Mainsheet Traveler

Drew Orr

Apr 16, 2006, 10:26:00 PM4/16/06
to All...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if anyone has had to replace the mainsheet traveler on there Allmand, mine is an 81 31ft, and it apears that on the port side the coach roof has a strip of of fiberglass mat and the bolts free spin all the rest have access by removing the hatch completely, the sheeves on the traveler fittings are shot, so I have the hole spaceing and length to Garhauer and they are making a new one for me, any help would be helpful.

Drew

sailor38

Jul 18, 2016, 8:18:27 AM7/18/16
to Allmand, All...@googlegroups.com, orr_...@yahoo.com
Having same issue!  I also have new replacement Garhauer and it's amazing that they can sell the entire assembly for less than a replacement car for existing track.  I've contacted a friend who owns one and hopefully will get some hints from him.  He plans on replacing his as well.  It may require cutting or drilling some of the fiberglass out directly below nuts on port side.  I've pulled the headliner back but see no indentations, filled holes, or anything.  Maybe they matted it over after assembly but tapping from below sounds pretty solid.  Not hollow sound as I'd hoped for! Don't see reply to your post.