Re: [Allmand] Abridged summary of allmand@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 1 t...

EDDIE...@aol.com

May 31, 2015, 7:26:51 PM5/31/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
On our '83 31' "Allmand Joy" we use lead acid batteries (1) 12 battery for starting and (4)  T105 golf cart batteries for house needs .  Ed Smith  NPR, FL

In a message dated 5/31/2015 3:21:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, hank...@hotmail.com writes:

Good info Keith!

I had 5 4D AGMs that where long in the tooth and I finished them off by leaving a light on when we were in France for 2 weeks. For my needs mostly cost and bulk, I went to 4 Crown red top golf cart batteries, they were a little cheaper than the T105 locally and have a few more amps. Four of them sit in just about the same space as two 4Ds. So I went from an 800ah house bank to a 470ah bank. Not that big of a deal for us. We almost never pull more than 120 amps before we charge anyway. For my start battery I went with a 4d wet.

Hank on Sundowner.