.

Suggestions? Ideas? Thanks for anything you all might suggest~~

d.a.v.e

Sep 1, 2016, 4:50:31 PM9/1/16
to Allmand
I've got one its a 1980 in your price range located near Detroit.  Its in the water and I think you still have a few weeks to get it though the Erie Canal if you want to take it somewhere outside the great lakes.  Where are you located?

Red Bull

Sep 1, 2016, 9:56:56 PM9/1/16
to Allmand
Hi, Dave~

Thanks so much for the response! I'm sending you an email now~~

EDDIE...@aol.com

Sep 2, 2016, 2:34:04 PM9/2/16
to all...@googlegroups.com
We are planning to sell our 1983 Allmand 31 Tall Rig (with all teak interior and lots of cruising equipment and upgrades) in a couple of months. By the way, we put in a new 25HP Beta Marine Diesel a couple of years ago, runs great. Boat is in excellent condition and ready to SailAway. We've owned and cruised her in the Gulf of Mexico for the past 16 years.
We are thinking of asking $26,000.
IF anyone knows of someone interested please contact us. Ed And Louise Smith, ALLMAND JOY' New Port Richey, FL.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Red Bull

Sep 3, 2016, 8:47:19 PM9/3/16
to Allmand
Thanks for the response, Ed! Sending you an email now~~

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 2:34:04 PM UTC-4, eddiecasey wrote:
We are planning to sell our 1983 Allmand 31 Tall Rig (with all teak interior and lots of cruising equipment and upgrades) in a couple of months. By the way, we put in a new 25HP Beta Marine Diesel a couple of years ago, runs great. Boat is in excellent condition and ready to SailAway. We've owned and cruised her in the Gulf of Mexico for the past 16 years.
We are thinking of asking $26,000.
IF anyone knows of someone interested please contact us. Ed And Louise Smith, ALLMAND JOY' New Port Richey, FL.

In a message dated 9/1/2016 9:56:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 6:49:10 PM UTC-4, Red Bull wrote:
Hi, everyone~

We have been looking for an Allmand 31 for a while now, and our budget (well below 10K) will only allow for a fixer-upper.

Where might some of you recommend finding Allmand 31s in need of some rehab? Most of what we've been seeing are Allmands in beautiful condition---well-loved and well-taken-care-of. And although I *love* seeing this, we can't afford to buy an Allmand in that kind of pristine shape right now.

Suggestions? Ideas? Thanks for anything you all might suggest~~

Christopher Avildsen

Oct 3, 2016, 9:47:46 AM10/3/16
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 I have a 1981 31 ft Allmand on the Connecticut River. It sounds like it might be right for you if your located on the East Coast?
Call or email me and I'll be happy to fill you in.

Best,  Chris

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Christopher J Avildsen
US Drive Against Malaria
372 Central Park West Suite 3C
New York, NY 10025