New Owner

Dave_E

Sep 8, 2013, 10:11:06 AM9/8/13
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

New Allmand 31 owner checking in. Never used Google Groups before.

Dave
Stanwood, WA

Bill Cornpropst

Sep 8, 2013, 2:46:38 PM9/8/13
to all...@googlegroups.com
Welcome aboard Dave, tell us more about your boat and where you sail.

Bill,
1982 35 pilot house hull #09
> --
> --
> Allmand Files:
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0KWQYvl2FcWMGM2NzgyMTYtNDE3Yi00YWU5LTgyMTUtMWU4YzlmODA0NzU3&hl=en
>
> ---
> Groups "Allmand" group.
> an email to allmand+u...@googlegroups.com.

Lipham

Sep 8, 2013, 4:52:27 PM9/8/13
to all...@googlegroups.com, all...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Dave

Sent from my iPad

Gene Exley

Sep 8, 2013, 5:41:36 PM9/8/13
to <allmand@googlegroups.com>
Welcome Dave
31 Almand. Haul # 163

Gene Exley
Nortech Systems

Harry Jansen

Sep 8, 2013, 6:15:43 PM9/8/13
to all...@googlegroups.com
Pictures are always welcome

Sep 10, 2013, 3:19:07 PM9/10/13
to all...@googlegroups.com
Another welcome, Dave, but let me offer a little more.

I keep my Allmand 35 at Tyee Marina in Tacoma.  I've had Wanderlust since late 1993, but I've never seen another Allmand on Puget Sound.  I've seen a couple of Puget Sound ads over the years for 31's (no 35's) over the years, but I don't know if that's one boat or two, nor if your's is one of them.  I've also seen one ad for an Allmand 35 in California.  At any rate, it seems very few have crossed the country, and I've never had anyone recognize her.  I guess we're members of a pretty select group.

I run Saratoga Passage at most once a year, so I suppose our paths will never cross accidentally unless we're in the San Juans at the same time.  I used to drive I5 past Stanwood once in a while, when my daughter was at WWU, but that's behind us.  If you ever find yourself in Tacoma, you're welcome to a tour of Wanderlust.

Bob Sodergren

Dave_E

Mar 23, 2014, 12:45:32 PM3/23/14
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I actually forgot this Google group was here, (I'm a regular on Sailnet). I have pictures on Sailnet. I wish I had time to be posting everything on 3 or 4 different sites. We got to know her since last August, mostly "personalization", making the interior "ours" so to speak and me geeting real familar with the systems. The sails are removed and the mast comes off in April for a complete refurb, then the boat comes out for bottom paint, a new dripless shaft seal and a new sea cock under the sink. Sails are getting sent in and by the end of May, she ought to be ready for the summer.

Dave

Bill Cornpropst

Mar 23, 2014, 1:40:04 PM3/23/14
to all...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a real nice project Dave, reminds me of all that I have to do on mine. I just had my sails gone over and repaired as needed. Got a new bimini custom fitted, and for the first time in 15 years, had the yard sand and paint the bottom, I just couldn't do it myself after cervical spine surgery in October. Now the big item before I start anything else, is to try to find the leak over the galley stove. I know where it comes out, but don't know where it enters!

 Welcome to the group and best wishes on your project.

Bill  in Deltaville Virginia on the Chesapeake Bay
Allmand 35 Pilot House #09

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.